I believe this is to work on the Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO they've been "secretly" working on for several years now.https://jobs.ea.com/jobs/jobposting.aspx?refresh=1&postid=a0z50000000HZSI
BioWare Austin is looking for qualified Java/J2EE Programmer for our platform group to help create and maintain MMO platform systems. Platform systems include ecommerce, subscriptions, business intelligence, global game systems (like chat or event logging), metrics, customer service tools, and other game systems global to the game service. The successful candidate will have expert knowledge of and experience in the design, implementation, and continuing support of J2EE enterprise applications. Extensive experience and knowledge of highly scalable, fault tolerant, uniformly designed, object oriented, distributed applications is required. End to end knowledge of application architecture from RDBMS to web browser is also required for this job.
· Any exposure to Struts, Hibernate, Log4j or the Spring Framework, as well as HTML templating engines such as Velocity or FreeMarker.
· Exposure to J2EE Application Containers such as Sun Glassfish, BEA WebLogic, IBM Websphere, JBoss, Jonas or Resin a definite plus.
· E-Commerce or Customer service applications experience.
· Game industry experience.
· Platform system experience.