Games in Android Showcase (132)
games submitted by our members
Games in WIP (600)
games currently in development
News: Read the Java Gaming Resources, or peek at the official Java tutorials

Home     Help   Search   Login   Register   
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  ignore  |  Print  
  TheAgentD´s sob thread  (Read 17554 times)
Offline theagentd

« JGO Bitwise Duke »

Medals: 365
Projects: 2
Exp: 8 years

« Posted 2012-04-25 12:07:34 »

ASUS just got back to me. My computer will be repaired sometime after the 7th. Requesting moral support and tips of anime that haven´t been released on Blu-Ray so I can watch it streamed without degrading something decent to eye cancer.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Myomyomyo.
Offline Roquen
« Reply #1 - Posted 2012-04-25 12:17:40 »

OK.  Stay calm.  I can't help you with anime but perhaps this will amuse you for a few minutes:

Here is a pretty cool short (CLICK ME!)

The short was successful enough that the team made a movie version.  You can see a trailer here: (CLICK ME!)
Offline Cero
« Reply #2 - Posted 2012-04-25 14:20:13 »

Watching Fate/Zero currently...

Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline theagentd

« JGO Bitwise Duke »

« Reply #3 - Posted 2012-04-25 17:06:23 »

I AM CALM. EVERYTHING´S RELATIVE.

OK.  Stay calm.  I can't help you with anime but perhaps this will amuse you for a few minutes:

Here is a pretty cool short (CLICK ME!)

The short was successful enough that the team made a movie version.  You can see a trailer here: (CLICK ME!)
Lol. The Korean guy in the room next to mine was like "OMG AWESOME". It also turned out to be Swedish, that short. xDDD Awesome, thanks!

Watching Fate/Zero currently...
I tried to play the original Fate/Stay-Night once, but that game messed way too much with my head, so I kind of stopped playing it. The thing is that I want to do things in the right order, meaning first the game, then the series, then the movie and then Zero, and since I can´t seem to get through the game without going insane... >_> Without spoiling anything, can you say how much connection it does have with Fate/Stay-Night?

Myomyomyo.
Offline DavidW

Junior Devvie

Medals: 3
Exp: 7 years

« Reply #4 - Posted 2012-04-26 01:06:32 »

I really like your signature.  I have written a lot of music in the shower.  Smiley Also mowing the lawn, although that one won't make you smell better.

Hello!
Offline Cero
« Reply #5 - Posted 2012-04-26 01:30:48 »

I tried to play the original Fate/Stay-Night once, but that game messed way too much with my head, so I kind of stopped playing it. The thing is that I want to do things in the right order, meaning first the game, then the series, then the movie and then Zero, and since I can´t seem to get through the game without going insane... >_> Without spoiling anything, can you say how much connection it does have with Fate/Stay-Night?

Zero is a prequel story-wise and takes place 10 years or so before Stay Night.
So you can safely watch/play one or the other; families reoccur, but these are independent stories.
Story and animation is superb and way way above Fate/Stay Night.
Tone is different: Zero is much more serious, even shocking sometimes, in comparison with Fate/Stay Night, which is often actually comedic. But Zero is quite dark sometimes.

The new Hellsing series is also very nice.

Ehhm as for slightly older stuff: I always recommend FMA Brotherhood
and another gem not many people know: Noein (2005)

Offline UprightPath
« Reply #6 - Posted 2012-04-26 01:45:01 »

Brotherhood is deliciousness wrapped up in win.

Gurren Lagann's another good one, even if it's full of silliness and fan service.

Serial Experiment Lain seems like one that any person regularly involved with computers should watch.

Cheesy Try 'em all!

Offline Roquen
« Reply #7 - Posted 2012-04-26 04:34:23 »

You could also catch-up with http://xkcd.com/
Offline theagentd

« JGO Bitwise Duke »

« Reply #8 - Posted 2012-04-26 09:01:00 »

I really like your signature.  I have written a lot of music in the shower.  Smiley Also mowing the lawn, although that one won't make you smell better.
True story, bro.

Zero is a prequel story-wise and takes place 10 years or so before Stay Night.
So you can safely watch/play one or the other; families reoccur, but these are independent stories.
Story and animation is superb and way way above Fate/Stay Night.
Tone is different: Zero is much more serious, even shocking sometimes, in comparison with Fate/Stay Night, which is often actually comedic. But Zero is quite dark sometimes.

The new Hellsing series is also very nice.

Ehhm as for slightly older stuff: I always recommend FMA Brotherhood
and another gem not many people know: Noein (2005)

Sounds somewhat like Higurashi, which is a synonym to AWESOME in my dictionary. Might try it out...

I really dislike really long series... I just get really really bored of them, especially shounen ones like Dragon Ball and One Piece. I may be drawing conclusions without facts here, but isn´t FMA really long? >_>

Noein sounds a liiiittle bit cheesy but I think I´ll give it a chance. =>

Brotherhood is deliciousness wrapped up in win.

Gurren Lagann's another good one, even if it's full of silliness and fan service.

Serial Experiment Lain seems like one that any person regularly involved with computers should watch.

Cheesy Try 'em all!

I guess I´ll have to look up FMA Brotherhood then... xD I´ve watched Serial Experiments Lain, interesting incomprehensiblenessiness! <-- I like that word. I also gave Gurren Lagann a chance (how the hell is that spelled? -_-), but I never finished it. Might as well pick it up again seeing as I´ll be having a LOT of free time during the coming holidays. >_>

You could also catch-up with http://xkcd.com/
I already follow it... =S

I actually had a pretty nice day today! The test went epically well, the bread store girl was cute as always and the manga I´m reading is awesome! If this keeps up I might even survive through these coming 2 weeks. >_>

Myomyomyo.
Offline Cero
« Reply #9 - Posted 2012-04-26 16:17:09 »

I really dislike really long series... I just get really really bored of them, especially shounen ones like Dragon Ball and One Piece. I may be drawing conclusions without facts here, but isn´t FMA really long? >_>

Well it's 64 episodes. The other ones are standard 26 episode animes.
Not long, as in 300+ episode shounen animes =D

Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline ReBirth
« Reply #10 - Posted 2012-04-27 13:58:52 »

I vote for Zero. If you want comedy try Korezom.

Offline theagentd

« JGO Bitwise Duke »

« Reply #11 - Posted 2012-04-27 14:14:26 »

I vote for Zero. If you want comedy try Korezom.
HERESY! I don´t want to watch those two on a phone... >_> Good animes should be watched in 1080p OR with motion interpolation. My laptop doesn´t (didn´t T_T) like those two at the same time though...

Myomyomyo.
Offline ReBirth
« Reply #12 - Posted 2012-04-27 14:17:58 »

Damn it, what up with that OR and interpolation. I always watch anime in 704 width resolution. What I watch in HD are something with visual effects.

Offline theagentd

« JGO Bitwise Duke »

« Reply #13 - Posted 2012-04-27 14:21:00 »

Of course graphics isn´t everything (lol who am I kidding), but I´d rather watch a good anime with good image quality than a good anime with bad image.

Couldn´t find a stream for FMA, so I can´t watch that one either... >_<

Myomyomyo.
Offline ReBirth
« Reply #14 - Posted 2012-04-27 14:26:55 »

Well as long no artifact I'm okay. Oh Viper's Creed also good too.

Offline Cero
« Reply #15 - Posted 2012-04-27 16:39:52 »

yeah I never stream anime either, always download 720p versions, if available;
or buy, but as long as I'm not in Japan, it's too much of a hassle...

Offline theagentd

« JGO Bitwise Duke »

« Reply #16 - Posted 2012-05-05 19:27:06 »

There is no god.

Today my external backup harddrive died after being plugged in maybe 20-30 times in 10 months. Everything I´ve coded in those past 10 months is most likely gone. (Cas: no, that was also backed up on Dropbox, but considering my luck expect Dropbox to go out of business within 24 hours.)

+ my $40 iPhone HDMI adapter died.
+ no computer back yet (which will be formated).

I just took a 4 hour walk in the middle of the night.

Myomyomyo.
Offline ra4king

JGO Kernel

Medals: 356
Projects: 3
Exp: 5 years

I'm the King!

« Reply #17 - Posted 2012-05-05 19:34:04 »

There is no god.

Today my external backup harddrive died after being plugged in maybe 20-30 times in 10 months. Everything I´ve coded in those past 10 months is most likely gone. (Cas: no, that was also backed up on Dropbox, but considering my luck expect Dropbox to go out of business within 24 hours.)

+ my $40 iPhone HDMI adapter died.
+ no computer back yet (which will be formated).

I just took a 4 hour walk in the middle of the night.
Dude....holy crap......that SUCKS Sad

But really, all code/documents/important stuff should have been backed up >.>

I remember when my first hard drive failed...I praised all holy things that existed for Dropbox Smiley

Offline Roquen
« Reply #18 - Posted 2012-05-05 19:36:32 »

That's one of those things that EVERYBODY knows, but is will hardly ever do...until they been bitten once.  Been there.  I'm now a multiple offsite backup zealot.
Offline ra4king

JGO Kernel

I'm the King!

« Reply #19 - Posted 2012-05-05 19:37:05 »

That's one of those things that EVERYBODY knows, but is will hardly ever do...until they been bitten once.  Been there.  I'm now a multiple offsite backup zealot.
Yeah I have multiple backups too. After that first time, I now try to back up as much of my stuff as possible as many times as possible Tongue

Offline nsigma
« Reply #20 - Posted 2012-05-05 19:49:29 »

I'm now a multiple offsite backup zealot.

Yep, me too!

Years ago a friend of mine asked me, "why do you backup so much, you use computers all the time?".  To which I replied "er, I use computers all the time ... Grin

Praxis LIVE - open-source intermedia toolkit and live interactive visual editor
Digital Prisoners - interactive spaces and projections
Offline theagentd

« JGO Bitwise Duke »

« Reply #21 - Posted 2012-05-05 19:54:35 »

That hard drive has barely been used at all, and it´s been stored wrapped in a blanket to avoid any kind of shock (earthquake), it´s never been dropped, I never move it around, always do the safe removal thing and it just dies. Meanwhile my friend has kept on abusing his old backup drive constantly for 2 years, kept it connected 24/7, thrown it around, e.t.c and it´s still working.

If only my laptop hadn´t taken a f**king year to repair. 9 days to ORDER a new motherboard? And then because they were so slow the only holiday they have in Japan came (golden week).

The hard drive is currently running chkdsk over night at my friends house, but the file system is reported as RAW in Windows file explorer and chkdsk is horrifyingly slow and reporting unreadable file record sections. I don´t know much about hard drives or chkdsk, but those aren´t good signs in my experience, and I´ve had a number of hard drives die on me.

Myomyomyo.
Offline kappa
« League of Dukes »

JGO Kernel

Medals: 80
Projects: 15

★★★★★

« Reply #22 - Posted 2012-05-05 19:58:19 »

There is always the option to send the hard drive to a data recovery service which might be able to get your data back for you. Will cost you a bit though but really depends on how much your data is worth to you.
Online Riven
« League of Dukes »

« JGO Overlord »

Medals: 840
Projects: 4
Exp: 16 years

Hand over your head.

« Reply #23 - Posted 2012-05-05 20:04:12 »

The hard drive is currently running chkdsk over night at my friends house, but the file system is reported as RAW in Windows file explorer and chkdsk is horrifyingly slow and reporting unreadable file record sections. I don´t know much about hard drives or chkdsk, but those aren´t good signs in my experience, and I´ve had a number of hard drives die on me.
If you want to have any chance of having a data recovery by a specialized company, STOP RIGHT NOW! Disconnect it. Period.

Hi, appreciate more people! Σ ♥ = ¾
Learn how to award medals... and work your way up the social
Offline theagentd

« JGO Bitwise Duke »

« Reply #24 - Posted 2012-05-05 20:13:48 »

There is always the option to send the hard drive to a data recovery service which might be able to get your data back for you. Will cost you a bit though but really depends on how much your data is worth to you.
How much is "a bit"?

If you want to have any chance of having a data recovery by a specialized company, STOP RIGHT NOW! Disconnect it. Period.
... It´s 5 o clock... What are the chances of chkdsk fixing anything and the chances of it ruining everything?

Myomyomyo.
Offline ra4king

JGO Kernel

I'm the King!

« Reply #25 - Posted 2012-05-05 20:19:26 »

How much is "a bit"?
Depends on the company. I did a bit of searching and it goes from a couple hundred to a couple thousands dollars :S

Offline theagentd

« JGO Bitwise Duke »

« Reply #26 - Posted 2012-05-05 20:22:09 »

How much is "a bit"?
Depends on the company. I did a bit of searching and it goes from a couple hundred to a couple thousands dollars :S
Thanks for checking that up... I don´t really have a thousand dollars lying around though...

Myomyomyo.
Online Riven
« League of Dukes »

« JGO Overlord »

Medals: 840
Projects: 4
Exp: 16 years

Hand over your head.

« Reply #27 - Posted 2012-05-05 21:25:58 »

... It´s 5 o clock... What are the chances of chkdsk fixing anything and the chances of it ruining everything?
I've never seen chkdsk fix / recover a drive. It might recover data from a handful of bad sectors, but your drive seems beyond repair. Any I/O you do on it, is likely to do more damage.

Hi, appreciate more people! Σ ♥ = ¾
Learn how to award medals... and work your way up the social
Offline pitbuller
« Reply #28 - Posted 2012-05-05 21:54:56 »

So now on just use google code or github as back up for everything. Everybody wins.
Offline Cero
« Reply #29 - Posted 2012-05-05 22:21:00 »

このたびはご愁傷さまでございます

This almost happened once for me. I was most afraid to lose all my documents actually.

With you as an immigrant in Japan, that should be difficult too, depending on what you have in paper form.

When this "almost happened" to me, I deleted the whole partition table somehow, but I found a tool that could restore it.

On the way, in the same package there was a tool that looks at a HDD and restores every file by looking at the length and stuff. The catch is it doesnt know its name or type.
So it names everything like file0001.dat

HDD recovery costs much 1000+

overall this is now about philosophy. "In the face of disaster there is opportunity for renewal"
Take it as a chance grow stronger instead of weaker

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  ignore  |  Print  

You cannot reply to this message, because it is very, very old.

Add your game by posting it in the WIP section,
or publish it in Showcase.

The first screenshot will be displayed as a thumbnail.

rwatson462 (29 views)
2014-12-15 09:26:44

Mr.CodeIt (20 views)
2014-12-14 19:50:38

BurntPizza (40 views)
2014-12-09 22:41:13

BurntPizza (75 views)
2014-12-08 04:46:31

JscottyBieshaar (37 views)
2014-12-05 12:39:02

SHC (50 views)
2014-12-03 16:27:13

CopyableCougar4 (47 views)
2014-11-29 21:32:03

toopeicgaming1999 (113 views)
2014-11-26 15:22:04

toopeicgaming1999 (100 views)
2014-11-26 15:20:36

toopeicgaming1999 (30 views)
2014-11-26 15:20:08
Resources for WIP games
by kpars
2014-12-18 10:26:14

Understanding relations between setOrigin, setScale and setPosition in libGdx
by mbabuskov
2014-10-09 22:35:00

Definite guide to supporting multiple device resolutions on Android (2014)
by mbabuskov
2014-10-02 22:36:02

List of Learning Resources
by Longor1996
2014-08-16 10:40:00

by SilverTiger
2014-08-05 19:33:27

Resources for WIP games
by CogWheelz
2014-08-01 16:20:17

Resources for WIP games
by CogWheelz
2014-08-01 16:19:50

by SilverTiger
2014-07-31 16:29:50
java-gaming.org is not responsible for the content posted by its members, including references to external websites, and other references that may or may not have a relation with our primarily gaming and game production oriented community. inquiries and complaints can be sent via email to the info‑account of the company managing the website of java‑gaming.org