I see plenty of cool stuff in here. I find it hard to believe you're only 14!
Please, never ever ever stop making games and stay here to let us know what you do year after year!
- Yes, you can't move, but I see a solid program that works.
- It seems to be very fun!
- Bullets? That's no rookie stuff (yes, it may be simple bullets, but still !)
- Cool thing about the hearts disappearing and moving while doing so
- Has anyone seen the inventory? I liked the paning effect. A lot!
- Solid GUI (yes, everything can be improved, but still looks nice, it's smooth, works fine...)
Not so cool:
- The windows size for me was odd, the frame was way bigger than the playable area (noticed by the GUI limits being in the middle of the frame)
- KeyListener troubles (but you'll fix this in no time with ra4king's help
- One thing is making a game hard, but another thing is massacratin the players from the very beginning, at least add a way to restart instead of exiting and running again the jar.
- May be another things
Anyway, all cons are fixable, so keep it up, you're on the right track!
BTW, how long have you been programming? How long took you to make what you have so far?