Games in Android Showcase (132)
games submitted by our members
Games in WIP (603)
games currently in development
News: Read the Java Gaming Resources, or peek at the official Java tutorials

Home     Help   Search   Login   Register   
Pages: [1] 2 3
  ignore  |  Print  
  My first multiplayer internet fighting game(GTGE) applet and jar  (Read 16480 times)
Offline markmistry

Junior Devvie

« Posted 2009-04-28 15:30:20 »

Hi folks my first post here. I would like to hear how bad or good you think this game is  Cheesy

I wanted to create a massive multiplayer game capable of thousands of players playing at the same time this is the result so far.
Theres still a few things that need doing to it like trying to make it language neutral.
I had to digitally sign the jar file as the applet has to read from a url to get the core server address.
The graphics are naff and i removed the music but it should play ok.
Create a new account and login( easy peasy lemon squeezy).

Its totally Free wont cost you anything just a few moments of your time  Grin

http://www.kickassevolution.com/bm3source

Thanks
p.s Try not to be to critical i know its no mortal kombat
Offline Riven
« League of Dukes »

« JGO Overlord »

Medals: 840
Projects: 4
Exp: 16 years

Hand over your head.

« Reply #1 - Posted 2009-04-28 15:39:59 »

Uploading something?

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: testgamelauncher
   at com.opera.AppletClassLoader.findClass(AppletClassLoader.java:369)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
   at com.opera.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(AppletClassLoader.java:433)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
   at com.opera.AppletPanel.runLoaderThread(AppletPanel.java:377)
   at com.opera.AppletPanel.run(AppletPanel.java:351)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: HTTP Connection failed.
   at com.opera.AppletClassLoader.readClassFile(AppletClassLoader.java:378)
   at com.opera.AppletClassLoader.access$100(AppletClassLoader.java:34)
   at com.opera.AppletClassLoader$4.run(AppletClassLoader.java:360)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at com.opera.AppletClassLoader.findClass(AppletClassLoader.java:358)
   ... 6 more

Hi, appreciate more people! Σ ♥ = ¾
Learn how to award medals... and work your way up the social
Offline markmistry

Junior Devvie

« Reply #2 - Posted 2009-04-28 15:44:03 »

could you try with ie i know its naff im going to download opera and see what the problem is thanks.

UPDATE

it works with opera you have to accept the warning dialog box and trust me a quick way of trusting me is do a whois on the website and it will show that the site is registered to me and tells you where i live :O) if thats not trust i dont know what is..lol
Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline Hansdampf

Senior Devvie

Projects: 3

too offending?

« Reply #3 - Posted 2009-04-28 15:56:40 »

Smiley
I just played against you.
Maybe I lost because I'm not a wife beater (especially not yours)
Nice start but it took ages to load. Ok, thats because of your bedroom server.
My opponent flickered a lot. And you should put the control scheme under the applet, I forgot which keys to use.
Nice start!

lots of sillystupid games: http://www.emaggame.com
Offline markmistry

Junior Devvie

« Reply #4 - Posted 2009-04-28 16:03:37 »

the characters flicker because theres no moving animation i took it out i will put it back in when i can get good animation from 5 frames or less.
Trust me im no wife beater i love my wife very much even when shes complaining to me :O).
Once again thank you soo much i will put some tool tips on the screens to make it easier to know what to press and see what else i can improve.
Thanks
Offline CyanPrime
« Reply #5 - Posted 2009-04-28 16:22:32 »

how do I register? That donkey sucks.
Offline markmistry

Junior Devvie

« Reply #6 - Posted 2009-04-28 16:35:23 »

hi i will add the user and pass you just tried
give me a few mins to add it to database.
When i get round to it i will add create new user to the login screen theres still a few things to be done its just getting the time to research and implement new things.
Offline zammbi

JGO Coder

Medals: 4

« Reply #7 - Posted 2009-04-28 16:36:42 »

how do I register? That donkey sucks.
Look at the top post.

Had a battle with markmistry, it's a good start, so sure play again when you update it.

The controls and that chat was the issue for me, but already explained that to him.

Current project - Rename and Sort
Offline CyanPrime
« Reply #8 - Posted 2009-04-28 16:53:55 »

when I press a button rather than hold it the animation doesn't go all the way through. It seems kinda cool. Though the controls are wired. I'd say arrows for movement and buttons like ZXC should be used for attacks. ASDZXC is great for fighting games.
Offline markmistry

Junior Devvie

« Reply #9 - Posted 2009-04-28 16:59:35 »

i added you to the database with the username and password you tried earlier
my name has to be selected in the box on the left and i have to select your name
then we both have to click the fight button once to start the fight before it times out
Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline markmistry

Junior Devvie

« Reply #10 - Posted 2009-04-28 17:17:41 »

Thanks for the feedback i really appreciate it :O)
 looks like i have a few things to keep me busy for a few weeks i have turned off my servers now so you wont be able to visit site or play the game. rest assured when i have tweaked the design a bit and added detailed instructions for use maybe added some walking graphics i will make a new post or better i will update this thread.

thankyou all thankyou thankyou thankyou
Offline Riven
« League of Dukes »

« JGO Overlord »

Hand over your head.

« Reply #11 - Posted 2009-04-28 18:59:58 »

I can't login to save my life..  user1/12345 doesnt work (the textfields are cleared, nothing else happens)

Offline markmistry

Junior Devvie

« Reply #12 - Posted 2009-04-28 19:19:10 »

Sorry about that you cant login im currently working on adding the facility to create your own username and password

Update...

you should now be able to create your own username and password

input username
input password(make sure you get it right)
 input your country

click to create a new account

Update...

I have changed the login process so that duplicate logins cant occur.i have blanked the database and am now ready to accept new users to the database..i will be getting rid of the arcade style fighting as theres no way i can compete with the likes of soul calibur and i am going to convert the game to a more passive strategy style fighter manager type game where you win a fight depending on how you set your fighter properties and training.
Theres an annoying issue of lag when you fight someone the otherside of the planet its only a second or so but its enough to put me off from pursuing this style of gameplay so the servers are up and running and ready to see if they can handle many ppl connecting and disconnecting at the same time..haha moment of truth or back to the drawing board.
Offline markmistry

Junior Devvie

« Reply #13 - Posted 2009-04-30 18:17:58 »

Update..
I have remove private message feature as i cant get it to work..dont need it anyway was just an exercise for me but now it has stopped working it has to go..
I now solved the moveable chat box that cant be closed was so easy i cant belive i was havin problems

frame.setDefaultCloseOperation( JFrame.DO_NOTHING_ON_CLOSE );

Offline Riven
« League of Dukes »

« JGO Overlord »

Hand over your head.

« Reply #14 - Posted 2009-04-30 18:37:57 »

You really need a faster server, or a smaller download.

It's been like 10 minutes, and I'm still downloading at 30KB/s.

I'm at the 'red screen'.

Offline markmistry

Junior Devvie

« Reply #15 - Posted 2009-04-30 19:24:58 »

damn!!
Offline bobjob

JGO Knight

Medals: 10

David Aaron Muhar

« Reply #16 - Posted 2009-04-30 19:36:58 »

screenshot?

My Projects
Games, Webcam chat, Video screencast, PDF tools.

Javagaming.org with chat room
Offline markmistry

Junior Devvie

« Reply #17 - Posted 2009-04-30 19:54:54 »

not worth getting excited over trust me  Grin i hate sql i hate being a newb i swear to god i feel like crying with disbelief how can something work 1 min then not work the next thats impossible its impossible.ive had ..COMPLETE REWRITE
Offline h3ckboy

JGO Coder

Medals: 5

« Reply #18 - Posted 2009-04-30 21:16:13 »

not worth getting excited over trust me  Grin i hate sql i hate being a newb i swear to god i feel like crying with disbelief how can something work 1 min then not work the next thats impossible its impossible.ive had ..COMPLETE REWRITE

know the feeling Wink, my caht will work, then BAM! stops working!
Offline markmistry

Junior Devvie

« Reply #19 - Posted 2009-05-04 14:39:08 »

Well i have managed to iron out the login bugs i think, ive tested and tested and so far so good seems like i just needed to add another condition to stop false logins.i have also added error checking when creating a username password and country no more than 20 chars and you cant use the '/' char as i use it as a delimiter.
I have added some text on the screen so that ppl know what to click on.so hopefully its not as confusing.
Im sorry about the time it takes to download i am going to decrease my sprite sizes eventually so it will load faster and not cause a memory problem.
I am trying to iron out bugs as i find them .
so once again i thank anyone who has logged on or tried to log on ,played or tried to play as this has been invaluable in my games development. I have made some adjustment to the actual fighting but cant test it as i need someone to fight against my core server and game servers will be up for a while incase you wanna get your asses whooped :O)
Offline markmistry

Junior Devvie

« Reply #20 - Posted 2009-05-04 15:22:26 »

ok java heap space error pissing me off going to change sprite sizes
Offline teletubo
« League of Dukes »

JGO Ninja

Medals: 48
Exp: 8 years

« Reply #21 - Posted 2009-05-04 16:06:37 »

maybe hunt down the memory leaks and/or increasing heap size would be a better solution ?
reducing the size of the sprites seem like a like a surrender !

Offline h3ckboy

JGO Coder

Medals: 5

« Reply #22 - Posted 2009-05-04 16:08:52 »

I canoot find any servers Sad, are servers still down?
Offline markmistry

Junior Devvie

« Reply #23 - Posted 2009-05-04 16:25:45 »

hi yeah i keep stopping the game servers as im testing the smaller sprites and getting rid of ghost clients.
i dont know how to increase heap size other than a bat file

java -Xmx128m -classpath %CLASSPATH%;golden_0_2_3.jar;GTGE_add_ons.jar;jl1.0.jar;GTGE_GUI_0_1_0.jar;. bloodmoneyGameEngine

then its limited to only windows users unless you know by some miracle how i can include it in my manifest file in the jar???

i was thinking of making them smaller so they didnt look so s**t and now im having problems arranging them in the png file

is there no end to the bugs? haha its killing my spirit good and proper and yeah if it dont work one way i try another untill i get this b*****d to work  Grin
Offline DzzD
« Reply #24 - Posted 2009-05-04 17:51:54 »

on lastest plugin you can use an applet parameter , but available only on lastest.... (6u10+)

<APPLET archive="my_applet.jar" code="MyApplet" width="300" height="300">
    <PARAM name="java_arguments" value="-Xmx128m">
</APPLET>

from http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/jweb/applet/applet_deployment.html#JAVA_ARGUMENTS

Offline markmistry

Junior Devvie

« Reply #25 - Posted 2009-05-04 18:31:51 »

brilliant i was wondering when they were going to do something about the standard 32mb setup.cheers mate will definately give that a whirl  Grin
Offline markmistry

Junior Devvie

« Reply #26 - Posted 2009-05-07 13:22:47 »

Hey everyone. I have made more changes. Now i need to know a few more things  Grin

Can you all create usernames and passwords and country ok?
can you create duplicate names ?
can you try multiple logins using the same name?
will it work on everyones browser ? ive tried ie,firefox,opera and google chrome
does everyone recieve the java warning dialog box?
does anyone get a java heap space error now i have changed applet params?
I changed some of the fighting mechanics invisibility stays but now you shouldnt be able to punch or kick if your currently being hit.
network lag shouldnt be a problem as your client updates your opponents this means if i fight someone and try hitting them 100 times only what you recieve will count the clients update themselves on what they recieve.
oh and if you login and dont proceed to connecting to game server the server thinks your logged in and and you wont be able to login as it thinks your allready logged in i will fix this later maybe.  Roll Eyes.
I will leave the servers running as long as possible unless i find anything else that needs fixing..thanks for viewing
Offline markmistry

Junior Devvie

« Reply #27 - Posted 2009-05-09 15:40:19 »

OK make sure you have latest jre installed 6_10 and above should be ok. I changed heap to 256mb ram everyones got that much memory yes??
if not i dont care :O).and i wouldnt recomend trying to play on 56k dial up.
works good on IE7,firefox althought the html writing doesnt show for some reason seems like firefox dont code to w3w standards.
FIXED maybe i need to specify white text when on black background hahaha deeeerrrrr Shocked Lips Sealed
google chrome works ok and opera is rubbish although the game works on it when you close the browser on windows systems well on my vista anyway its still running in the background and i need to sever the connection in order to log you out,otherwise you wont be able to log back in.
boooo opera.
so big question is...
can you log in connect to a game server play a game and succesfully log out and back in without crashing freezing or encountering any bugs?
If i dont get any response i will assume that everything works great and all i need to do is change the graphics :O)
Thanks for everyone for checking things for me to get this far.You have all been great :O)
Offline Darrin

Junior Devvie

Projects: 1

« Reply #28 - Posted 2009-05-09 22:02:18 »

hiya

I love the body pic at the beginning.

Ok so couldn't log in with user1 12345

But I was able to create a temp account and get int.

There was nobody on so I couldn't do anything but pick my character and see I had 100. 

I tried to run two instances on the same pc to try to fight myself but it crashed.  Not sure you would want to fix this anyway.

Game Exception on bloodmoneyGameEngine
--------------------------------------
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at java.util.StringTokenizer.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.StringTokenizer.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at lobby.render(lobby.java:644)
   at com.golden.gamedev.GameObject.start(Unknown Source)
   at com.golden.gamedev.GameEngine.startGameLoop(Unknown Source)
   at com.golden.gamedev.Game.start(Unknown Source)
   at com.golden.gamedev.GameLoader.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Game Environment
----------------
Date/Time         : Sat, 09 May 2009 at 14:57
Java Version      : 11.3-b02 Sun Microsystems Inc.
GTGE Version      : 0.2.3
java.lang.StackOverflowError

Suggestions. 

--Add an AI for people to test against.  Heck even killing some boxes to practice moves would give more.
--Kill the jackass sound.  A simple beep would do.  Check out reiners art for some free sfx.

Let me know when there is more to try!

Offline markmistry

Junior Devvie

« Reply #29 - Posted 2009-05-10 00:26:19 »

Thanks darrin yeah you cant log on more than once and the jackass sound will go as it pisses me off when i make a login error  Angry
i could add an ai character just for testing the moves but my ai really does suck more than my graphics skills.
the only way to log on from same machine is to run from the jar file but as seperate users thats how i test it.
All the graphics will be eventually replaced once i have killed all the bugs and the majority of users can log on and off with out crashing.
thanks for the feed back going  to kill the donkey now  Grin..how about a man screaming like he was being murdered? just kidding that file is too big i will add a beep noise.cheers  Grin
Pages: [1] 2 3
  ignore  |  Print  

You cannot reply to this message, because it is very, very old.

Add your game by posting it in the WIP section,
or publish it in Showcase.

The first screenshot will be displayed as a thumbnail.

rwatson462 (30 views)
2014-12-15 09:26:44

Mr.CodeIt (23 views)
2014-12-14 19:50:38

BurntPizza (50 views)
2014-12-09 22:41:13

BurntPizza (84 views)
2014-12-08 04:46:31

JscottyBieshaar (45 views)
2014-12-05 12:39:02

SHC (59 views)
2014-12-03 16:27:13

CopyableCougar4 (57 views)
2014-11-29 21:32:03

toopeicgaming1999 (123 views)
2014-11-26 15:22:04

toopeicgaming1999 (114 views)
2014-11-26 15:20:36

toopeicgaming1999 (32 views)
2014-11-26 15:20:08
Resources for WIP games
by kpars
2014-12-18 10:26:14

Understanding relations between setOrigin, setScale and setPosition in libGdx
by mbabuskov
2014-10-09 22:35:00

Definite guide to supporting multiple device resolutions on Android (2014)
by mbabuskov
2014-10-02 22:36:02

List of Learning Resources
by Longor1996
2014-08-16 10:40:00

by SilverTiger
2014-08-05 19:33:27

Resources for WIP games
by CogWheelz
2014-08-01 16:20:17

Resources for WIP games
by CogWheelz
2014-08-01 16:19:50

by SilverTiger
2014-07-31 16:29:50
java-gaming.org is not responsible for the content posted by its members, including references to external websites, and other references that may or may not have a relation with our primarily gaming and game production oriented community. inquiries and complaints can be sent via email to the info‑account of the company managing the website of java‑gaming.org