Games in Android Showcase (115)
games submitted by our members
Games in WIP (563)
games currently in development
News: Read the Java Gaming Resources, or peek at the official Java tutorials

Home     Help   Search   Login   Register   
Pages: [1]
  ignore  |  Print  
  I'll do art for your projects!  (Read 4896 times)
Offline SkyAphid
« Posted 2012-02-16 01:14:16 »

I can do stuff like that! ^

I'm not that great, but I'll help you out, if you want it ^^

If you want something done, let me know. I can't do ALL the art for your games, but I wanted to help out the community. So if you need something done that's simple, I can throw something together for you. Just sent me a concept, and I'll get'er done lol.

Best part is, I don't even demand CREDIT! Do whatever you want with what I give you! YAY!

Here's some other examples of what I can do! :

“Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do something else. The trick is the doing something else.” ~Leonardo da Vinci
Offline ReBirth
« Reply #1 - Posted 2012-02-16 02:56:10 »

Are you also welcome mascot request? Smiley

Evn though you don't demand credit, I'll still put it if you really make one.

Offline SkyAphid
« Reply #2 - Posted 2012-02-16 03:24:49 »

Are you also welcome mascot request? Smiley

Evn though you don't demand credit, I'll still put it if you really make one.

Sure. Give me a description or a conceptual picture. Smiley

“Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do something else. The trick is the doing something else.” ~Leonardo da Vinci
Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline ReBirth
« Reply #3 - Posted 2012-02-16 11:14:29 »

First try of drawing mascot
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/54138920/img/ani01.gif
And then I leave, went to draw some cute aliens for my next TD project
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/54138920/img/monster.png

Online kappa
« League of Dukes »

JGO Kernel

Medals: 77
Projects: 15

★★★★★

« Reply #4 - Posted 2012-02-16 12:04:16 »

Random bits of art aren't really that useful (unless for placeholder art) since its very hard to get a consistent look from such bits in the overall game.

If you want to do free game art, what might be a lot more useful (and popular) would be if you made a full game sprite/tile set and posted it. This is much more likely to be picked up by a programmer and converted into a game. It doesn't have to be a big tileset just something that can be converted into a game without the programmer needing to do much (or any) art himself.

Really good examples of the above include the lostgarden tilesets or the Oryx LOFI tileset. They've become really popular and used in many games.
Offline SkyAphid
« Reply #5 - Posted 2012-02-16 12:51:10 »

I hate spriting. I'm just doing this because it takes me like 30 minutes, and since I'm relatively busy, I can do afford to do that. When I offered to do this, I had concept art and title/loading screens in mind. I can do environments too if anyone wants. But yeah. No sprites.

Random bits of art are used in World of Warcraft, I'm pretty sure. Like 5 of the loading screens are by like 5 different people. lol.

Offline Damocles
« Reply #6 - Posted 2012-02-16 13:11:06 »

Im shure they did not just copy-paste together 5 random Artworks in the WoW screens...

The reason for a spritesheet is, that it transports a consitant look
Over a (complete) list of elements.

Having just some Art from here and there would look more like a Monty Python comic.

Offline ReBirth
« Reply #7 - Posted 2012-02-16 13:14:44 »

Sprites are more difficult I think, since you need to merge it into game's world. Not to mention lighting or other effects.

That's why I only need mascot for my upcoming site Smiley

Offline pitbuller
« Reply #8 - Posted 2012-02-16 14:55:39 »

https://market.android.com/details?id=boxtrix.android

If you want provide background art for my game I would be really thankfully.
Some abstract, beatifull and colorfull will do. 512x1024 size would be great.
Offline SkyAphid
« Reply #9 - Posted 2012-02-16 23:46:08 »

Im shure they did not just copy-paste together 5 random Artworks in the WoW screens...

The reason for a spritesheet is, that it transports a consitant look
Over a (complete) list of elements.

Having just some Art from here and there would look more like a Monty Python comic.

http://genzoman.deviantart.com/

If you don't want art, then it's fine. Good luck finding a consistent artist. lol.

Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline SkyAphid
« Reply #10 - Posted 2012-02-17 00:03:50 »

First try of drawing mascot
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/54138920/img/ani01.gif
And then I leave, went to draw some cute aliens for my next TD project
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/54138920/img/monster.png

How's this, like it? I'll color it, if you do. Otherwise tell me what's wrong and I'll redraw or just tweak this one.

Offline ReBirth
« Reply #11 - Posted 2012-02-17 13:01:04 »

Very cool! just a little correction of my small pic. Actually this creature is screaming in pain, so it needs big mouth alongwhile its big eye. It's not your fault, just my bad pixel art Smiley

Offline ReBirth
« Reply #12 - Posted 2012-02-17 13:03:56 »

Very cool! just a little correction of my small pic. Actually this creature is screaming in pain, so it needs big mouth alongwhile its big eye. It's not your fault, just my bad pixel art so you mislooked it Smiley

Offline SkyAphid
« Reply #13 - Posted 2012-02-17 13:06:49 »

Very cool! just a little correction of my small pic. Actually this creature is screaming in pain, so it needs big mouth alongwhile its big eye. It's not your fault, just my bad pixel art Smiley
What would his mouth look like? I'll throw something together after school. So you have like 7 hours to throw a sprite together for me. lol.

Offline ReBirth
« Reply #14 - Posted 2012-02-17 13:16:04 »

To put it simple, on your draw, make the mouth bigger so it has screaming expression lol.

Offline SkyAphid
« Reply #15 - Posted 2012-02-17 23:13:44 »

To put it simple, on your draw, make the mouth bigger so it has screaming expression lol.

Do you like?

I added the teeth, it looks weird without something there.

Offline ReBirth
« Reply #16 - Posted 2012-02-18 02:31:13 »

Nice Smiley can you have a "square mouth", so it will look more open widely. I have feel it smiles now, not scream in shock.

Offline UprightPath
« Reply #17 - Posted 2012-02-18 02:41:11 »

It looks like he was just caught peeping on someone, is trying a disarming smile, even knowing he's in trouble!

Person: "Hey, were you staring?"
Monster Thing: "Who, me? No, of course not... Ha.. Hahah."

Offline SkyAphid
« Reply #18 - Posted 2012-02-18 16:34:41 »

Nice Smiley can you have a "square mouth", so it will look more open widely. I have feel it smiles now, not scream in shock.
This is just game art, so I don't know if changing that is necessary. I mean I can if you really want me too, just I don't think it'd make more of a difference, and the wider the mouth gets, the more proportional weird it's gonna get. lol.

Offline Riven
« League of Dukes »

JGO Overlord

Medals: 799
Projects: 4
Exp: 16 years

Hand over your head.

« Reply #19 - Posted 2012-02-18 16:39:57 »

Nobody said the work of an artist was easy Wink

I'm sure there are many ways to turn that grin into a shocked face.
How? That's up to you, I wouldn't know, I'm just a code monkey Cool

It's probably that the lack of a pupil causes the lack of emotion, it seems rather dead. Further, the 'triangle' shape of the mouth is causing the awkward grin. If you flip the triangle, it will look much more aggressive. After flipping you can probably widen the narrow corner a bit, to make it more shocked.

Hi, appreciate more people! Σ ♥ = ¾
Learn how to award medals... and work your way up the social rankings
Offline Riven
« League of Dukes »

JGO Overlord

Medals: 799
Projects: 4
Exp: 16 years

Hand over your head.

« Reply #20 - Posted 2012-02-18 16:57:18 »

My MS Paint skills came in handy! Pointing

Now this, but completely different.

Hi, appreciate more people! Σ ♥ = ¾
Learn how to award medals... and work your way up the social rankings
Offline SkyAphid
« Reply #21 - Posted 2012-02-18 17:40:26 »

Nobody said the work of an artist was easy Wink

I'm sure there are many ways to turn that grin into a shocked face.
How? That's up to you, I wouldn't know, I'm just a code monkey Cool

It's probably that the lack of a pupil causes the lack of emotion, it seems rather dead. Further, the 'triangle' shape of the mouth is causing the awkward grin. If you flip the triangle, it will look much more aggressive. After flipping you can probably widen the narrow corner a bit, to make it more shocked.

There is a pupil, you're just looking at it wrong. It's not colored yet, so I understand. Also, there isn't a pupil on the sprite, it's just a glare. So I didn't specifically make a pupil due to that.

Offline SkyAphid
« Reply #22 - Posted 2012-02-18 17:54:16 »

Shocked expression, with a slight scared overtone. I can do shocked in the expression of excited if you want.

Edit.

I did it anyway.

Offline roland
« Reply #23 - Posted 2012-02-18 18:48:44 »

Shocked expression, with a slight scared overtone. <- he kind of looks like he's heard some really bad news and is about to cry. It's something about the curve at the back of the mouth lol  Smiley

I can do shocked in the expression of excited if you want. <---- I really like this one!
Offline ReBirth
« Reply #24 - Posted 2012-02-19 03:15:11 »

Nice work, Riven and Skyaphid! Cool Skyaphid's has scared feel inside and Riven's has pupil with "wth" feel. Both are nice.

Offline SkyAphid
« Reply #25 - Posted 2012-02-19 20:42:42 »

Nice work, Riven and Skyaphid! Cool Skyaphid's has scared feel inside and Riven's has pupil with "wth" feel. Both are nice.

If you like it, I'll color it and prepare it for you to throw somewhere in your game. Want me too?

Offline ReBirth
« Reply #26 - Posted 2012-02-20 02:24:16 »

If you like it, I'll color it and prepare it for you to throw somewhere in your game. Want me too?
Onegai Shimasu Grin

Offline SkyAphid
« Reply #27 - Posted 2012-02-20 13:06:36 »

Onegai Shimasu Grin
From what I remember, that means please, or to do. So I'll redraw and color this afternoon after school. This was a sketch, the last one is going to be better Wink

Pages: [1]
  ignore  |  Print  

You cannot reply to this message, because it is very, very old.

Add your game by posting it in the WIP section,
or publish it in Showcase.

The first screenshot will be displayed as a thumbnail.

radar3301 (12 views)
2014-09-21 23:33:17

BurntPizza (29 views)
2014-09-21 02:42:18

BurntPizza (19 views)
2014-09-21 01:30:30

moogie (20 views)
2014-09-21 00:26:15

UprightPath (27 views)
2014-09-20 20:14:06

BurntPizza (31 views)
2014-09-19 03:14:18

Dwinin (48 views)
2014-09-12 09:08:26

Norakomi (74 views)
2014-09-10 13:57:51

TehJavaDev (102 views)
2014-09-10 06:39:09

Tekkerue (50 views)
2014-09-09 02:24:56
List of Learning Resources
by Longor1996
2014-08-16 10:40:00

by SilverTiger
2014-08-05 19:33:27

Resources for WIP games
by CogWheelz
2014-08-01 16:20:17

Resources for WIP games
by CogWheelz
2014-08-01 16:19:50

by SilverTiger
2014-07-31 16:29:50

by SilverTiger
2014-07-31 16:26:06

by SilverTiger
2014-07-31 11:54:12

HotSpot Options
by dleskov
2014-07-08 01:59:08
java-gaming.org is not responsible for the content posted by its members, including references to external websites, and other references that may or may not have a relation with our primarily gaming and game production oriented community. inquiries and complaints can be sent via email to the info‑account of the company managing the website of java‑gaming.org