have you every made a game before.
if not got to cokeandcode.com
if you have, you may want to check out slick (slick.cokeandcode.com).
Slick is built off of LWJGL. Then learn about state based games.
Structure of the game:
- you will need a menu( for choosing what you want with your tamagatchi)
- then you will need a main loop (if yuo are using slick, this is covered for you.)
- You gotta have an init() method. It will initiate all of the sprites and such
- You must have a render() method. It draws everything
- And an update() method for all the logic
- You going to have a method which is called when a key is pressed (jsut google "key listening in java"
- In the update() method you are going ot have to chekc which event you are in. get It from what was choosen in the menu
- Then make a switch depending on what you are doing
- Have whatever is going to happen.
that should be most of it.
hope I could help