Home     Help   Search   Login   Register   
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  ignore  |  Print  
  Albion  (Read 16408 times)
Offline Wingless

Senior Newbie

« Reply #60 - Posted 2010-10-07 16:08:15 »

are you on OSX?
Ya I think so, I click the apple sign on top left and there is a "Mac OS X Software..."
Offline Orangy Tang

JGO Kernel

Medals: 51
Projects: 11

Monkey for a head

« Reply #61 - Posted 2010-10-07 17:18:02 »

Ok, it works on Safari but NOT google chrome for me.

Clicking on the ground takes a couple clicks sometimes but I like what you did and wish to have skills like you someday (:

Since I actually have a Mac now, I'll test it on Chrome and see if I can reproduce this bug.

[ TriangularPixels.com - Play Growth Spurt, Rescue Squad and Snowman Village ] [ Rebirth - game resource library ]
Offline Wingless

Senior Newbie

« Reply #62 - Posted 2010-10-07 17:20:24 »

Ok (:
I can always change to safari if I play stuff with same problem, idk why chrome is complicated with this stuff lol

Oh and is there going to be like an introduction/ story?
Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline Orangy Tang

JGO Kernel

Monkey for a head

« Reply #63 - Posted 2010-10-11 11:15:18 »

Oddly, everything worked fine in Chrome on OSX when I tried it, so I'm not sure what's going wrong there.  Huh

[ TriangularPixels.com - Play Growth Spurt, Rescue Squad and Snowman Village ] [ Rebirth - game resource library ]
Offline bobjob

JGO Knight

Medals: 10
Projects: 6

David Aaron Muhar

« Reply #64 - Posted 2010-10-11 13:13:48 »

also tested on MacOSX Chrome, everything works fine except: Paused - click to start wont go away.

also you may want to add:
<param name="boxborder" value="false"> 
<param name="boxbgcolor" value="#000000">

in your applet tag, to make a nicer box before load, as you webpage is black.

console exception i get:
Couldn't open from file, trying classpath (java.security.AccessControlException: access denied ("java.io.FilePermission" "Data\fonts.xml" "read"))
Couldn't open from file, trying classpath (java.security.AccessControlException: access denied ("java.io.FilePermission" "Data\sounds.xml" "read"))
Couldn't open from file, trying classpath (java.security.AccessControlException: access denied ("java.io.FilePermission" "Data\doors.xml" "read"))
Couldn't open from file, trying classpath (java.security.AccessControlException: access denied ("java.io.FilePermission" "Data\items.xml" "read"))
Couldn't open from file, trying classpath (java.security.AccessControlException: access denied ("java.io.FilePermission" "Data\characters.xml" "read"))
Couldn't open from file, trying classpath (java.security.AccessControlException: access denied ("java.io.FilePermission" "Data\environment.xml" "read"))
Couldn't open from file, trying classpath (java.security.AccessControlException: access denied ("java.io.FilePermission" "Data\debug.xml" "read"))
Exception in thread "Rebirth resource parser" java.security.AccessControlException: access denied ("java.lang.reflect.ReflectPermission" "suppressAccessChecks")
   at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
   at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.setAccessible(Unknown Source)
   at com.triangularpixels.rebirth.resources.ReflectionUtil.shallowCopy(ReflectionUtil.java:156)
   at com.triangularpixels.rebirth.resources.ResourceParser.parse(ResourceParser.java:139)
   at com.triangularpixels.rebirth.resources.ResourceParser.parse(ResourceParser.java:65)
   at com.triangularpixels.rebirth.resources.ResourcePool.parse(ResourcePool.java:96)
   at com.triangularpixels.rebirth.resources.ResourcePool$BgParser.run(ResourcePool.java:501)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

also seems to have problems with windows 7 Chrome, Opera, Mozilla. doesnt display anything on applet

My Projects
Games, Webcam chat, Video screencast, PDF tools.

Javagaming.org with chat room
Offline Orangy Tang

JGO Kernel

Monkey for a head

« Reply #65 - Posted 2010-10-11 18:56:19 »

That's weird - I do most of my testing with Chrome on OSX or Win7 - those are the platforms I'd expect to be most reliable!

Could you let me know your JRE version and anything else that might be handy? I think I'm mostly testing against 1.6 here, maybe I'm hitting a 1.5 quirk or something.

Offline kappa
« League of Dukes »

JGO Kernel

Medals: 70
Projects: 15

★★★★★

« Reply #66 - Posted 2010-10-11 20:15:00 »

Could you let me know your JRE version and anything else that might be handy? I think I'm mostly testing against 1.6 here, maybe I'm hitting a 1.5 quirk or something.

remember Chrome can't run java 1.5 applets, so if your on 1.5 and you use Chrome, then no applets for you.
Offline bobjob

JGO Knight

Medals: 10
Projects: 6

David Aaron Muhar

« Reply #67 - Posted 2010-10-11 20:51:53 »

That's weird - I do most of my testing with Chrome on OSX or Win7 - those are the platforms I'd expect to be most reliable!

Windows7 I installed Java 1.7, thats most likely the problem

My Projects
Games, Webcam chat, Video screencast, PDF tools.

Javagaming.org with chat room
Offline Roquen
« Reply #68 - Posted 2011-01-10 08:37:01 »

In case you didn't know, you got a mention at Rogue Temple back in October.  (Currently at the bottom of the front page)
Offline Orangy Tang

JGO Kernel

Monkey for a head

« Reply #69 - Posted 2011-01-10 10:45:14 »

In case you didn't know, you got a mention at Rogue Temple back in October.  (Currently at the bottom of the front page)
Neat! Thanks for letting me know.

I'll go back to this one day, after I get bored with Tectonicus.

Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline h3ckboy
« Reply #70 - Posted 2011-01-10 22:00:05 »

well, I can honestly say that I looked throught hat page and yours looked the best based on the screens, like urs just looked more polished.

congratz for getting noticed though, and doo feel free to continue the game, it was fun Cheesy
Offline Roquen
« Reply #71 - Posted 2011-01-11 08:25:41 »

Oh yeah, and you're ranked 48th for roguelikes in 2010.
Offline Orangy Tang

JGO Kernel

Monkey for a head

« Reply #72 - Posted 2011-01-11 11:46:14 »

Neat!

I think there's a lot of potential in Albion, but I got bored of the generic fantasy setting. I may try make it a bit more unique when I go back to it, maybe something more steam-punk (assuming I can find the art).

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  ignore  |  Print