This is not a finished game, currently i still need to add a combat system of some sorts and a skill system...
And working multiplayer will also be coming...
When it is finished it is supposed to be a Random RPG.
Quests and Maps shall be Random
Currently it has:
Enemies (with somewhat working AI)
Dynamic Item System
Map (Movable shift + click & drag)
Save Map (ctrl + z) - saves the map as "map.png" in the game's current directory
Screenshot (F12) - Saves a screenshot to the Desktop (Currently only tested on windows. It saves to System.getProperty("user.home") + " /Desktop")
Cheats (ctrl + c)
- "sprint" makes you walk faster
- "debug" shows debug information (Movable shift + click & drag)
- "setpos" sets position (setpos 0-max:0-max, max is the World Size - 1)
- "settime" sets time (settime 0-70) //Not complete. It will only set time, it will not flip the day-night cycle....
- "-portable" makes the game save data in current directory...
- "-volatile" uses a volatile image, which increases FrameRate on some systems.
It exists in ADDPATA/.RandomRPG(on windows) or USERHOME/.RandomRPG(on other systems)
- "debugpos" contains debuginfo position
- "mappos" contains Map position
- "sync" Aprox FPS, you can probably lower this to around 15, because there are no animations at all. This will lower CPU Usage.
If someone could test it and give feedback,
I will fix any bugs/glitches, if you find some.
If anyone wants to join the project, pm me
Really need a graphics artist(Pixel Art)
Currently everything(but the character) is drawn by me in Paint.net
This post is probably not complete, but if you want to know anything write a comment or email me: email@example.com
This is open source, and you're free to borrow any source code.