Just in time for summer vacation...LWJGL 2.5
- OpenGL: Added PixelFormat support for framebuffer CSAA (NV_multisample_coverage, WGL & GLX only).
- OpenGL: Added support for AMD_name_gen_delete, AMD_debug_output and AMD_transform_feedback3_lines_triangles. The AMDDebugOutputCallback class enables query-less message handling.
- OpenGL: Added support for extension aliases.
- OpenGL: Added support for a new Drawable type (SharedDrawable) that shares its context with another Drawable.
- OpenAL: Update to match newer releases (OpenAL-Soft)
- OpenAL: EFX support
- OpenAL: Upgrade to latest OpenAL-Soft (1.12+)
- AppletLoader: Changes to streamline the Applet experience
- AppletLoader: Initial implementation of a proper caching system.
- AppletLoader: Added parameter support for al_windows32, al_windows64, al_linux32 and al_linux64
- AppletLoader: al_bgcolor, al_fgcolor and al_errorcolor have been removed and replaced with boxbgcolor and boxfgcolor
- Linux: Keyboard focus handling broken when using Display.setParent() applets on Ubunutu
- Linux: Support for Compiz's legacy fullscreen workaround
- Linux: Miscellaneous XrandR fixes
- General: Added support for disabling runtime function checks, buffer checks and state tracking. Activated with -Dorg.lwjgl.util.NoChecks=true
Although Mac doesn't cannot use OpenAL-Soft directly, we are aware of being able to use it through a PortAudio backend. This is not provided by LWJGL however.
Remember to donate Notice: We'd like to remind people to include the copyright, conditions and disclaimer statement for LWJGL in their products, as required by the license. Though we are not about to claim foul in any way, it would be nice to see a link back to lwjgl.org in the credits or documentation at the very minimum.