games currently in development
News: Read the Java Gaming Resources, or peek at the official Java tutorials

Home     Help   Search   Login   Register   
Pages: [1]
  ignore  |  Print  
  Gemserk - Face Hunt  (Read 1970 times)
Offline arielsan
« Posted 2011-06-14 22:14:36 »

Hi guys, we developed a new game named Face Hunt using libGDX. It is a game where you have to kill some smiley faces by touching over them, it is really simple and it was mainly focused for Android devices.

Here is a screenshot of the game:

If you want to watch a game play video, click here, it is from an older version but it shows the game play.

And as always....

[size=36pt]PLAY NOW[/size]

Hope you like it.

Offline zlandorf

Medals: 1
Projects: 1

« Reply #1 - Posted 2011-06-14 23:54:38 »

hi,

fun game Smiley

have you thought of changing the smileys depending on the color used ? using something like this  Angry for the red ones ?
Offline ReBirth
« Reply #2 - Posted 2011-06-15 02:20:28 »

The longer a smiley in the screen, the more damage it gives?

Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline arielsan
« Reply #3 - Posted 2011-06-15 03:14:16 »

@zlandorf

Good idea, maybe on the next update I could make it, I have to update the game to fix some bugs.

@ReBirth

Indeed, that is the idea, only the white ones recover your life, there is a tutorial (maybe boring) explaining a bit all that stuff.

Offline loom_weaver

JGO Coder

Medals: 17

« Reply #4 - Posted 2011-06-15 04:41:45 »

Tried it out on my MacBook and it ran well.  I did the tutorial and played a single game.  Nicely polished game and didn't encounter any bugs.

One small criticism.  I found it didn't have much replay value.  I first noticed this when I had to hit 15 targets in the tutorial.  I found that number a bit excessive. Finally I found it a bit fatiguing using my mouse as perhaps it's more suited for a touchpad.

Perhaps for your next version add a novelty.  For example imagine you're several stories up, the faces are on the ground level moving slowly, and you're dropping things trying to hit them.  You need to lead your shots because it takes time to actually hit the target--like a bird trying to poop bomb people below.

Thanks for sharing!  Also nice work with the networked high-scores.
Offline ReBirth
« Reply #5 - Posted 2011-06-16 04:05:40 »

After get into next "stage" (point over 5k), I found out the yellow one moved faster than the green one.

Pages: [1]
  ignore  |  Print