Very fun, creative take on tower defense. I really enjoyed this game and I played it several times.
- You have a few user flow issues, as in UI issues preventing the user from getting into your game, it took me several reloads.
I will try to make starting the game more easy and user-friendly.
There is one serious thing right now, that if you start the tutorial, there is no way to stop or quit it
I will have to fix that somehow, maybe adding some quit button.
But as far as I know all UI controls should work fine. (No known bugs.)
- Combine stopped working for me after the first attempt (working as intended?)
If you select the right gems in the right order, it should work (the button goes lighter and enabled).
But to reuse combine sometimes you have to clear selection with the Cancel button.
You can use Combine indefinite times per game.
- Perhaps have the monster path-auto-update every time you place a piece?
My path calculation is too slow for that right now.
I would have to optimize first, but I agree that auto-update would be more convenient.
- find an artist friend and have them create a look for you
I tried but nobody wants to work for free
My brother is currently doing modelling, he created the zombie model. I had to animate and render it but that's not too hard.
I plan to have similar graphics for all other creeps and the mage.
The background was created by a guy who is an artist, but after that he was too busy to continue. So the buttons were done by me.
- some items are ISO (zombies are perspective)
- some items are front facing (buildings, your 'mage', some monsters)
I hope that in the end everything will be perspective. Maybe we will have to make a model for the gate as well. Or I will simply replace it with a 2D summoning circle
Thanks for your comments!