I got a Android Tablet (Archos 10.1) so I started to develop on it
My aim is to do a first 2D game with OpenGL ES 2.0. My first tries work but it is my first with GLES2 and I have performance problem so :
- what texture internal format should I use (GL_RGBA, ...) ? Will it impact performance ?
- any tips to speed up things ?
- what design are you using to deal with logic and rendering ? (you put the logic in a indepandent thread. you put it in the onDrawFrame()...)
- what is your target FPS ? (60 fps is just a dream
- (not OpenGL) how can I suspend sleeping mod ?
- what do you use to take screenshot/movie on the Android device ?