Hi there folks! This is Michael from C-NRGsoft, a 3D MMORPG game studio settled in Europe and the USA setting the new AAA standards for 3D MMO game development.
We have been working on a Guilt Wars clone in Java using JME3 (see video below), and we've got to the point where we could use some extra help to bring the game to the next level. We need to get new features in there such as:
- Completely destructible terrains and geometry
- Infinite sky and geometry/pixel shader based terrain engines
- New effects such as fluorescent, thermo-luminescent blood
- Time lasting alpha- beta- and gamma- blended decals
- Brain tissue physics and animation
- Recursive caustic refractions
- N-dimensional projected smog particles, ray-traced accelerated collision detection using OpenCL
- Inverse, forwards, backwards and sideways cinematics
- Ahead of time playback
- In-game dramatically cut scenes
- Premature impostor based cartography
- Intrinsic molecular 4-degree fluid simulation
- RSA-based crypto-serializable octrees and BSPs
- Up to 1500-players (limited by Ethernet v2 MTU) raid level instances in both normal and hardcore modes
- 1024kbps full-duplex streamed in-game video channels
- GPU/FPU based lightning, snow, and acid rain particle generation
- 1920x1080 lossless in-game audio chat with EAX/dolby
For the latter we use TCP for out of order, reliable packet delivery, providing up to 50 kbps network services to gamers.
Currently we are five programmers and twelve artists. At the moment we are only seeking programmers. If you know your Java then please do not hesitate to post your offer below! Please give a description of yourself, your motives/passions, knowledge and previous experience in MMORPG dev, if applicable. Some experience with OpenGL/DirectX is always helpful. The chosen candidates will be notified by PM around late May/2011. Good luck!