Games in Android Showcase (230)
games submitted by our members
Games in WIP (856)
games currently in development
News: Read the Java Gaming Resources, or peek at the official Java tutorials

Home     Help   Search   Login   Register   
Pages: [1]
  ignore  |  Print  
  New people, please comments!  (Read 4858 times)
Offline killua

Junior Newbie

« Posted 2011-12-06 03:46:26 »

Tongue,I'm Java beginners
English is not good
please comments!

Here are the Chinese?
Offline counterp

Senior Devvie

Medals: 11

« Reply #1 - Posted 2011-12-06 04:21:55 »

I loved Hunter x Hunter.

Hi Smiley
Offline killua

Junior Newbie

« Reply #2 - Posted 2011-12-06 05:51:15 »

me too,I very loved
Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline theagentd
« Reply #3 - Posted 2011-12-06 09:38:08 »

Hunter x Hunter is a Japanese anime. -.-'

Myomyomyo.
Offline Chromanoid

Junior Devvie

Medals: 3

« Reply #4 - Posted 2011-12-06 09:56:23 »

Is it verboten for Chinese people to like Japanese anime? Wink
Killua is the nickname of one of the main characters. It is plausible to assume that he likes hunter x hunter. Wink Hunter X Hunter ftw! Cheesy

@killua: Hi Smiley Are you from China? Can you point me to a Chinese indie/hobbyist game development community? I cannot speak/read Chinese, but I would be interested to explore such a community via Google Translate Cheesy Is the (hobby/indie) game dev scene big in China? Thank you Smiley To share some information about my country Smiley : I am from Germany. There is no real active explicit "indie" game development community/forum that I am aware of, but two small to medium sized "generic" hobby game programming communities/forums (ZFX+Developia and spieleprogrammierer.de). I think there are also some game authoring toolkit/engine driven german development communities (especially Game Maker and Unity), but I am not into those things.
Offline theagentd
« Reply #5 - Posted 2011-12-06 10:28:45 »

Is it verboten for Chinese people to like Japanese anime? Wink
Killua is the nickname of one of the main characters. It is plausible to assume that he likes hunter x hunter. Wink Hunter X Hunter ftw! Cheesy
I was questioning why Counterp brought Hunter x Hunter up in the first place. I play Korean MMOGs, but I don't go telling random Chinese people about it. xD

Myomyomyo.
Offline ReBirth
« Reply #6 - Posted 2011-12-06 10:35:13 »

Nah Kurapika is my fav, stay calm and "looks like" girl.

I am chinese heritage, still hold raw culture even not much Smiley

Offline Chromanoid

Junior Devvie

« Reply #7 - Posted 2011-12-06 10:56:24 »

@theagentd: ic, I think such stuff is good to say hi/to connect. Smiley If my name would be Luffy or Naruto I would expect some people to bring the animes/mangas up too (in a similar "say hi" thread Smiley).
Offline theagentd
« Reply #8 - Posted 2011-12-06 11:20:17 »

@theagentd: ic, I think such stuff is good to say hi/to connect. Smiley If my name would be Luffy or Naruto I would expect some people to bring the animes/mangas up too (in a similar "say hi" thread Smiley).
Just Googled his name and saw your point. I haven't seen HxH you know... You'd think a name that is that contains 'L' wouldn't come from a Japanese anime, but they keep on surprising me...

Myomyomyo.
Offline ReBirth
« Reply #9 - Posted 2011-12-06 11:58:04 »

Well 'L' is used commonly for non japanese char: Lelouch, Light, Luffy, Alucard, Leana etc.

Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline Bonbon-Chan

JGO Coder

Medals: 12

« Reply #10 - Posted 2011-12-06 13:28:07 »

Well 'L' is used commonly for non japanese char: Lelouch, Light, Luffy, Alucard, Leana etc.

'L' and 'R' doesn't exist in japanese. It is a phoneme between the two. Depending of your language, you will put a 'L' or a 'R'. For exemple, in french and english, 'Lina Inverse' and in italian 'Rina Inverse' (really disturbing when you come accross it the first time  Grin)
Offline Grunnt

JGO Kernel

Medals: 143
Projects: 8
Exp: 5 years

Complex != complicated

« Reply #11 - Posted 2011-12-06 14:30:15 »

Hello to our *house*. Do you feel *better* yet?
If you are *campers* you will enjoy *the change*, but maybe not yet.
It is best if many happy Orz are coming to your *house*.
Let's *spitting* the fun words for several *pieces* and then surprising things!!!

Sorry, this conversation reminded me of the Orz Grin (Star Control 2, for the uninitiated).

Offline quixote_arg

Junior Devvie

Projects: 1

Jengibre

« Reply #12 - Posted 2011-12-06 14:35:30 »

Sorry, this conversation reminded me of the Orz Grin (Star Control 2, for the uninitiated).

what a hellova game
Offline theagentd
« Reply #13 - Posted 2011-12-06 19:35:48 »

Oh, I wouldn't know. It's not like I'm living in Japan or anything.

Myomyomyo.
Offline Cero
« Reply #14 - Posted 2011-12-06 20:58:27 »

'L' and 'R' doesn't exist in japanese. It is a phoneme between the two. Depending of your language, you will put a 'L' or a 'R'. For exemple, in french and english, 'Lina Inverse' and in italian 'Rina Inverse' (really disturbing when you come accross it the first time  Grin)

Also, but this is only in Japanese, in some cases when R is the first letter you can even pronounce it with a D
like Ryu or Reiko
saying it may sound like Dyu or Deiko

Offline killua

Junior Newbie

« Reply #15 - Posted 2011-12-07 02:54:02 »

@Chromanoid
HI,Chromanoid ,You said of the Chinese people is like the Japanese anime, I don't know, I just personally like just!But, I'm a Chinese,I think whether like anime and if I was Chinese, no matter!
About in China, I said know, no large game development community/BBS, but there are also some small community/BBS exist! I think you can tell something about Germany, I've had a dream, can travel to Germany or life! Whether we can be a friend?
thank you!

Offline theagentd
« Reply #16 - Posted 2011-12-07 09:07:38 »

Also, but this is only in Japanese, in some cases when R is the first letter you can even pronounce it with a D
like Ryu or Reiko
saying it may sound like Dyu or Deiko
What. Never heard about that, and I've studied Japanese for 2.5 years. The only simple conversions to D you can use is from TA, TE and TO, becoming DA, DE and DO by slightly changing the kana. There is no TI, but a CHI instead which becomes more like JI than DI. There's also no TU, but TSU, which becomes something similar to a ZU (Example: Honjou-aZUmabashi).

I have never even heard 'R' being pronounced as anything other than 'R', and Google is gave me nothing... >_>

Myomyomyo.
Offline Chromanoid

Junior Devvie

« Reply #17 - Posted 2011-12-07 15:14:54 »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_speakers_learning_r_and_l
I didn't study japanese, but I think this special "liquid consonant, a flap that varies between lateral [ɺ] and central [ɾ]" is often spoken and maybe sometimes even heard as d by non native speakers. On the other hand japanese speakers will mix r and l as they like because they don't recognize the difference. "Killua" is a contract killer and his name should probably mean "killer", transcribing the name back to the alphabetic writing system would probably lead to "kirua". Most Asian languages heavily use their writing systems to transcribe the phonetic features of foreign words. Correct retranslation is imo nearly impossible because the writing itself can have its own meaning and the use of a foreign word detaches the original meaning. Same thing is probably true for importing words from Asian languages to English & Co...

@killua
HI,Chromanoid ,You said of the Chinese people is like the Japanese anime, I don't know, I just personally like just!But, I'm a Chinese,I think whether like anime and if I was Chinese, no matter!
yes of course! I just was a bit confused by theagentd who pointed out that h x h is a japanese anime. liking is international! Cheesy

About in China, I said know, no large game development community/BBS, but there are also some small community/BBS exist! I think you can tell something about Germany, I've had a dream, can travel to Germany or life! Whether we can be a friend?
thank you!
Just PM me when you are in Germany Hamburg Smiley
Offline killua

Junior Newbie

« Reply #18 - Posted 2011-12-08 01:53:53 »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_speakers_learning_r_and_l
I didn't study japanese, but I think this special "liquid consonant, a flap that varies between lateral [ɺ] and central [ɾ]" is often spoken and maybe sometimes even heard as d by non native speakers. On the other hand japanese speakers will mix r and l as they like because they don't recognize the difference. "Killua" is a contract killer and his name should probably mean "killer", transcribing the name back to the alphabetic writing system would probably lead to "kirua". Most Asian languages heavily use their writing systems to transcribe the phonetic features of foreign words. Correct retranslation is imo nearly impossible because the writing itself can have its own meaning and the use of a foreign word detaches the original meaning. Same thing is probably true for importing words from Asian languages to English & Co...

@killua
yes of course! I just was a bit confused by theagentd who pointed out that h x h is a japanese anime. liking is international! Cheesy
@Chromanoid
And I'm confused,But the Japanese cartoon, does have its unique.

thank you!
Just PM me when you are in Germany Hamburg Smiley
@Chromanoid
For a newly introductory Java newcomer, whether PM or senior engineer, is my teacher!
I technology is still very general, also hope you can great guide me! Although in exchange may have some difficulties.
Offline ReBirth
« Reply #19 - Posted 2011-12-08 02:03:21 »

I only know use of D on T with teng2 >.>

Offline Cero
« Reply #20 - Posted 2011-12-08 15:17:08 »

I have never even heard 'R' being pronounced as anything other than 'R', and Google is gave me nothing... >_>

kinda hard to find - because its about how you speak / how it sounds
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_phonology#ref_6a
It is similar to the Korean r. To an English speaker's ears, its pronunciation varies between a flapped d ([ɾ], as in American English buddy)
I'm still studying japanese, until I JLPT 2 I guess

But yeah try it, next time when you talk to a Japanese person pronounce it subtle starting with a D instead of R, they can't tell a difference =D

For example: Watashi no ryuu, as in 流 ...  ryuu, lyuu, dyuu - all the same, you can pronounce it the way you want
again - not a rule or anything, just phonology I guess

Offline xinaesthetic

Senior Devvie

Medals: 1

« Reply #21 - Posted 2011-12-08 16:37:12 »

Greetings to the OP.

what a hellova game
and it lives! http://sc2.sourceforge.net/
Pages: [1]
  ignore  |  Print  

hadezbladez (12 views)
2018-11-16 13:46:03

hadezbladez (17 views)
2018-11-16 13:41:33

hadezbladez (6 views)
2018-11-16 13:35:35

hadezbladez (6 views)
2018-11-16 13:32:03

EgonOlsen (1880 views)
2018-06-10 19:43:48

EgonOlsen (1904 views)
2018-06-10 19:43:44

EgonOlsen (1261 views)
2018-06-10 19:43:20

DesertCoockie (1706 views)
2018-05-13 18:23:11

nelsongames (1392 views)
2018-04-24 18:15:36

nelsongames (2007 views)
2018-04-24 18:14:32
Deployment and Packaging
by mudlee
2018-08-22 18:09:50

Java Gaming Resources
by gouessej
2018-08-22 08:19:41

Deployment and Packaging
by gouessej
2018-08-22 08:04:08

Deployment and Packaging
by gouessej
2018-08-22 08:03:45

Deployment and Packaging
by philfrei
2018-08-20 02:33:38

Deployment and Packaging
by philfrei
2018-08-20 02:29:55

Deployment and Packaging
by philfrei
2018-08-19 23:56:20

Deployment and Packaging
by philfrei
2018-08-19 23:54:46
java-gaming.org is not responsible for the content posted by its members, including references to external websites, and other references that may or may not have a relation with our primarily gaming and game production oriented community. inquiries and complaints can be sent via email to the info‑account of the company managing the website of java‑gaming.org