Senior Java Developer
I am looking for someone who designs and develops large scale software product applications. If you have specific experience within the electric utility industry, that is a huge plus. My ideal candidate is someone who understands the full software development life cycle; including testing and implementation as well as product design and bug verification which may require research and analysis under minimal supervision.
Because of the stringent and technical nature of this position, I am seeking someone with six to nine years of technical experience in software development. This position is responsible for implementing a 3-tier Java application which support web browser and web service access to data residing in an Oracle database. The application will use multiple open sourced web-oriented tool kits such as Struts, JSP, Taglibs & Ant. Finally, the application must be built in a highly-secure and highly-available manner.
This position is expected to last through 2010 and may continue longer.Requirements
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
• 6 - 10 years Java development. 2 years of CUSTOM Oracle SQL and PL/SQL development experience. (not working within Oracle applications)
• 2 - 3 years experience working with (in order of importance):
o Struts Framework
o Tag Libraries
• Good analytical skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to take end-to-end ownership of tasks within a multi-technology environment.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to occasionally work non-standard hours to accommodate business needs.
• Energy sector domain knowledge
If you are interested please email email@example.com
or call Scott at 206.926.3856 if you would simply like more information about the job.