Don't know if people care or not but I am working on an effect editor that will allow people to make cool effects using the SystemX. I plan on using this editor for feature games I will make but if anyone else wants to use it cool.
Here are some features:
1) Use an image for the particle or use a an Array of images for the particle. Or if you want, just use basic primitive rendering and go all retro.
2) Add multiple emitters in one effect to achieve many different types of effects: fireballs, explosions, rain, snow, sparks anything.
3) Have control over basically every attribute a particle can have and see the results instantly under different testing modes.
4) Be able to test many different effects easily and quickly. If its a tail effect use the tail effect test to watch a projectile fly across the screen using your new effect. If its an explosion, click around in the explosion test mode and enjoy the light show. For continuous effects, try out the, you guessed it, continuous effect mode.
5) Change the background the effects are being tested on. Sometimes they look good in the editor with a black or white background but just don't fit when you actually use them in a game. You can also load an image as the background.
6) Some of the attributes you can use include: speed, acceleration, location, angle, age, agedecay, fade, fadedecay, size, maxsize, growthrate/shrinkrate, maxspeed, spread, rotation, emit number, blink, random, and more.
7) Set the max number of particles, emitters, and effects.
Set the global Wind and gravity.
9) Documentation and examples on how to use SystemX.
These are currently things that I will be using in my games. If there are things that you would use that aren't hear please tell me.
Eventually, I will port this over to OpenGL and slowly add more OpenGL features, primary shaders and the ability to set the shaders.