Games in Android Showcase (119)
games submitted by our members
Games in WIP (577)
games currently in development
News: Read the Java Gaming Resources, or peek at the official Java tutorials

Home     Help   Search   Login   Register   
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
  ignore  |  Print  
  Daedalus - no escape  (Read 63899 times)
Offline Otreum

Junior Duke

Medals: 6

« Reply #180 - Posted 2013-04-17 08:48:21 »

This is bloody amazing Cheesy

I'm still only a newbie (to programming in general), and it's really exciting to see the power of things like libgdx and lwjgl.

Do you plan to release this on mobile devices and make yourself some dollars? I think that this would sell really well.
Offline lastdigitofpi

JGO Coder

Medals: 14
Projects: 3
Exp: 9 years

Moebiusgames

« Reply #181 - Posted 2013-04-17 08:57:31 »

Wow - just tested it and it really looks amazing - the effects are remarkable!

I also totally think you should port this to make some money with it: but I think because of the controls it wouldn't be good for smartphones. Maybe you want to port it to Ouya. That shouldn't be too complicated as it is also java and it surely would be a lot of fun on the big screen! Wink

Follow the development on twitter:@moebiusdev or @xcylin

screenshots
Offline deathpat
« Reply #182 - Posted 2013-04-17 13:06:47 »

Thanks guys, I'm glad you liked it Smiley

Right now, I'm aiming only desktop via steam ( if I'm lucky enough to get greenlit ... and that's a big IF Smiley ). As I'm not using libgdx at all for the game ( only for the editor's UI ), having it ported to android may not be so simple. But for sure porting it to Ouya is very tempting Smiley I'm just a bit afraid by the performance of the tegra3 .. I have no idea how it compares to desktop GPUs, and I'm not sure it would be enough to run my game ( without reducing visual quality ... )

work in progress : D A E D A L U S
Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline 65K
« Reply #183 - Posted 2013-04-17 13:18:37 »

I'm just a bit afraid by the performance of the tegra3 .. I have no idea how it compares to desktop GPUs, and I'm not sure it would be enough to run my game ( without reducing visual quality ... )
I had the same fear, however, after setting my game up on a Nexus 7 (Tegra3 as well), I got these results.

Offline deathpat
« Reply #184 - Posted 2013-04-18 13:22:14 »

I had the same fear, however, after setting my game up on a Nexus 7 (Tegra3 as well), I got these results.

Thanks for the figures Wink It seems that for the view, the FPS are capped to 60 ?

Offline sproingie

JGO Kernel

Medals: 202

« Reply #185 - Posted 2013-04-18 14:54:40 »

The Tegra3 is a pretty serviceable GPU, it's just the CPU part that doesn't knock my socks off.  Ouya should do better there too since it runs all cores flat out with no power management governing it.

Offline 65K
« Reply #186 - Posted 2013-04-18 16:57:42 »

It seems that for the view, the FPS are capped to 60 ?
I guess so, but not from my side.

Offline newera31
« Reply #187 - Posted 2013-04-19 00:56:08 »

The game looks awesome!

I'm getting this error:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot compile shader /shaders/basique.frag : 
Fragment shader failed to compile with the following errors:
ERROR: 0:7: '' : Declaration must include a precision qualifier or the default precision must have been previously declared.
WARNING: 0:7: implicit cast from ivec2 to vec2
WARNING: 0:8: implicit cast from int to float
ERROR:  compilation errors.  No code generated.

at com.deathpat.shoot.util.ShaderUtils.createShader(ShaderUtils.java:36)
   at com.deathpat.shoot.util.ShaderUtils.createProgram(ShaderUtils.java:67)
   at com.deathpat.shoot.model.renderer.Shader.create(Shader.java:50)
   at com.deathpat.shoot.display.gui.PanelDisplay.init(PanelDisplay.java:197)
   at com.deathpat.shoot.display.gui.PanelDisplay.<init>(PanelDisplay.java:139)
   at com.deathpat.shoot.display.gui.sets.MainPanelSet.<init>(MainPanelSet.java:23)
   at com.deathpat.shoot.model.scene.scenes.MainMenu.onInit(MainMenu.java:69)
   at com.deathpat.shoot.engine.scene.Scene.init(Scene.java:182)
   at com.deathpat.shoot.engine.scene.Scene.update(Scene.java:114)
   at com.deathpat.shoot.engine.scene.SceneManager.update(SceneManager.java:97)
   at com.deathpat.shoot.engine.Engine.oneLoop(Engine.java:348)
   at com.deathpat.shoot.engine.Engine.start(Engine.java:325)
   at com.deathpat.shoot.Daedalus.<init>(Daedalus.java:58)
   at com.deathpat.shoot.Daedalus.main(Daedalus.java:42)

I'm on Windows 7, Radeon X1950 Pro
Offline BurntPizza
« Reply #188 - Posted 2013-04-19 01:14:21 »

The game looks awesome!

I'm getting this error:

I'm on Windows 7, Radeon X1950 Pro
I was also having problems regarding Basique on a laptop with crappy Gl support (game crashed before main menu showed up), but I found that if you take out the #version on the fist line of the shader file, the game works fine.

Hope somebody finds this useful.
Offline newera31
« Reply #189 - Posted 2013-04-19 01:20:39 »

I gave that a try, now I get this error:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot compile shader /shaders/basique.frag : 
Fragment shader failed to compile with the following errors:
WARNING: 0:7: implicit cast from ivec2 to vec2
WARNING: 0:8: implicit cast from int to float
ERROR: 0:7: Compiler error: This built-in function is not supported on the hw.

at com.deathpat.shoot.util.ShaderUtils.createShader(ShaderUtils.java:36)
   at com.deathpat.shoot.util.ShaderUtils.createProgram(ShaderUtils.java:67)
   at com.deathpat.shoot.model.renderer.Shader.create(Shader.java:50)
   at com.deathpat.shoot.display.gui.PanelDisplay.init(PanelDisplay.java:197)
   at com.deathpat.shoot.display.gui.PanelDisplay.<init>(PanelDisplay.java:139)
   at com.deathpat.shoot.display.gui.sets.MainPanelSet.<init>(MainPanelSet.java:23)
   at com.deathpat.shoot.model.scene.scenes.MainMenu.onInit(MainMenu.java:69)
   at com.deathpat.shoot.engine.scene.Scene.init(Scene.java:182)
   at com.deathpat.shoot.engine.scene.Scene.update(Scene.java:114)

I didn't think my graphics card was *that* old, I guess it may be time for an upgrade  Cry

Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline ReBirth
« Reply #190 - Posted 2013-04-19 01:55:47 »

It's my first time to see this

Offline deathpat
« Reply #191 - Posted 2013-04-19 08:09:21 »

hmm I'm not really surprised by this error Smiley In fact I did something quite hacky in this shader as a quick workaround: testing the texture size using textureSize(...) to determine if a texture is binded .... But textureSize() is only available in GLSL 1.3 which is apparently not supported by your card. So I'm going to fix this in a proper way instead of relying on this dirty hack: I just have to always bind a texture even to draw solid colors ( I'll just bind a white texture in this case ... )

It will be fixed in the next update I'll post .. so you can keep your graphic card Wink

Thanks for testing !

EDIT: just realized that I already fixed this some time ago by just removing the fragment shader which basically does nothing .... Smiley I really should post a new version, the one here is quite old ...

Offline newera31
« Reply #192 - Posted 2013-04-19 12:31:05 »

Please do!  This game looks amazing!  This is the type of game I've been wanting to make.  I don't know if this has been asked, any plans to open the source up?

Kudos.
Offline Vermeer

JGO Coder

Medals: 16

« Reply #193 - Posted 2013-04-19 19:24:44 »

Just had a game. Fantastic. Didnt realise it would be like 2D quake 3! amazing Smiley
Offline newera31
« Reply #194 - Posted 2013-04-21 03:27:32 »

I was able to play it by removing the contents of the main() in the shader.

Very well done.  Game play is smooth, graphics are fantastic.  The bots kicked my butt.
Offline deathpat
« Reply #195 - Posted 2013-04-23 14:43:11 »

I don't know if this has been asked, any plans to open the source up?

no I don't plan to open source it, or maybe only if I'm not able to sell it Smiley

I was able to play it by removing the contents of the main() in the shader.
Very well done.  Game play is smooth, graphics are fantastic.  The bots kicked my butt.

ah ah cool ! Kicking butts is the main hobby of the bots, they like it Smiley

Offline rohmu

Senior Newbie

« Reply #196 - Posted 2013-04-23 20:38:12 »

This is awesome!
Too bad you ruined my night sleep ..

Offline seifpic

Junior Newbie

« Reply #197 - Posted 2013-05-04 01:16:56 »

I love the light engine! Only suggestion is center the camera on the player, otherwise it's pretty hard to get the hang of the controls. Also I was met with an error having to do with the AI after the session was over:

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
   at com.deathpat.shoot.model.map.MapGraph.calculateCostToTravelBetweenNodes(MapGraph.java:191)
   at com.deathpat.shoot.model.creature.bot.PathPlanner.getCostToPosition(PathPlanner.java:194)
   at com.deathpat.shoot.model.creature.bot.brain.goals.GoalExplore.activate(GoalExplore.java:52)
   at com.deathpat.shoot.model.creature.bot.brain.Goal.activateIfInactive(Goal.java:94)
   at com.deathpat.shoot.model.creature.bot.brain.goals.GoalExplore.process(GoalExplore.java:75)
   at com.deathpat.shoot.model.creature.bot.brain.GoalComposite.processSubgoals(GoalComposite.java:49)
   at com.deathpat.shoot.model.creature.bot.brain.goals.GoalThink.process(GoalThink.java:112)
   at com.deathpat.shoot.model.creature.BotPlayer.updateBehavior(BotPlayer.java:307)
   at com.deathpat.shoot.model.creature.Player.updateState(Player.java:617)
   at com.deathpat.shoot.model.GameWorld.updateState(GameWorld.java:257)
   at com.deathpat.shoot.model.game.states.solo.SoloGamePlaying.updateState(SoloGamePlaying.java:44)
   at com.deathpat.shoot.engine.state.StateMachine.updateState(StateMachine.java:182)
   at com.deathpat.shoot.model.game.SoloScoreGame.updateState(SoloScoreGame.java:122)
   at com.deathpat.shoot.model.scene.scenes.InGame.updateState(InGame.java:129)
   at com.deathpat.shoot.model.scene.GameScene.onUpdate(GameScene.java:55)
   at com.deathpat.shoot.engine.scene.Scene.update(Scene.java:123)

Offline deathpat
« Reply #198 - Posted 2013-05-06 11:51:53 »

Thanks for testing, this error is fixed for quite some time so it will be ok in the next release I'll post. Thanks for reporting anyway Wink

A bit of an announcement:

I just opened a post on steam greenlight so if you happen to have an account on steam please vote for me ! Smiley

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=143234929

I will post a new release here real soon, certainly next week

cheers

Offline kappa
« League of Dukes »

JGO Kernel

Medals: 78
Projects: 15

★★★★★

« Reply #199 - Posted 2013-05-06 12:03:48 »

Cool, really nice work on getting to a point where you can showcase it on Steam Greenlight. Looks really nice.
Offline deathpat
« Reply #200 - Posted 2013-05-09 13:35:08 »

Cool, really nice work on getting to a point where you can showcase it on Steam Greenlight. Looks really nice.

Thanks, for sure I'm quite happy to have been persistant enough on this project to be able to at least try to be published on steam Smiley Being published on steam would be really amazing, but seeing the votes after two days on greenlight I think it will be really hard ...

Offline karlozalb

Innocent Bystander

« Reply #201 - Posted 2013-05-10 15:13:51 »

Great work and excellent game!.I voted your game on Greenlight Smiley

Keep the good work!

P.D. this is my first post on this forum Tongue
Offline kappa
« League of Dukes »

JGO Kernel

Medals: 78
Projects: 15

★★★★★

« Reply #202 - Posted 2013-05-10 15:34:34 »

Thanks, for sure I'm quite happy to have been persistant enough on this project to be able to at least try to be published on steam Smiley Being published on steam would be really amazing, but seeing the votes after two days on greenlight I think it will be really hard ...
Keep the updates coming, video's, cool effects, etc, this gives us something to tweet/post about the game and so keeps it in the public eye. Your last update was probably seen by a few thousand ppl on twitter.
Offline sproingie

JGO Kernel

Medals: 202

« Reply #203 - Posted 2013-05-10 16:13:24 »

Just saw Daedalus on Greenlight and of course voted for it  Kiss

I read some comments about people wanting a single-player campaign, thought they were quite silly, but then for some reason I got to thinking of Dungeon Siege and the execrable Space Siege.  Neither were really great games, but that's mostly because they ran too much on autopilot (ProgressQuest with graphics, basically).  The idea of having seamless and nearly endless levels might make a pretty neat mode for the game, giving some sense of progression through as you unlock the next section and find new enemies and of course cool weapons.

Just throwing it out there -- I'd buy it either way Smiley
Offline 65K
« Reply #204 - Posted 2013-05-10 16:21:53 »

A fixed camera, very well.
That needs to be rewarded. Wink

Offline heisenbergman

JGO Coder

Medals: 14

L___ o_ G___ a__ P___

« Reply #205 - Posted 2013-05-15 21:35:02 »

Haha, I saw this on Rock, Paper, Shotgun and thought it was this game Tongue

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/05/15/survival-from-the-top-survivor-squad-demo/

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/bNoP4IvHxvk?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;start=" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/bNoP4IvHxvk?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;start=</a>

Offline Ultroman

JGO Knight

Medals: 25
Projects: 1

Snappin' at snizzes since '83

« Reply #206 - Posted 2013-05-17 02:20:56 »

Voted on Steam Smiley
Everybody, get this man a greenlight

- Jonas
Offline deathpat
« Reply #207 - Posted 2013-05-17 10:06:48 »

Cool thanks all for your support/votes Wink

@kappa: Sure you're right. For the last six months I've been working on the editor and I didn't have much to show. Now that I'm back on the game I will publish more updates/videos/screenshots. I will need this to keep the greenlight page alive anyway Smiley By the way thanks a lot for tweeting about my game, that's really cool Wink

@sproingie: to tell the truth I'd really love to have a single player / campaign mode in Daedalus. But when I see what is left to do just for the multiplayer ... I think it will be too much work. I'm aiming the end of the year to have the game finished, if I have some time ( a lot actually Smiley ) before this date, I'll look into it ... or maybe I'll do this after the game release in the form of an addon ...

@heisenbergman: luckily this game doesn't have the same game mechanic as mine. It seems to be cool, and I'm not saying this only because of the blood and body parts Smiley

.. and I invite everybody to listen to Ultroman ! Cheesy

I always keep saying that I will post an update soon ... should be this week end Cheesy I was able to package the game for windows, linux and mac ( all with bundled JRE ) .. so you'll be the first ones to try it !

cheers

Offline princec

JGO Kernel

Medals: 404
Projects: 3
Exp: 16 years

Eh? Who? What? ... Me?

« Reply #208 - Posted 2013-05-17 18:33:31 »

hmm survivor squad... how not to do action sound in a game  Emo

Cas Smiley

Offline deathpat
« Reply #209 - Posted 2013-05-19 14:30:23 »

Hey,

so here is a new version of Daedalus ! Smiley

what's new ?

- the map editor: this is the main feature I've been working on during the last month. It's 90% finished. What is missing here is an inapp help, because there are quite a lot of keyboard shorcuts that need to be documented somewhere ... and a few things ( like deleting a brush or a map, missing icons ... )
- new control mode with a fixed camera
- map objects
- casted shadows
- particle systems that can be created in the map editor
- a bit of animation on map objects ( mostly blinking and rotating )
- armors
- enhancements on bots weapon selection
- optional green blood (in options -> player) if you can't stand red blood Smiley
- all sounds are now custom made ( no more using Quake 3 ones )
- new option panel for sound ( global, sfx, music volume ... )
- one new ingame music track
- replaced truetype fonts by bitmap fonts .. ( to be able to have effects like shadows, outline ... )
- windows, linux and macosx dedicated packages with bundled JRE

Download

JAR file

Windows package

Linux 32bit package

Linux 64bit package

Mac OSX package

I tested the mac package on a virtualbox but was not able to really run the game because opengl was not working .. so if you test with a mac please tell me if it works or not Wink

The editor

- how to run it ?
  - using the jar, run java -jar daedalus-0.2.1.jar -editor
  - windows and linux bundles have dedicated exe/sh
  - for mac, you have to go inside the package in Contents/MacOS, and run editor.sh with a terminal ... I can't find a better solution to run it ( because there are two executable in the same package, the main one being daedalus.sh ) so if someone has an idea, please tell me Smiley

- where are stored the maps ?
They are stored at the same level of the application in res/maps if you have the write permission in the folder, otherwise in your home folder under .shoot/res/maps

- how to use a map in the game ?
Once the map is saved, just run the game, your map will appear in the list of available maps. There are no checks in place yet in the map editor to know if the map is valid, so you might be rejected ( or have the game crashed ) when trying to load it Smiley
To have a valid map, ensure that you have at least one reachable respawn point, that the map is closed with walls, and that you don't have pickable elements in unreachable areas Smiley

- keyboard shortcuts ??
yes .. there are keyboeard/mouse shortcuts in the editor, here they are :
  - there is a creation and selection/modification mode, you can switch between these modes using the toolbar icons (cross and pointer) or the right mouse click
  - to scroll the map use space bar + left mouse click, to zoom the map use space bar + mouse wheel
  - in creation mode for floor and walls, left Ctrl + left mouse click to delete things, in selection mode ( all brushes ) left Ctrl + left mouse click to move things
  - depending in the current brush type, you can use the keyboard arrows as shorcuts to modify brush properties. Most of the time, left/right are used to rotate. Up/down is used for changing the intensity of a light.
  - with the light brush, use the mouse wheel to change the radius

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/HikAlM2-5C8?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;start=" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/HikAlM2-5C8?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;start=</a>

I think that's enough Smiley I will surely write some tutorials on this later .. Smiley

cheers

EDIT: don't spend too much time making maps as I can't guarantee that the maps done with this release will be compatible with future releases Wink

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
  ignore  |  Print  

Add your game by posting it in the WIP section,
or publish it in Showcase.

The first screenshot will be displayed as a thumbnail.

Longarmx (52 views)
2014-10-17 03:59:02

Norakomi (42 views)
2014-10-16 15:22:06

Norakomi (32 views)
2014-10-16 15:20:20

lcass (37 views)
2014-10-15 16:18:58

TehJavaDev (68 views)
2014-10-14 00:39:48

TehJavaDev (66 views)
2014-10-14 00:35:47

TehJavaDev (59 views)
2014-10-14 00:32:37

BurntPizza (73 views)
2014-10-11 23:24:42

BurntPizza (45 views)
2014-10-11 23:10:45

BurntPizza (85 views)
2014-10-11 22:30:10
Understanding relations between setOrigin, setScale and setPosition in libGdx
by mbabuskov
2014-10-09 22:35:00

Definite guide to supporting multiple device resolutions on Android (2014)
by mbabuskov
2014-10-02 22:36:02

List of Learning Resources
by Longor1996
2014-08-16 10:40:00

by SilverTiger
2014-08-05 19:33:27

Resources for WIP games
by CogWheelz
2014-08-01 16:20:17

Resources for WIP games
by CogWheelz
2014-08-01 16:19:50

by SilverTiger
2014-07-31 16:29:50

by SilverTiger
2014-07-31 16:26:06
java-gaming.org is not responsible for the content posted by its members, including references to external websites, and other references that may or may not have a relation with our primarily gaming and game production oriented community. inquiries and complaints can be sent via email to the info‑account of the company managing the website of java‑gaming.org