Ok, I messed up the webstart ant script that compiles the jars. I've updated it and uploaded the results, far smaller
I'm not sure what you mean by the packages not having the other binaries. On the server where the files are I just did
$ tar -tzf jinput_linux_2005-06-19.tgz
$ tar -tzf jinput_osx_2005-06-27.tgz
so the .so and .jnilib are there
There are 4 parts that each platform needs, the jutils jar for the plugin components, the coreAPI parts, the java plugin parts, and the native lib parts. Unlike jogl for example, the platform specific plugins do *not* have a common native interface. Where jogl has all the java parts in common on all platforms, jinput doesn't. I *could* have created a shared jar that contained the coreAPI components and the jutils parts, and then for each platform have a java plugin jar and a native lib jar. This would have saved on server disk space. What I ended up doing, was for each platform, putting the coreAPI, jutils and the java plugin parts in one jar, and the lib in another. I thought this would make it simple for people to steal the jars from where they are now if they wanted too. Also, server disk space is not an issue.