Good to hear theres highscores! I like tetris a lot!
I got on a tenth-place with my 194?0 points..
1) The controls didn't feel accurate, because of the delay. Maybe you can increase the framerate to more to make the movement faster.
2) When turning a block while it is close to the borders of the game, I feel like it should rotate and just move horozontally so it can fit in there, instead of being unable to move.
3) Maybe a button to make it fall all the way instantly, and maybe markers to show where it'll land? It makes it a little easier
4) Make the blocks fall from higher above. It feels likeit's aready fell 1/3 when it's spawned
Highscores seem to give some more replay value to standard Tetris
Thanks for the feedback:
1) I don't think it has anything to do with the framerate, more likely with KeyAdapter's automatic delay if you hold a key... do you have the same problem when you tap the keys instead of holding them? Maybe I should just switch to JInput...
2) I guess I could try that :p
3) Spacebar makes them drop instantly, I guess I could add markers as an option / bonus / easy mode.
4) The field actually adheres to the official size as specified by the Tetris Company (lol :p), it just seems like the pieces are lower because on a real Tetris field the first row is made invisible...
Now, to figure out sockets so I can whip up a PvP version...