I'm currently making a Minecraft server. DON'T RUN AWAY!
It'll be based off of the open source Spout and soon to be open source (ETA 6 months to 1 year) Spoutcraft. http://getspout.org/
This means, in essence, that the game will eventually be f2p
-- I'll have a subscriber "rank" and a normal rank. We're still trying to work out how to get people to pay for such a game. Unlike its partially closed source counterpart Bukkit, it will give the ability to add content that would normally be single player. There's also OpenGL access.
It'll obviously be written in java.I am doing programming for this project with a friend. Here's what we've already done:
- Plots - Buying and selling of land (promotes user interaction!)
- Clans - Groups, much like guilds in WoW except you own your own land
- An extremely extensible Profession system (skills etc will be very easy to create) -- think GW2
So far, I have a few ideas that need to be more developed. They include:
- The profession system
- A flexible GUI with a replacement health bar
- Yes: A completely new health system, Pokemon-style.
- A Pokemon-style stat system. Attack, defense, evasiveness -- this will affect your abilities.
- An energy system. Some like to call it mana.
- An awesome economy system, which is very easy to do
- Custom mobs
- NPCs/Quests -- Lowest priority
Their API is more like an engine than an API. It's extremely flexible and it can pretty much do anything block-based. I think they might have support for individual voxels in the future.
So, I'm looking for someone to help me with game design or programming. You can email me at ianmacalinao A_T gmail Dhot com.
Basically, you'll be writing skills, attributes, professions, and the general gameplay.
Programmers will be working with Maven/Netbeans, and possibly Jenkins if I can secure another VPS.
I'd also like a storyline person, because my current storyline gets more and more bad the more I read it.
I'd like this project working within the next 6 months. Ambitious, I know, but I have tons of free time. And I have loads of this already working on Bukkit.
So, please consider this opportunity.