Games in Android Showcase (106)
games submitted by our members
Games in WIP (530)
games currently in development
News: Read the Java Gaming Resources, or peek at the official Java tutorials

Home     Help   Search   Login   Register   
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  ignore  |  Print  
  Added realistic physics engine for Xith3d (ODE)  (Read 11190 times)
Offline Jeff

JGO Coder

Got any cats?

« Reply #30 - Posted 2003-11-24 19:04:58 »

My knowledge of JNI and ODE is vauge at best, but how realistic is it to do a version with 'just' a binding to the native library, then gradually convert this to pure java?

This is actually a very reasonable idea.  Once you have agreed  on what the Java interfaces look like you could even parallelize the projects.  The JNI based one is likely to get done quicker.  The Java based one will be portable and MAY even be a bit faster depending on how much in the way of Java to C context switches the JNI version had to do.

Got a question about Java and game programming?  Just new to the Java Game Development Community?  Try my FAQ.  Its likely you'll learn something!

http://wiki.java.net/bin/view/Games/JeffFAQ
Offline shawnkendall

« Reply #31 - Posted 2003-11-24 19:49:03 »

My off the cuff, non-scientific analysis says:
"100% Java implementation guaranteed faster than JNI version" ;-)"

After all my attempts for my faster math chapter, the 1.4.2 JVM JIT beats any JNI that is not seriously batched ( like say for example large ByteBuffers of floats for 3D vertices ).
To make ODE be like that would require a different interface and layer to accept batched up (ByteBuffers)  data for C-side ODE processing.

Shawn Kendall
Cosmic Interactive, LLC
http://www.facebook.com/BermudaDash
Offline William Denniss

JGO Coder

Projects: 2

Fire at will

« Reply #32 - Posted 2003-11-24 21:46:18 »

A porting project for ODE is something I can work with the Xith3D folks on, and both our engines could use it.
This is also one way to make sure that utils/etc are clean and without dependancies to other engines.

I think this is definitely the best approach.  There was some complaints in a general thread about duplication of work - and a standard Physics API is much better than all of us making our own sub-standard ones instead.  That's the benefit of open source after all.

I too would like to see Xith3D stay 100% java as it currently is with third-party libraries handling the native code bits (this makes it easier to maintain for us).  As Jens said, the Xith3D model is currently a very strong and sound idea, in most cases the developer can choose what underlying library (if any - eg for sound) to use.  I would like see this philosophy continue for the physics aspects.  There are some smaller projects which may not need Physics or sound and these ones currently don't need to carry any extra bloat and I'd be good if it could stay that way.

BTW - to get the project approved you have to go though some bureaucracy, see here: https://games.dev.java.net/ and here: https://games.dev.java.net/govern.html

Will.

Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline Jeff

JGO Coder

Got any cats?

« Reply #33 - Posted 2003-11-25 00:56:16 »

My off the cuff, non-scientific analysis says:
"100% Java implementation guaranteed faster than JNI version" ;-)"

lol.  I think thats a first... the developers are less conservative then me Smiley

Got a question about Java and game programming?  Just new to the Java Game Development Community?  Try my FAQ.  Its likely you'll learn something!

http://wiki.java.net/bin/view/Games/JeffFAQ
Offline DjaZia

Senior Newbie

Build once, run everywhere!

« Reply #34 - Posted 2003-11-25 07:42:23 »

I agree with Yuri that pluging ODE will seem like "just adding native libs" to the project but I had bad experience with libs before.You keep having lots of problems depending on the versions of the lib, patches applied, OS, etc.... (mainly Windows).
If you check the forum, you can see there's a lot of problems coming from jogl (OpenGL versions, hardware not supporting versions, few Linux probs, etc...) and I bet that the forum will have few questions about problems with the ODE native libs.
100% Java PE will remove this probs and Xith3D team will spend more time on Xith3D dev than answering question about why the ODE lib causing probs.

It seems that:
- Xith3D needs a PE quite rapidly according to Yuri: "The question is ability to use physics engine in production in some reasonable time"
- most people on this forum agree that a 100% Java PE will be great for Xith3D.

I guess the best approach for this is to (as said Orangy Tang and Jeff):
1/ define the PE interfaces
2/ plug the actual C++ ODE to Xith3d
3/ open a parallel project which will "port" and not "re-create" ODE in Java.
4/ when JavaODE is finished/tested/approved, we switch.

This will allow the Xith3D dev team to have the PE functonal rapidly and concentrate on Xith3D while others (like Shawn, Orange Tang, myself or others) try to port ODE in Java.
If the port is not done or takes a very long time for X reasons , Xith3D will not be stalled.

DZ

DZ Ecrew member
Offline Preston

Medals: 4

« Reply #35 - Posted 2003-11-25 08:53:07 »

(..) I had bad experience with libs before.You keep having lots of problems depending on the versions of the lib, patches applied, OS, etc.... (mainly Windows).
If you check the forum, you can see there's a lot of problems coming from jogl (OpenGL versions, hardware not supporting versions, few Linux probs, etc...) and I bet that the forum will have few questions about problems with the ODE native libs.
100% Java PE will remove this probs and Xith3D team will spend more time on Xith3D dev than answering question about why the ODE lib causing probs.

Fully agreed. :-)

Native libs for Java applications are always painfully and in particular they break the Java philosophy "write once run everywhere". You're going to depend on the grace of those guys who deliver you with a natively compiled version of the bindings for a particular platform. If they don't - you're stuck. Better: free choice of the platforms on which all Java apps shall run.

JOGL is the maximum case of a native lib I am willing to bear with Java applications at the moment, knowing that several "guys" who maintain it are from SUN so it's not just a hobby project who could disappear tomorrow and leave you sining in the rain...
Strongly tied to the hope that SUN will include direct OpenGL support into a future J2SE. So that we're going to be able to say: for our OpenGL/Xith3d app/game/bla you just need a Java 1.6 enabled platform and there you are. :-)
We all know SUN will support/use OpenGL on non-windows JVMs but the ultimate goal should be something like JOGL in the J2SE.

As you say: it's already a hassle to provide people with the neccessary JOGL native libs when you want to show/test your JOGL applications (without JWS) to just a few people who own different computers at different places... (A friend of mine works with a HP UX with Java 1.4 and OpenGL but won't be able to run any JOGL program. :-(

Jeff said: "the Java based one {PE} will be portable and MAY even be a bit faster depending on how much in the way of Java to C context switches the JNI version had to do." It's the performance tuning book Jeff who says this, so ... do we need to discuss further? ;-)

PS: The reason I'm writing again so eagerly is because I'm sure there will be many occasions where Java developers could use a (Java) physics engine in future games/applications. :-)
Offline Yuri Vl. Gushchin

Speak Java!

« Reply #36 - Posted 2003-11-25 09:35:48 »

Hi,

...but how realistic is it to do a version with 'just' a binding to the native library, then gradually convert this to pure java?

I think this is realistic, and I believe this is a way to go. This ensures that physics library will stay independent of Xith3D and will be usable in other projects/engines, and will keep oportunity to make Xith3D 100% pure Java.

In any case, I just wanted to make clear that I am talking port, not new art.  And this wouldn't stop anyone from using generated wrappers in any way.

...and as I understand this implicitly means keeping the PE API similar to original one, so in future we can replace native version with Java version.

I'm not working on Xith3D, so you lose no resources if I was involved in an ODE port project.  In fact, this is one way I can finally help out the Xith team IF they choose to use the port.  In additional many other people who aren't working on Xith3D many wish to have a Java ODE port for unimaginable reasons.  (Even 2D rendered web games can use 2D/3D physics to cool effect)

I think we should go in parallel. Defining the PE intergration with Xith3D is one part, making a bindings is a second, and ODE -> Java port is the 3rd. So, I generally agree with the summary made by djazia. ...and we don't want to loose your efforts!

Yuri

Yuri Vl. Gushchin
JProof Group
Offline Jani Laakso

Do it with Java!

« Reply #37 - Posted 2003-11-26 07:54:16 »

I just wrote to dev.java.net community as I need to justify why the project should be added into games.dev.java.net section.

Message below might be of interest to some people.

---

Here is my project description along with other information for Java Games Community to consider.

1. Project

odejava.dev.java.net

2. Description

The javaode project allows using Open Dynamics Engine (ODE) through Java. It should be easy to plug in on any 3d library like Xith3d or jME. ODE is a free library for the simulation of Rigid Body Dynamics (see http://q12.org/ode/ for more information). Interface is built using swig tool and therefore it is almost one to one with ode's c++ interface.

3. License

BSD

4. Other information

I and my friend have tested most aspects of ODE using odejava interface with Java3d, Xith3d, jME and OpenMind projects. Same interface has been used for over a year now and now I feel that it is time to share this project with everyone. There are no known problems with odejava, although testing has been quite simple. However I strongly feel that this binding is suitable for contributing Java games instantly to the next level. There exists a need for good physics engine now and developing new one completely with Java takes some time. This project would boost 2d and 3d java game development today and hopely raise more interest for getting people to develop their own physics engines with pure Java. Odejava community should work together with other Java physics engine projects, in order to smoothen transition from odejava into java physics engine when time is appropriate.

Project's core consists of single interface file. This file is used to construct Java classes and methods into ODE counterparts, in other words the important result is odejava.dev.java.net package. Odejava uses swig as it's tool for creating bindings into ODE. The package contains also Java 3d demos done using Xith3d library and an sample world class that shows how easy it is to plug into any existing Java 3d renderer.

The downsides. This project needs single native library. I have compiled only win32 odejava.dll (256kb), but my friend is using same package under linux. In any case odejava compiling is extremely simple if one knows how to compile ODE. Odejava first priority is to get most precompiled libraries for mac and linux into the package, so that it is as simple as possible to get started with physics engine on Java.

I am not planning to make big modifications on this project because currently there are only a few things that need to be changed, this just works in all it's simplicity. I am looking forward for the community to come up with good ideas on how to develop this project further, especially creating better physics API on the Java side. There already exists good documentation and active mailing list on ODE www-site. You can get started with odejava just by adding single native library to JVM's arguments and importing odejava.dev.java.net classes.

Here is a thread that I posted on Xith3d forums three days ago. Xith3d is also dev.java.net project. This thread is popular and there certainly seems to be demand for adopting ODE in Java.
http://www.java-gaming.org/cgi-bin/JGNetForums/YaBB.cgi?board=xith3d;action=display;num=1069584768

Yours sincerely, Jani Laakso.
Offline shawnkendall

« Reply #38 - Posted 2003-11-26 12:37:39 »

I want to say that it is great you have made the ODE wrappers and started the  odejava.dev.java.net .
Undoubtly, we will use it and it will become the benchmark for some time.

There is a critical motivation on our part to have an all Java version though, and that is for server-side game computation in networked games.  

Nearly all servers run pure Java or can easily be added since this one of the places Java is heavily supported.

However, most servers are headless (little-to-no graphics) and have many possible machine architectures and OSes combinations which makes using a native library a hastle in most cases and impassable in others.  This was a major reason years ago we had to write our own seperate collision system from Java3D, because Java3D CAN NOT run headless at all (i.e. you can't even start a J3D app on a system without OGL or D3D support, such as a server)

So we will be requiring pure Java in the end for any server-side networked project.  So this is why we will ultimately be pursuing pure Java ODE library.

Shawn Kendall
Cosmic Interactive, LLC
http://www.facebook.com/BermudaDash
Offline William Denniss

JGO Coder

Projects: 2

Fire at will

« Reply #39 - Posted 2003-11-26 21:22:18 »

The project has my +1, that's for sure.

I havn't got that email yet.  Did you join the mailing list before sending?  It will reject emails sent by any email address not registered on the list.

Will.

Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline paolinux

Junior Newbie

Java games rock!

« Reply #40 - Posted 2003-12-01 16:17:23 »

Hi Jani,

I would be very interested in using your code, because I am developing a robot simulator using ode at my university and it would be wonderful to write it in Java.

I have been checking for some days your project site on java.net but unfortunately it seems that your project is still under review.  Since I need to start writing code asap, I would be very grateful if you might send me your code or make it avalaible somewhere.

Thanks a lot

Paolo
Offline Jens

Java for games!

« Reply #41 - Posted 2003-12-01 17:01:15 »

I am very interested in the current status of the physics engines of David, shawnkendall and Jani, too. If there are some updates please post them here.

Xith3D Getting Started Guide (PDF,HTML,Source)
Offline Micke

Senior Newbie

Yada-yada

« Reply #42 - Posted 2003-12-02 08:41:01 »

Looks like I'm not the only one monitoring this thread eagerly awaiting something to get my dirty hands on... ANY progress on ANY bindings or physicsengine a la ODE would be greatly appreciated  Tongue

/Micke
Offline Jani Laakso

Do it with Java!

« Reply #43 - Posted 2003-12-02 12:07:13 »

I will set odejava package up in some www-site in six hours after writing this email. The package is ready.

dev.java.net sure takes some time to get it up, so it is best that I share this package today. I have to go for other businesses for some hours but after that I write an email (and instructions) and a link where to download it.
Package contains also some Xith3d examples (box simulation and car simulation).

Speak Java!

« Reply #44 - Posted 2003-12-02 13:10:51 »

Perfect. Good news. Looking forward to see the demos.

Yuri

Yuri Vl. Gushchin
JProof Group
Offline Jani Laakso

Do it with Java!

« Reply #45 - Posted 2003-12-02 20:54:24 »

Download odejava-0.1.zip from the link below:
http://cray.tuug.fi/~jani/odejava/

Sorry that it took more than I promised, I realised that I needed to write some readme and compiling information for those people that are not using windows systems.

I truly hope someone can benefit from this package. If you do, send some email to me and tell what kind of project are you running.

And when someone compiles linux or mac native library, I would be glad to add that into this package.

As always, if it breaks your system down, do not blame on me Smiley
Offline Java Cool Dude

Java forever

« Reply #46 - Posted 2003-12-02 21:29:42 »

Well bud win32 jar contains non-compiled source, no wonder nothing wanted to compile/run Tongue
Offline kaffiene
« Reply #47 - Posted 2003-12-02 21:31:37 »

Woot!

Thanks, I've been hanging out for this to be released  Smiley
Offline Jani Laakso

Do it with Java!

« Reply #48 - Posted 2003-12-02 22:04:11 »

Java Cool Dude,
Good point, I made the package in a hurry.. lib/odejava.jar was broken.  

In any case the file lib/odejava.jar is not required as the package contains full source (see odejava/net directory). I fixed odejava.jar now to both www-page zips.

By the way, I added another (bigger) package that contains easy way to execute the demos (in windows).
See this thread:
http://www.java-gaming.org/cgi-bin/JGNetForums/YaBB.cgi?board=xith3d;action=display;num=1070408605
Offline Jani Laakso

Do it with Java!

« Reply #49 - Posted 2003-12-03 04:40:39 »

Just to inform that Java Cool Dude had some problem executing the demos (javaode-0.1-full.zip).
His problem was:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: new_dWorld
  at net.java.dev.odejava.ode.OdeJNI.new_dWorld(Native Method)

Please tell me if you have problems so I can fix this.

I do not know JCDudes platform but as my dll building knowledge is quite low I decided to inform about possible problem on this thread also (see the message below). Of course if you are compiling your own odejava library, you know what you get. I am confident that the source code runs well on all the platforms that can compile + run ODE as well.

Info message follows..
---

The package has been now tested succesfully on 5 different Windows machines. Although all the machines had Windows XP or Windows 2000 and JDK (or JRE) 1.4.2_02.

Just to make sure, I tested it again ok with the following software:
Windows 2000  / SP4 / JRE 1.4.2_02
This machine was quite clean w2k install.

I have not tested it on Win95/98/Me, my dll and msvc6 knowledge is very low so there might be very well be a problem with the dll on some systems.

PS. The cardemo needs a bit newer GPU hardware, boxdemo on the other hand is more CPU intensive.

Offline matheng10

Senior Newbie

Java games rock!

« Reply #50 - Posted 2003-12-04 16:51:05 »

Hi! we are a group of students and we are going to use odejava to develop a simulator for robots in dynamic environments.

I'm tryng to build odejava on linux debian but so far I have not been successful...

First, if i get this correctly I think that according to the readme.txt
odejava.h  
odejava.cpp  
odejava.i
files should go into javaode/net/java/dev/odejava/ode and not in zip's root as in odejava-0.1.1-full.zip right?

Then after i ran swig i try with
g++ -c -I /usr/local/j2se/include/ -I /usr/local/j2se/include/linux -I ../../../../../include odejava_wrap.cxx

and i get
odejava_wrap.cxx: In function `void
  Java_net_java_dev_odejava_ode_OdeJNI_dHingeJoint_1addTorque(JNIEnv*,
  _jclass*, long long int, float)':
odejava_wrap.cxx:2416: error: `addTorque' undeclared (first use this function)
odejava_wrap.cxx:2416: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
  for each function it appears in.)
  Java_net_java_dev_odejava_ode_OdeJNI_dSliderJoint_1addForce(JNIEnv*,
  _jclass*, long long int, float)':
odejava_wrap.cxx:2620: error: `addForce' undeclared (first use this function)
  Java_net_java_dev_odejava_ode_OdeJNI_dUniversalJoint_1addTorques(JNIEnv*,
  _jclass*, long long int, float, float)':
odejava_wrap.cxx:2929: error: `addTorques' undeclared (first use this function)
  Java_net_java_dev_odejava_ode_OdeJNI_dHinge2Joint_1addTorques(JNIEnv*,
  _jclass*, long long int, float, float)':
odejava_wrap.cxx:3204: error: `addTorques' undeclared (first use this function)
  Java_net_java_dev_odejava_ode_OdeJNI_dAMotorJoint_1addTorques(JNIEnv*,
  _jclass*, long long int, float, float, float)':
odejava_wrap.cxx:3765: error: `addTorques' undeclared (first use this function)

Is swig not including something?

Has someone suceded in building odejava under linux?

Thank you :)
Offline Jani Laakso

Do it with Java!

« Reply #51 - Posted 2003-12-04 17:34:16 »

First, if i get this correctly I think that according to the readme.txt
odejava.h  
odejava.cpp  
odejava.i
files should go into javaode/net/java/dev/odejava/ode and not in zip's root as in odejava-0.1.1-full.zip right?

First, I know the readme is a mess, I really should have compiled and linked at least linux binaries, but I have linux only at work and well..

1. unpack ode e.g. to directory /tmp/ode

2. go to ode dir and do as the INSTALL file says
"cd /tmp/ode"
"cat INSTALL"

3. I am assuming that following commands went ok
"make configure"
"make ode-lib"
Now you should have a file /tmp/ode/lib/ode.so and plenty of *.o files under /tmp/ode/ode/src

4. Handle odejava-0.1.1-full.zip into /tmp
cd /tmp/ode
cp -a /tmp/odejava/net /tmp/ode
cd /tmp/odejava/net/java/dev/odejava/ode/
swig -Wall -java -c++ -package net.java.dev.odejava.ode odejava.i
cd /tmp/ode

5. compile odejava_wrap.cxx (at /tmp/ode)

g++ -c -I 'd:\j2sdk1.4.2_01\include' -I 'd:\j2sdk1.4.2_01\include\win32' -I include net/java/dev/odejava/ode/odejava_wrap.cxx -o net/java/dev/odejava/ode/odejava_wrap.o

6. compile odejava.cpp (at /tmp/ode)

g++ -c -I 'd:\j2sdk1.4.2_01\include' -I 'd:\j2sdk1.4.2_01\include\win32' -I include net/java/dev/odejava/ode/odejava.cpp -o net/java/dev/odejava/ode/odejava.o

7. link odejava.so library (at /tmp/ode)

If you run into problems, take exactly same command that "make ode-lib" does last, just add: net/java/dev/odejava/ode/odejava_wrap.obj and net/java/dev/odejava/ode/odejava.obj files to get everything linked, you may change the library's name from ode.so also into odejava.so

Here's the last commands example:

ar rc lib/javaode.a ode/src/array.o ode/src/error.o ode/src/memory.o ode/src/obstack.o ode/src/odemath.o ode/src/matrix.o ode/src/misc.o ode/src/rotation.o ode/src/mass.o ode/src/ode.o ode/src/step.o ode/src/stepfast.o ode/src/lcp.o ode/src/joint.o ode/src/timer.o ode/src/mat.o ode/src/testing.o ode/src/collision_kernel.o ode/src/collision_util.o ode/src/collision_std.o ode/src/collision_space.o ode/src/collision_transform.o ode/src/collision_quadtreespace.o ode/src/fastldlt.o ode/src/fastlsolve.o ode/src/fastltsolve.o ode/src/fastdot.o net/java/dev/odejava/ode/odejava_wrap.o net/java/dev/odejava/ode/odejava.o

Note that I tested above g++ commands succesfully on my cygwin machine (winxp), so change path's to java includes.

Then after i ran swig i try with
g++ -c -I /usr/local/j2se/include/ -I /usr/local/j2se/include/linux -I ../../../../../include odejava_wrap.cxx

I suggest that you do not ascend into /tmp/ode/net/java/dev/odejava/ode directory.
keep yourself in /tmp/ode as this is where the ode's makefile also is. For some reason g++ does not find ode's include files even though your path (../../../../../include) seems ok.

Is swig not including something?

Has someone suceded in building odejava under linux?

I am 100% sure that it works on linux.  Similar interface file has been used for creating bindings for ode, under linux.

You can also mail to my personal account if you have more questions about compiling.

If you get a working odejava.so, please email it to me and tell me what ODE version (or cvs date) are you using, also what configuration (single vs. double precision, opcode vs. non-opcode).

PS. I hope Xith3d people wont mind that this thread get's a bit away from Xith, odejava still have no forums up as dev.java.net is pending.

Speak Java!

« Reply #52 - Posted 2003-12-04 17:48:58 »

I hope Xith3d people wont mind that this thread get's a bit away from Xith, odejava still have no forums up as dev.java.net is pending.

This thread isn't really far from Xith3D - I believe many people here are interested in this porject.

Yuri

Yuri Vl. Gushchin
JProof Group
Offline Daath

Java games rock!

« Reply #53 - Posted 2003-12-05 23:26:58 »

just was wandering if this engine is capable of handling Navier-Stokes equations, I am starting to work on more realistic looking(behaving) water and will need to use that.

Update: after running through docs I found that non-rigid body mechanincs is not supported - maybe in next version- it states

So that leaves me with rolling up sleeves and diving into math world  Smiley
Offline Jani Laakso

Do it with Java!

« Reply #54 - Posted 2003-12-06 11:07:17 »

I compiled libodejava.so for Linux platform. I tested it succesfully with console demo.

1. Download linux library

http://cray.tuug.org/~jani/odejava/libodejava.so.gz

3. Install library

gunzip libodejava.so.gz
mv libodejava.so odejava/lib/linux

2. Run console test

java -cp .:./lib/vecmath.jar -Djava.library.path="./lib/linux" net.java.dev.odejava.test.OdeHelloWorld

Other tests are trivial to run, I am sure that they work. However, I could not test those under linux platform because I compiled this library on a remote server.

If this library get's good feedback, I'll add it to odejava packages.

Hope this helps..

PS. My friend is just compiling odejava for mac.

Offline Jani Laakso

Do it with Java!

« Reply #55 - Posted 2003-12-06 11:37:37 »

Sorry, I had to change the url because IE / Mozilla unpacked it implicitly, this may cause confusion so I now the file is named libodejava.tgz

Library can now be found from:
http://cray.tuug.org/~jani/odejava

Speak Java!

« Reply #56 - Posted 2003-12-07 13:02:05 »

Jani,

Looks like your project - odejava - is already accessible via on java.net!

Just check https://odejava.dev.java.net/ and you will see it works! It also added to games-middleware, i.e. the same level as Xith3D!

So, if you can confirm this, maybe we can setup standard infrastructure for it (I mean CVS, IssueZilla, etc.)?

Yuri

Yuri Vl. Gushchin
JProof Group
Offline Jani Laakso

Do it with Java!

« Reply #57 - Posted 2003-12-07 13:24:08 »

Yes, good news, odejava is now official on http://odejava.dev.java.net

I uploaded basic package + linux and mac os libraries to dev.java.net today. Also created two forums (users and development), perhaps this discussion should be moved to odejava.dev.java.net?

CVS is definately first priority. I have time to set this up next tuesday or wednesday. We need to set up better hierarchy for the files (than on my current package).

Please join to this project if you have any ideas to share about anything (odejava related). Project just started, so all comments are welcome.

Also, anyone who is developing Physics Engine in pure Java is more than welcome to the developer area.

PS. I assume YVG means you Yuri, as I gave observer and developer access to this account.

Speak Java!

« Reply #58 - Posted 2003-12-07 13:33:35 »

PS. I assume YVG means you Yuri, as I gave observer and developer access to this account.

Yes, thanks. ODE to Java bindings is exactly thing I need for my project(s), so I will do my best for it.

Also created two forums (users and development), perhaps this discussion should be moved to odejava.dev.java.net?

Most of games-related projects use forums at java-gaming.org. Here forums are well integrated and very easy to use. My suggestion is to post a request for ODEJAVA forum to "Suggestions" board here, so we have everything in one place.

Yuri

Yuri Vl. Gushchin
JProof Group
Offline Jani Laakso

Do it with Java!

« Reply #59 - Posted 2003-12-07 13:35:26 »

just was wandering if this engine is capable of handling Navier-Stokes equations, I am starting to work on more realistic looking(behaving) water and will need to use that.

Update: after running through docs I found that non-rigid body mechanincs is not supported - maybe in next version- it states

So that leaves me with rolling up sleeves and diving into math world  Smiley

Sorry, almost forgot to answer to this message. Better later than never I think..

All ODE related questions are best to direct into ODE's own mailing lists. There is a good amount of activity and excellent knowledge of ODE's guts. However if there's some functionality that is missing from odejava then post a message to odejava.dev.java.net forums.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  ignore  |  Print  

You cannot reply to this message, because it is very, very old.

Add your game by posting it in the WIP section,
or publish it in Showcase.

The first screenshot will be displayed as a thumbnail.

ctomni231 (34 views)
2014-07-18 06:55:21

Zero Volt (30 views)
2014-07-17 23:47:54

danieldean (25 views)
2014-07-17 23:41:23

MustardPeter (27 views)
2014-07-16 23:30:00

Cero (42 views)
2014-07-16 00:42:17

Riven (44 views)
2014-07-14 18:02:53

OpenGLShaders (32 views)
2014-07-14 16:23:47

Riven (33 views)
2014-07-14 11:51:35

quew8 (30 views)
2014-07-13 13:57:52

SHC (66 views)
2014-07-12 17:50:04
HotSpot Options
by dleskov
2014-07-08 03:59:08

Java and Game Development Tutorials
by SwordsMiner
2014-06-14 00:58:24

Java and Game Development Tutorials
by SwordsMiner
2014-06-14 00:47:22

How do I start Java Game Development?
by ra4king
2014-05-17 11:13:37

HotSpot Options
by Roquen
2014-05-15 09:59:54

HotSpot Options
by Roquen
2014-05-06 15:03:10

Escape Analysis
by Roquen
2014-04-29 22:16:43

Experimental Toys
by Roquen
2014-04-28 13:24:22
java-gaming.org is not responsible for the content posted by its members, including references to external websites, and other references that may or may not have a relation with our primarily gaming and game production oriented community. inquiries and complaints can be sent via email to the info‑account of the company managing the website of java‑gaming.org