, once again I come to you beloved java-enlightened
and humbly implore your knowledge and advise
Well, I've been practicing (and experimenting) for the last few months, building tiny fragments of - and complete minuscule games; always, of course using Java
Now comes a time when, I think should be practicing about deploying my (if it can be called so) "work". So I would really appreciate if you (any kind soul) could write a tutorial or direct me to some RECENT or at least still relevant tutorial/collections of tutorials about how to:
- write the necessary code so that games can be delivered with webstart.
- configure server settings, so that webstart technology can work.
- obtain other important things such as the public and private keys that are apparently needed for webstart to work.
Talking about deployment, and if its not too much
- a similar tutorial, or reference to a good tutorial about gaming APPLETS and the related server stuff (files to upload, special libraries to include etc) would be the cherry on the cake in a reply for this topic
The reason for posting this:
- though a lot of information lies on the net some is toooo technical; some is not complete or assumes the user already knows certain things
- Of all people, you people in here have deployed your stuff through webstart loads and loads of times so it should be pretty trivial for you to
- If you reply with a link to some external tutorial I can rest my mind that it is relevant to current times and it contains correct information - that
hopefully is simple, detailed and will work.
Please note the emphasis here is not which between applet or webstart is better or most reliable - I have listened to, read and got annoyed by
that theoretical stuff. A guide to get things work in both ways (applet and webstart) is the cry of the crowd
Thank you very very much.