Well, I got onto the hard part, modeling the bending of the widget. Getting the drawing routine and user interface working was harder than expected and it still needs a bit of work as it is not obvious when to apply a bend to get the correct segment length. I made the background a chequer board which helps, but there are registration issues because I added mitreing to the line segments, which can extend them.
The main problem area is the logic which takes the player's finished widget and compares it against the design for scoring purposes. This converts the vector graphic widget definition into raster and then counts the number of correct and incorrect pixels. This started off seriously not working. It's now working a bit, but very buggy. So I'm behind schedule.
- User Interface
-- Left Cursor Key: Bend Left
-- Right Cursor Key: Bend Right
-- Both Left & Right Cursor Keys: Cut to form finished Widget
- Widget Design View
-- Added Duke Image (rendered in Blender). Duke is holding the design of the widget you are trying to make.
Lack of Progress
- Widget evaluation logic - sucks badly, buggy, behind schedule.
- Level progression logic - not done
I'm going to a Lindyhop workshop this afternoon and going to a dance this evening, so this is now parked until Sunday