I am searching for 2-3 guys that are interested in developing a Simulation-RPG game with me.About the game idea
The story plays in London in the 14th century. The main person is member of the cloth trading guild and the simulation part of the game will be about trading and transport. The RPG part of the game will contain little quests in and around London and some social components like friends that help, love etc. Some elements for making the game more interesting will probably be:
- competitors which can be taken over or spied out
- war with France which will raise the taxes and block the trade to Europe partly
- events like tournaments in London or weddings
- catastrophes like drought or epidemics
The whole game should be mainly in 3D (Java3D or any Framework), only the organising parts for the trading and transport will be based on 2D maps.Working conditions
- volunteer base
- communication!! via Internet (e-mail or a Forum/Chat)
- version control and task management online
- the whole team decides about the used frameworks and other important things considering the development
- discussion advances the development!
- at the moment I have unfortunately only 2-3 times per week access to the Internet but I hope I can improve this situation in the near future
I have 6 years of experience in Java development and already worked in development teams.
Concerning game development I have already collected some experience by finishing several projects on my own. This contains very small games like Pong or Snake but also a Monopoly-clone.
In the sector of Java3D I have some advanced experiences but unfortunately I am more a technician than a graphic artist. In setting I don't have any experience but I have a good (I think so) understanding for music. In the AI development I am currently improving my abilities.Who am I looking for
I am looking for Java game developers in general. The Basics in Java game development should be known. You should especially be interested in the middle age and the game type and also be open to learn new techniques.
Weather you have special experiences/abilities in the sectors of graphic design, music, AI or not your are welcome to join the team.
If you have any questions please ask them in the forum, there might be other people with the same questions. At the moment I can't answer detailed questions about the game features or the story, because I am still in the design process.
If you are interested please write me a message or an e-mail: Lordpomeroy@web.deI found enough developers. Thanks