Rules for the Featured Games board
General rules of thumb
- Only moderators are allowed to create topics in this board
- To request your game to be featured, simply do so (once) in your existing Showcase thread.
- Moderators will move your game from the Showcase board to the Featured Games board, if they find the time and deem this board a good fit for your game.
Criteria to determine which games belong in Featured Games
- Installation: +1 point if the game installs and uninstalls correctly (zip is fine)
- Stability: +1 point if the game doesn't crash ever
- Presentation: +1 point if the game is slickly presented
- Graphics: +1 point if the game has "good" graphics that suit the game
- Sound: +1 point if the game has "good" sound that suit the game
- Style: +1 point if the game's overall style is "good"
- Innovation: +1 point if the game is original or brings a great new original twist
- Fun Factor: +1 point if your judge enjoyed playing the game
- Completeness: +1 point if the game is complete enough that doesn't feel anything is missing
- Freebie: +1 point if you don't whine and you demand nothing of the mods (simply saying "can you rate my game please" is fine)
If you score a 7/10 or higher, then your game can
be moved to Featured Games. However, the content must be useable legally and morally (no copyrighted materials, objectionable content, etc.). Also, if a moderator has a any reason not listed, to either move your game to Showcase or not, then that's just the way it is.
Please note that the scoring criteria can (and probably will) change at any time as we figure out what works best.
Also, most importantly, when a moderator makes a decision, that decision is made. If you do repeatedly contest it, you're likely to lose the "whining" point mentioned above, or if you complain enough we may just ignore your requests for a while.
Please remember that your moderators are trying to be as objective and fair as possible.
Keep in mind that whether your game truely qualifies as 'featured', depends mostly on whether a moderator thinks it's 'good', which cannot be quantized in a score. To determine it runs okay, it needs to be played by many players, to ensure most logic has been successfully executed on a wide range of systems.Note
- The topics in the Featured Games board are ordered by 'publish date'.
- Creating more than one topic (in any of the game-boards) for your game is not allowed.