« League of Dukes »

JGO Overlord

Medals: 818
Projects: 4
Exp: 16 years

Hand over your head.

« Reply #180 - Posted 2011-08-07 14:45:52 »

java.awt.image.RasterFormatException: (y + height) is outside of Raster
   at sun.awt.image.ByteInterleavedRaster.createWritableChild(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.image.BufferedImage.getSubimage(Unknown Source)
   at com.stateofprofit.client.s.b.cx(Unknown Source)
   at com.stateofprofit.client.j.f.loop(Unknown Source)
   at com.stateofprofit.client.j.f.execute(Unknown Source)
   at com.stateofprofit.client.a.run(Unknown Source)

Hi, appreciate more people! Σ ♥ = ¾
Learn how to award medals... and work your way up the social rankings
Offline counterp

Senior Duke

Medals: 11

« Reply #181 - Posted 2011-08-07 14:55:34 »

people tell my that they're jealous of my invisible station

and after restarting, it's back Tongue
Offline Mike

JGO Wizard

Medals: 86
Projects: 1
Exp: 6 years

Java guru wanabee

« Reply #182 - Posted 2011-08-07 15:13:02 »

java.awt.image.RasterFormatException: (y + height) is outside of Raster
   at sun.awt.image.ByteInterleavedRaster.createWritableChild(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.image.BufferedImage.getSubimage(Unknown Source)
   at com.stateofprofit.client.s.b.cx(Unknown Source)
   at com.stateofprofit.client.j.f.loop(Unknown Source)
   at com.stateofprofit.client.j.f.execute(Unknown Source)

That's weird seeing as I create a picture with a specific size... well, I put in a Math.min to make sure I don't go outside of the size.

It's not the first of these kind of bugs (things that work for everyone else) that you get, what kind of system are you using?

people tell my that they're jealous of my invisible station

and after restarting, it's back Tongue

That's a nice bug! The station labels aren't connected to the content of each tile (I have a special Station list with all stations) so it is possible from a program point of view. No idea why it would happen though... I guess I'll have to have a look at it Wink

But first I really need to fix the pathfinding.

Mike

My current game, Minecraft meets Farmville and goes online Smiley
State of Fortune | Discussion thread @ JGO
Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline Riven
« League of Dukes »

JGO Overlord

Hand over your head.

« Reply #183 - Posted 2011-08-07 15:28:49 »

It's not the first of these kind of bugs (things that work for everyone else) that you get, what kind of system are you using?
You really must not search in that direction.

I probably get most exceptions because I do odd things ingame to try to test edge-cases.

Offline Mike

JGO Wizard

Java guru wanabee

« Reply #184 - Posted 2011-08-07 15:44:56 »

I must not? Smiley I was mostly curious as the code for that was pretty straight forward (create a picture of a specific size, read in the picture assuming it's that size Wink

Mike

Offline Riven
« League of Dukes »

JGO Overlord

Hand over your head.

« Reply #185 - Posted 2011-08-07 15:49:30 »

If you think "64 bit Vista Home Premium", "Intel Q6000 2.4GHz" and "JRE 6u26" will narrow it down, here you go! Wink

Offline Mads

JGO Ninja

Medals: 26
Projects: 3

One for all!

« Reply #186 - Posted 2011-08-07 15:51:54 »

If you think "64 bit Vista Home Premium", "Intel Q6000 2.4GHz" and "JRE 6u26" will narrow it down, here you go! Wink

Can we yell loudly, while flapping our arms over our heads at you for using Vista?  Pointing

Offline Riven
« League of Dukes »

JGO Overlord

Hand over your head.

« Reply #187 - Posted 2011-08-07 15:55:35 »

Can we yell loudly, while flapping our arms over our heads at you for using Vista?  Pointing
Yes.

Offline Mads

JGO Ninja

Medals: 26
Projects: 3

One for all!

« Reply #188 - Posted 2011-08-07 15:56:54 »

Yes.

Wait, no. I'm going to assume you only use it to test these things with  persecutioncomplex.

Offline Mike

JGO Wizard

Java guru wanabee

« Reply #189 - Posted 2011-08-07 16:00:22 »

Nope, but maybe you'd have answered Solaris or something and it might have ;-)

*Flaps with arms*

Mike

Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline Kamerat

Junior Newbie

« Reply #190 - Posted 2011-08-07 17:54:39 »

Very nice game, although not much happens. Some of the graphics looks good like trees, terrain and water. The buses and houses could need some improvement. Graphics for intersections would be nice too. Can't wait for the trains to get implemented.
Found a little bug, when I'm pressing shift and the arrow keys to scroll faster it only works UP, UP+LEFT, LEFT, DOWN, DOWN+RIGHT and RIGHT not DOWN+LEFT or UP+RIGHT. If shift (or any other key) is pressed before DOWN+LEFT or UP+RIGHT is pressed the game will not scroll at all, and if shift is pressed after DOWN+LEFT or UP+RIGHT no speed increase on the scroll occurs. But it works fine with the WASD keys.
Offline Mike

JGO Wizard

Java guru wanabee

« Reply #191 - Posted 2011-08-07 19:04:05 »

Very nice game, although not much happens. Some of the graphics looks good like trees, terrain and water. The buses and houses could need some improvement. Graphics for intersections would be nice too. Can't wait for the trains to get implemented.
Found a little bug, when I'm pressing shift and the arrow keys to scroll faster it only works UP, UP+LEFT, LEFT, DOWN, DOWN+RIGHT and RIGHT not DOWN+LEFT or UP+RIGHT. If shift (or any other key) is pressed before DOWN+LEFT or UP+RIGHT is pressed the game will not scroll at all, and if shift is pressed after DOWN+LEFT or UP+RIGHT no speed increase on the scroll occurs. But it works fine with the WASD keys.

Hi Kamerat and welcome to the JGO forum! You picked a great thread for your first post Wink

I agree that the game still is limited, I believe in release early, release often as it helps a lot when it comes to bug fixing and getting feedback that actually can be implemented into the game. What did you mean about graphics for intersections? They are there as far as I can see but maybe we mean different things.

I'm no graphics artist so I didn't spend too much time on it (frankly, it wouldn't matter even if I did Tongue), buses will probably stay like they are for now as the next graphics part I'll fix is the buildings (adding different kind of buildings, with bigger buildings closer to the center).

Thanks for the bug, I'll look into it, doesn't sound very hard to fix Smiley EDIT: I tested it on my computer and they all work fine. If anyone else can confirm the bug I'll have another look at it, but as it seems now it's a limit of your keyboard and not of the game, the code is exactly the same for wasd and the arrows (not all keyboards like 3 buttons pressed at the same time Smiley)

Trains will eventually come but I think the first thing to add, content wise, will be farms and then either industries or airplanes.

Kind regards,
Mike

Offline Kamerat

Junior Newbie

« Reply #192 - Posted 2011-08-07 20:03:03 »

Thanks for welcoming me. I liked this game so much so i registered to report the bug.
The intersection graphics is a minor thing. Its just the T intersections that needs improvement i thought the X intersection did too but that was because i looked at bonbonchan's 3D model image. The X intersections looks good as it is now but the T just looks like the road coming from the side is just next to the road that goes straight ahead and that it is something that separates them. Very very minor.

On another point, I keep loosing connection to the server. I got a bad mobile Internet connection, though other sites seems to load fine.
Offline Mike

JGO Wizard

Java guru wanabee

« Reply #193 - Posted 2011-08-07 20:14:40 »

Thanks for welcoming me. I liked this game so much so i registered to report the bug.
The intersection graphics is a minor thing. Its just the T intersections that needs improvement i thought the X intersection did too but that was because i looked at bonbonchan's 3D model image. The X intersections looks good as it is now but the T just looks like the road coming from the side is just next to the road that goes straight ahead and that it is something that separates them. Very very minor.

On another point, I keep loosing connection to the server. I got a bad mobile Internet connection, though other sites seems to load fine.

I feel very honored that you registered on the forum just to report it. Once I am further down the line it seems like I need my own forum for the game as it's quite active (on the other hand, my vacation is soon over and then it'll slow down some on my part).

I thought the intersections were totally missing but this makes more sense Smiley I'll put the T intersection on the list (and have a look at how T intersections look like in real life Smiley)

The connection with the server is lost if the server didn't reply on a ping kind of message for 30 seconds. If it's better now than it was 6-7 hours ago then it went down like a jojo because I was restarting the server a lot trying to fix a bug Smiley If you keep getting it I could increase it to a minute, but then you will loose what you did during the last minute if the connection with the server goes down.

Kind regards,
Mike

Offline Kamerat

Junior Newbie

« Reply #194 - Posted 2011-08-07 20:51:13 »

6-7 hours ago it was down constantly. But i have lost connection 2-3 times after that too.
Offline Mike

JGO Wizard

Java guru wanabee

« Reply #195 - Posted 2011-08-07 20:54:07 »

6-7 hours ago it was down constantly. But i have lost connection 2-3 times after that too.

I will make a way so I can communicate with all connected players (broadcasting a message that the server is being restarted for example), it might be that you've been unlucky enough that you were online just when I restarted it.

Mike

Offline Gudradain
« Reply #196 - Posted 2011-08-07 21:12:44 »

Really nice game I love it. Can't wait to see the rest of the gameplay. Smiley

You said it took you 4 years. How much would it take you now to reach the same point?
Offline Mike

JGO Wizard

Java guru wanabee

« Reply #197 - Posted 2011-08-07 21:18:43 »

Thanks for the kind words, it's people like you that make me stay up until 3 am programming Smiley

I think I spent something like 1500 hours during the last 4 years (about an hour per day on average). If I were to do it again I'd probably reach a better result (better data model and easier to expand, some of the early code looks horrible...) in at least a third of the time.

EDIT:
Fixed all known path finding problems. If you ever get "cannot find a path..." when there really is a path (and the vehicle never starts driving), let me know the name of the vehicle and your company name and I'll fix it.

Also fixed an issue where you couldn't click enter to log into the game (might need a refresh of the browser) and removing trees on the client when building roads now deducts money correctly

Open bugs, if you know anything else please let me know as I'd like to have it (close to) bug free before going on with content.
Station building not being shown although the text is (not reproduced)
Vehicles quickly go to "No path found..." before they start driving (reproduced)
The current passengers number on the vehicle screen isn't reset to 0 when entering the station (reproduced)

Restarting the server.

Mike

Offline Bonbon-Chan

JGO Coder

Medals: 12

« Reply #198 - Posted 2011-08-08 06:14:14 »

A very low priority bug :
- when buying something, time to time, the money is not display properly (something like the old and new money shown at the same time "$1024$"). It is rectified quickly when money is refreshed.
Offline Mike

JGO Wizard

Java guru wanabee

« Reply #199 - Posted 2011-08-08 09:55:23 »

- when buying something, time to time, the money is not display properly (something like the old and new money shown at the same time "$1024$"). It is rectified quickly when money is refreshed.

Sounds like a synch issue, I'll have a look at it as well.

Also, fixed a bug where the map would not be displayed properly anymore when logged in for more than 20 minutes. It was linked to the raster error Riven got so I cannot blame Vista Wink

Mike

Offline counterp

Senior Duke

« Reply #200 - Posted 2011-08-08 15:15:14 »

Oh yeah, I noticed that too but thought it was such a small bug that it felt too normal to report Tongue

Are you going to add in-game chat at any point?

Also:

Loaded image: http://stateofprofit.com/pictures/appletlogo.png
Loaded image: http://stateofprofit.com/appletprogress.gif
High quality: true
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.stateofprofit.client.r.a.a(Unknown Source)
   at com.stateofprofit.client.m.c.az(Unknown Source)
   at com.stateofprofit.client.m.c.f(Unknown Source)
   at com.stateofprofit.client.m.d.u(Unknown Source)
   at com.stateofprofit.client.q.c.init(Unknown Source)
OpenGL renderer: GeForce GT 130M/PCI/SSE2
OpenGL vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL version: 3.3.0
VBO extension: true

not sure how that effected my gameplay though
Offline Bonbon-Chan

JGO Coder

« Reply #201 - Posted 2011-08-08 18:21:07 »

Is there a limit for the distance that a bus can go ? I have made a bus (90) that go almost... half of the map  Tongue. It was stuck in "can't find a path" for quite some time  Grin

Features that miss :
- a way to delete a bus
- a way to change origine/destination of a bus (You should do that you can only change the station the bus is not on the way to)
Offline counterp

Senior Duke

« Reply #202 - Posted 2011-08-08 18:52:45 »

If you try building a station and it fails (not enough money, building on a slope) it will still delete the tree on the block you selected.
Offline Apo
« Reply #203 - Posted 2011-08-08 19:49:49 »

my current ideas:
- use bus-stations from other users and pay a (high) fee (for use the station and take the passengers [only 20 instead of 50 etc]. I think it would be more realistic. A little city with 6 different bus companies is "strange". (only a idea)
- like bonbon-chan said: delete a bus and change the destination
- perhaps a bank to start faster. A credit (perhaps not more than 100000) with 10% per day ...
- a ingame chat/message to write other players
- perhaps the possibility to build your own city (your own city has advantages like more pasengers but cost a lot) ... I think the players would like it and "user"content is always a good feature =)
Offline Mike

JGO Wizard

Java guru wanabee

« Reply #204 - Posted 2011-08-08 21:00:35 »

I'm gone for a few hours with the family and I come back to lots of ideas. You guys are the best!

Oh yeah, I noticed that too but thought it was such a small bug that it felt too normal to report Tongue

Are you going to add in-game chat at any point?

Also:

Loaded image: http://stateofprofit.com/pictures/appletlogo.png
Loaded image: http://stateofprofit.com/appletprogress.gif
High quality: true
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.stateofprofit.client.r.a.a(Unknown Source)
   at com.stateofprofit.client.m.c.az(Unknown Source)
   at com.stateofprofit.client.m.c.f(Unknown Source)
   at com.stateofprofit.client.m.d.u(Unknown Source)
   at com.stateofprofit.client.q.c.init(Unknown Source)
OpenGL renderer: GeForce GT 130M/PCI/SSE2
OpenGL vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL version: 3.3.0
VBO extension: true

not sure how that effected my gameplay though

I didn't see the bug myself, but I synched the money with the rendering to see if it helps the next time I update the client Tongue

I'm a bit for and a bit against in game chat. There will definitely be a way to send messages to other players (i.e "can I use your station for a week if I pay you 5000?") and a forum but chats usually go off topic and get spammed. Maybe a chat for the people in the same cartel (guild)... Smiley

I'll look into the stacktrace, thanks Smiley

Is there a limit for the distance that a bus can go ? I have made a bus (90) that go almost... half of the map  Tongue. It was stuck in "can't find a path" for quite some time  Grin

There is a limit of 50.000 squares,8 times or so back and fourth over the whole map. Except for that there is no limit, but I noticed a bug where it says can't find path on the client for some time if you look at another part of the map. The car is actually driving though on the server and you'll get money for it as if it left right away.

Features that miss :
- a way to delete a bus
- a way to change origine/destination of a bus (You should do that you can only change the station the bus is not on the way to)

Selling buses will definitely come. There was a way to change the destination of a bus but if you did that when on the way to (or at) the destination that station got bugged and no buses left anymore. I'll re-implement it somewhere down the line (but with the limit of changing the station only when waiting at the other station).

If you try building a station and it fails (not enough money, building on a slope) it will still delete the tree on the block you selected.

Indeed, is that really bad? If so I'll move the code around a bit so it checks the cost for both actions at the same time instead of one after the other.

my current ideas:
- use bus-stations from other users and pay a (high) fee (for use the station and take the passengers [only 20 instead of 50 etc]. I think it would be more realistic. A little city with 6 different bus companies is "strange". (only a idea)
- like bonbon-chan said: delete a bus and change the destination
- perhaps a bank to start faster. A credit (perhaps not more than 100000) with 10% per day ...
- a ingame chat/message to write other players
- perhaps the possibility to build your own city (your own city has advantages like more pasengers but cost a lot) ... I think the players would like it and "user" content is always a good feature =)

Hi Apo! Welcome back, I was missing your input Smiley

1. I've had the same idea but there needs to be some communication system and so on in place before I tackle buying services of others.
2. Coming! Smiley
3. I've thought about a bank in the past but I think I'll implement it differently. My current ideas go towards borrowing money from cartels (guilds) to make the player community more interactive and communication more important. It'd be really cool if some richer people went together and got famous as the bank cartel for example (by putting their cartel research into the economy tree and advertising on the forum).
4. Message, yes, chat... doubtful (see reply above).
5. I really like owning things but I think it'll be things like factories and airports and not cities. Becoming the mayor of a city on the other hand... Wink

So many ideas, so much to do, so little time! Smiley

Kind regards,
Mike

Offline Mike

JGO Wizard

Java guru wanabee

« Reply #205 - Posted 2011-08-08 22:43:18 »

Today's changes are now online. If you did not know already I keep a list of changes in the second post of the thread if you want to see what changed since you tested it the last time or if you notice a bug that should be fixed. I've only had 2-3 hours to work on it today so there is nothing groundbreaking.

8th of August 2011:
New:
Added information to the vehicle list window, it now also displays the current status of the vehicle and the stations used
The vehicle and the station window now has a goto button to easily locate your station, as before the goto for vehicles is a bit buggy and will be fixed in not too long, there might also be some vehicles that say "cannot find path" even though they actually are driving, and if you try to locate them the game might crash Wink
The vehicle/station window list now opens the vehicle/station window instead of going to the station right away

Tweaks:
Changed the default sort direction of inhabitants on the city window
Changed the station color on the map to red

Bugs:
Fixed an issue with the map not being displayed properly when logged in for more than 20 minutes
Potentially fixed a bug where the money displayed incorrectly for a short period of time

Kind regards,
Mike

Offline Bonbon-Chan

JGO Coder

« Reply #206 - Posted 2011-08-09 10:54:46 »

I have buses that never move (I think  Undecided). There are allways in "Currently cannot find a path" :
bus 139 ; bus 140; bus 143; bus 144.

I have connected every station in my netword so there is a path.
Offline Apo
« Reply #207 - Posted 2011-08-09 10:57:00 »

I have buses that never move (I think  Undecided). There are allways in "Currently cannot find a path" :

Yesterday I thought the buses drive but now (only sometimes for some minutes) the same problem.
Offline Mike

JGO Wizard

Java guru wanabee

« Reply #208 - Posted 2011-08-09 10:58:12 »

If you go to the stations where they are, can you see them waiting there with the same message?

If you can then it's a bug in the pathfinding system, if you can't then it's the already known bug that I'll tackle today.

Offline Bonbon-Chan

JGO Coder

« Reply #209 - Posted 2011-08-09 12:01:58 »

If you go to the stations where they are, can you see them waiting there with the same message?

If you can then it's a bug in the pathfinding system, if you can't then it's the already known bug that I'll tackle today.

yet, there were allways in the station.
Can you add a statistic to buses : money earn/hour (just sum money earn in an hour and display the sum of the last hour) ? If it stay at 0, it means that they don't move.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14
  ignore  |  Print  

You cannot reply to this message, because it is very, very old.

Add your game by posting it in the WIP section,
or publish it in Showcase.

The first screenshot will be displayed as a thumbnail.

theagentd (20 views)
2014-10-25 15:46:29

Longarmx (52 views)
2014-10-17 03:59:02

Norakomi (46 views)
2014-10-16 15:22:06

Norakomi (34 views)
2014-10-16 15:20:20

lcass (39 views)
2014-10-15 16:18:58

TehJavaDev (68 views)
2014-10-14 00:39:48

TehJavaDev (69 views)
2014-10-14 00:35:47

TehJavaDev (60 views)
2014-10-14 00:32:37

BurntPizza (74 views)
2014-10-11 23:24:42

BurntPizza (45 views)
2014-10-11 23:10:45
Understanding relations between setOrigin, setScale and setPosition in libGdx
by mbabuskov
2014-10-09 22:35:00

Definite guide to supporting multiple device resolutions on Android (2014)
by mbabuskov
2014-10-02 22:36:02

List of Learning Resources
by Longor1996
2014-08-16 10:40:00

by SilverTiger
2014-08-05 19:33:27

Resources for WIP games
by CogWheelz
2014-08-01 16:20:17

Resources for WIP games
by CogWheelz
2014-08-01 16:19:50

by SilverTiger
2014-07-31 16:29:50

by SilverTiger
2014-07-31 16:26:06
java-gaming.org is not responsible for the content posted by its members, including references to external websites, and other references that may or may not have a relation with our primarily gaming and game production oriented community. inquiries and complaints can be sent via email to the info‑account of the company managing the website of java‑gaming.org