As some of you are aware, Sun is opening the Java Store (http://store.java.com
) with the goal to provide a platform to distribute games and applications written in the Java/JavaFX language. It will work similarly to iTunes, Android Market or Steam, allowing developers to publish on Windows, Macintosh and Linux.
Sun has some promotional events coming up pretty soon (next week if I am not mistaken?), so they are looking for applications to showcase in the Java Store. Some will be featured. So, publishing early, will probably give your app lots of extra publicity as compared to publishing later in the game.
If you reside in the United States, I urge you to register at the Java Warehouse (http://java.sun.com/warehouse/
) and submit your application yourself. If you are located outside the United States, I am offering my services to publish your application/game for you. I can distribute both your free as well as paid applications. What I need
What I provide
- Single Executable JAR for distribution in the Java Store: I can provide an Ant script to build one.
- Description of App/Game
- Price: for how much you want to sell your game?
- Non-exclusive distribution right for a certain minimum amount of time to distribute your game/app in the Java Store through Noble Master Games. Please note, you will keep full ownership/copyright of your game. Also, this is a non-exclusive agreement, so you are free to keep distributing your game on your own. I assume once the Java Warehouse becomes open for developers outside the US, you probably want to distribute your game on your own. You will obviously be free to do so.
- Distribute your game/app in the Java Store. Note: Sun will make the final desicion if your game is included in the store.
- We will send you a monthly statement for paid apps/games
- Monthly royalty payments for paid games/app sales (possibly via PayPal). Please note, Sun will take a certain %/amount out of your final sales price. Noble Master Games will take an additional 10-20% of the final sales price (negotiable). Basically, your royalty payment will come to ROYALTY = SALES_PRICE - SUN_TAKE - OUR_TAKE. We will act as an intermediary getting the money from Sun to you. Unfortunately, I don't know all the details yet, but I assume Sun will probably take around 10-30% of the final sales price?
Please email me at business [at] noblemaster.com if you are interested to have your game(s)/app(s) in the Java Store through Noble Master Games. Feel free to ask questions. We can discuss, negotiate an agreement and setup a formal contract as needed.
CEO, Noble Master Gameshttp://www.noblemaster.com