Pages: 1 [2]
  ignore  |  Print  
  Arithbequick  (Read 9894 times)
Offline oByhring

Senior Newbie

Medals: 1

« Reply #30 - Posted 2012-04-21 06:38:02 »

Good game!

On my final try I got 91 points on hard before I succumbed to the temptation of dividing by zero Sad

It didin't crash when you did that did it? It doesn't on mine, but I never thought that it maybe different on other systems.

Nope, didn't crash, I just got an X Wink
Offline Dream Of Sleeping
« Reply #31 - Posted 2012-05-04 11:34:57 »

Just in case any of you think I am the world's slowest programmer, I've not been feeling very well recently so I can only do bits every now and then. So this might be quite a long term project at the rate I'm going.

However there is a new version available. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/74401653/Arithbequick%20v3.jar

Now there is a no solution button. You click this button when you are convinced that there is no solution available. You will get 25 points and 1 point per tile still left on the board, which is a great way to increase your score without increasing the speed of the game. You really don't want to push that button if there is still a solution though.

Offline ReBirth
« Reply #32 - Posted 2012-05-04 12:02:14 »

Your game doesn't guarantee solution right? because I always stuck and can't get more than 10 points on easy level.

Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline jonjava
« Reply #33 - Posted 2012-05-04 13:28:17 »

Your game doesn't guarantee solution right? because I always stuck and can't get more than 10 points on easy level.

That's a minimum of 5 numbers in correct sequence.

Wait a second. Were you not aware that you can move the numbers to any position you want with the arrow keys? If everyone has been missing that then maybe I don't need to alter the difficulty level at all.

Offline ReBirth
« Reply #34 - Posted 2012-05-04 13:32:42 »

That's a minimum of 5 numbers in correct sequence.

Wait a second. Were you not aware that you can move the numbers to any position you want with the arrow keys? If everyone has been missing that then maybe I don't need to alter the difficulty level at all.
Damn it  Cool

« Reply #35 - Posted 2012-05-04 15:12:42 »

It seems that without being told people just assume the grid can not be moved. So I'm going to make it so if the user hasn't moved for 30 seconds, a little speech bubble will pop up telling them they can move the grid.

I am going to add a how to play section, where the gameplay will be automated, if that's the right word. And the user will be able to see how to play.

« Reply #36 - Posted 2012-05-15 11:18:59 »

Latest version http://dl.dropbox.com/u/74401653/Arithbequick%20v4.jar

This should now save your highscore in your home directory. But I've only tested it on my computer.

Now if the player does not move within 30 seconds there is a  little pop up telling them that they can move the tiles. So no one will ever tell me the game is impossible again.

There is now a Tutorial, which I hope is clear.

I've now added a Timed Game mode.

« Reply #37 - Posted 2012-06-07 15:58:17 »

I've not done much to the game, as I've been busy learning html, css and javascript. But I've made it into an applet. I doesn't save your highscores yet though.
Also I noticed that sometimes it loses focus and the only way to get it back is to close the browser and reopen it. Anyone know what I can do about that?

Here is the link to play the applet. http://www.dreamofsleeping.co.uk/games/arithbequick/

Pages: 1 [2]
  ignore  |  Print