Im posting this template as guide for new showcases. It's not official, but it should help to get the feedback you want (of any), help, comments and in general: interest.
- Let us know what you have for show and tell: title, description, genre. Screenshots are always very welcome!
- This forum for work in progress and finished projects. In general: let us know what status your project has from your point of view. This would be nice in the topic maybe.
- Let us know your roadmap, or if you just don't have one. Coders art can be intentionally temporary to get the game right. It could also be you just don't mind.
- Let us know why you post: interest, feedback, admiration, help, none of that or all. It's best to ask for specific feedback. You can ask for encouraging feedback only.
- If you want getting testers, tell them what to test. Give us some focus: compatibility, gameplay, graphics, audio, whatever. Let us know the weaknesses we should ignore.
- After considerable updates, you could update the first post, or possibly do a new post with new feedback questions. It is tedious to read through all posts in a long thread and you get more attention. Don't spam.
- Be patient. Sometimes, feedback does not come in hours, but days. Don't take it personal.
Don't forget to post some link to webstart or applet. Downloads are less often tested in general, but good screenshots will help here.