News: Read the Java Gaming Resources, or peek at the official Java tutorials

Home     Help   Search   Login   Register   
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  ignore  |  Print  
  Unknown universe  (Read 16605 times)
Offline Skarion
« Reply #90 - Posted 2011-09-16 06:24:03 »

Hey,

I really enjoy your game and I love how you start so small in such a huge map - It's almost the same feeling I get while playing minecraft. I want to explore more and more Smiley

Thanks a lot! It's comments like these that makes me continue working on the game and won't give up on it! Smiley

You will see a few noticeable changes in the next version, I hope you will like it!

I noticed a little thing though. When I try to click the "End Turn" button in the bottom right corner, the popup that says "Click to end turn no..." sometimes hinders me from actually being abled to click the button. It starts to flicker and I have to carefully place my mouse to be abled to click it then Smiley

I play on a MacBook res. 1280 x 800.

Greetings

Will see if I can fix that until next release! Smiley

Until I've fixed that, you can always end the turn by typing " " (Space).

Edit: Seem to been the tooltip, it work perfectly after I removed the tooltip. Smiley
Offline EatenByAGrue

Junior Duke

Medals: 3

« Reply #91 - Posted 2011-09-16 11:13:10 »

Edit: Seem to been the tooltip, it work perfectly after I removed the tooltip. Smiley

Yes the tooltip is excactly what I meant Smiley

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Offline theagentd
« Reply #92 - Posted 2011-09-16 12:03:52 »

That's a quite common problem in flash games too. Tooltips that pop up occludes the button that the tooltip belongs too, removing the tooltip.

Myomyomyo.
Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline Skarion
« Reply #93 - Posted 2011-09-18 14:14:39 »

New version has a lot of fixes and new stuff:

- A new tech tree is up and running together with everything that means!

- As of last version the load of a saved game didn't seem to work, now it works again!

- Right click on units you wish to build and you will see a summary of damage, defense, cost, time, name &:c.

- Further works on the graphics.

- Lots of smaller bug fixes and cleaning up.

- Fleets cleaned up a bit more and prepared for the introduction of leaders.

- Cleaned up a lot of misses in turn based gameplay.

- Changed gameplay to be slower early growth (with a longer exploration phase) and thereby making the AI expansion not feel like insanity.

- And much, much, more! Smiley

If there are any noticeable bugs, please report them to me and I'll try to fix them asap!

That's a quite common problem in flash games too. Tooltips that pop up occludes the button that the tooltip belongs too, removing the tooltip.

Sad
Offline EatenByAGrue

Junior Duke

« Reply #94 - Posted 2011-09-18 16:29:21 »

Hello Skarion,

I noticed that after you load a game the turn-counter in the top right corner is reset to zero. I wasn't quite sure if that's normal or a bug Smiley

Unfortunately I still get crashes every few minutes. It's strange as they seem to occur totally by random. Sometimes the game crashes without me doing anything and sometimes it happens when I click on a button or try to open a different view. Undecided

I will try it on a windows pc later on - maybe it's just a problem with mac os?

greetings,
EatenByAGrue

Offline Skarion
« Reply #95 - Posted 2011-09-18 16:43:34 »

Hello Skarion,

I noticed that after you load a game the turn-counter in the top right corner is reset to zero. I wasn't quite sure if that's normal or a bug Smiley

Unfortunately I still get crashes every few minutes. It's strange as they seem to occur totally by random. Sometimes the game crashes without me doing anything and sometimes it happens when I click on a button or try to open a different view. Undecided

I will try it on a windows pc later on - maybe it's just a problem with mac os?

greetings,
EatenByAGrue

I have never experienced any crashes myself (trying the game on Windows XP, Windows 7 and Linux SuSE).

Try using Windows and see what happens.

# If anyone else has any crashes, please state operative system please!

Edit: The reset of the turn at load is how it works currently, will try to make it continue from last turn in next version!

Edit2: Try to start the game from the command prompt (Terminal) and see what error the crash produces.
Offline EatenByAGrue

Junior Duke

« Reply #96 - Posted 2011-09-18 22:17:08 »

Edit2: Try to start the game from the command prompt (Terminal) and see what error the crash produces.

<Error>: CGContextFlush: invalid context 0x11ed4fa60
Invalid memory access of location 0x0 rip=0x11da0d8c9

Floating point exception

Hope that helps :/

Offline Skarion
« Reply #97 - Posted 2011-09-19 06:11:07 »

<Error>: CGContextFlush: invalid context 0x11ed4fa60
Invalid memory access of location 0x0 rip=0x11da0d8c9

Floating point exception

Hope that helps :/

I think that is caused by a Mac X bug that won't let the developer turn floating points to ints/doubles/whatever. If anyone can confirm that then I'd be very pleased! Smiley

Edit: It seem to also be able to be caused by an "Out of memory exception" though as you use the same memory base as I do I can not see how that would be possible? Or do Mac allow a different amount of memory to be used than Windows/Linux?
Offline theagentd
« Reply #98 - Posted 2011-09-19 08:51:28 »

The only thing that happens when I start the Jar is that I hear the music. No window or anything. >___<

Myomyomyo.
Offline Skarion
« Reply #99 - Posted 2011-09-19 08:52:54 »

The only thing that happens when I start the Jar is that I hear the music. No window or anything. >___<

Which operative system (OS) are you using?

I thought Java was better at cross-platforming than this...

I don't have access to any Mac computer so won't be able to check that, though if you use any other OS I will probably be able to find the error.
Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline theagentd
« Reply #100 - Posted 2011-09-19 09:09:28 »

Windows 7. Got it working *once* with cmd, but now I only get this:
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Color
 parameter outside of expected range: Green Blue
        at java.awt.Color.testColorValueRange(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.Color.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.Color.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at graphic.TitleScreen.replaceCenter(TitleScreen.java:151)
        at graphic.TitleScreen.<init>(TitleScreen.java:62)
        at creators.ScCreator.run(ScCreator.java:23)
        at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Myomyomyo.
Offline Skarion
« Reply #101 - Posted 2011-09-19 09:22:08 »

Windows 7. Got it working *once* with cmd, but now I only get this:

Found it. That was really a cute error.  Grin

One place I created a int from a long in the wrong place, and now as the date turned from yesterday to today said conversion became negative as the long became too large.

You would not had that error yesterday but you would had it today. Laughed out loud when I noticed it... Loading up a new version in a second (with new saved games keeping their current turn from now on).
Offline Skarion
« Reply #102 - Posted 2011-09-27 15:29:12 »

There seem to have been a quite strange error that if you had set a species name then when you loaded a saved game you loaded as another player then yourself. Which is now fixed.

Lots of general fixes, new features and more work on the looks.

For example below is seen how you now can watch the progress of research:

Or how you can save/load multiple games and even start up with specific presets depending on the kind of game you wish to play:

http://i.imgur.com/Wrr0S.png

And about another ten-twenty new features/fixes added.
Offline Skarion
« Reply #103 - Posted 2011-10-04 08:20:20 »

Soon done with multipleplayer functionality. Will hopefully release next version and host a larger game next week. Smiley

http://i.imgur.com/ot9bo.png
Offline Skarion
« Reply #104 - Posted 2011-10-11 16:28:49 »

Released multiplayer now! Smiley

You can join at any time you want, have a server up at the moment for 15 players, we are 2 playing now and waiting for more. Smiley

The server I have up is having a 24 hour deadline, so after you've joined and made your orders you can just quit. Then return and play again next turn 24 hours later (or earlier if players has clicked end turn before then).

If you don't like the deadline or the game you can always host your own game. Maybe with a 30 seconds deadline? Smiley
Offline Skarion
« Reply #105 - Posted 2011-11-22 11:39:03 »

Well, a lot has happened since the last release on this forum, it can be downloaded here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?kc8e8kj1xr37gt7

Just a few of the things that can be built ingame:

Leaders are now included:

Direct feedback if you don't want to bother with the forum:

Ingame events:

And lots and lots of other things! Smiley

Have had about 2000 players as to this point, which is quite nice. Smiley
Offline Grunnt

JGO Wizard

Medals: 82
Projects: 8
Exp: 5 years

Complex != complicated

« Reply #106 - Posted 2011-11-26 22:09:10 »

Woohoo, looking good! I love 4x games. I'm curious though what your ideas are on keeping such a massive galaxy manageable?

Offline Skarion
« Reply #107 - Posted 2011-11-26 22:35:23 »

Woohoo, looking good! I love 4x games. I'm curious though what your ideas are on keeping such a massive galaxy manageable?

How do you mean? Any specifics?

I've myself only reached up to about 200 stars empire, and that is still manageable if I am not playing on the highest speeds RTS. Mostly as the basic engine is quite simple to use while there is still depth of possible management (with a lot more to come).

Are there anything you would like to be included? I am always willing to add anything (except 3D) that people would enjoy. Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  ignore  |  Print