I added FGf to my facebook
It is an excellent idea
Can you explain how it works regarding uploading games you provide a screen shot and that is a link to another persons site?
When you submit a screen shot, the deep link is temporarily
used (only a few minutes) and I manually copy your file onto the server for further use to avoid deep linking. However, I avoid to host directly the games except in some rare cases (the author has no server or not a lot of bandwidth).
Can i put mine on even though its not quite finished.its playable
As I said in private, your game is technically almost enough reliable to be added but there are a lot of mentions of copyrights and it is not open source whereas the terms are clear:
You can submit a new game only if it respects the following conditions:
* it is written in Java (bindings are authorized)
* it is free of charge
* it is cross-platform (it works under the operating systems we mention in the "help" section)
* it is open source (it is under an open licence recognized by the OSI or in the public domain)
* it is reliable enough to be played by a casual user
* it is easily installable (applets, IzPack and Java Webstart-based applications only)
Sometimes we accept games with unclear licenses but we ask the developers to choose an OSI-approved license as soon as possible. We encourage people to use the GPL license because it is a best legal protection especially in France.
As I try to respect the authors, I force nobody to release his source code but it is a condition for the FGF.