This is neat! Very unorthodox
However I have found a few things that bother me a little:
1. The music loop is a little too short. It is nice, but too short and after a while it starts to be annoying.
2. The description of "products", that I can buy is too dark (at least for me). It is barely visible.
3. When I approach those machines that sell things, I have to hit them a couple of times before the dialogue window appears. Sometimes it appears just for a fraction of a second and then I have to move back and approach the NPC again.
4. This is just my personal preference, but I prefer a windowed application to have a frame, so that I can move it around.
I've run the game on Fedora 9.0 (32bit) running on AMD AthlonX2 2100MHz. The FPS was at around 30.
Version 0.2.9 is available from the webstart link.
1. I turned music off by default. It was just something i made in GarageBand and threw in. I also added a toggle "m" to turn it off/on.
2. I adjusted the contrast. It's easier to read now.
3. Yeah, more collision detection weirdness I have to look in to.
4. I'd like to make a windowed version too, mostly to help debugging, but right now the code is prety tightly coupled to full screen. Not sure when I might get around to it though.
Thanks for the feedback.