So, the first demo version is available!
Unpack the rar file and run the bat file (or execute the jar with increased memory pool)
Now this is really an early version.
What does it offer?
* A semi functional main menu .
* A demo level with a few different entities.
* A couple of different weapons.
How will this demo evolve?
* Will include scoring, proper loss of lives, and "game over" states.
* Credits screen
* Optimization. Currently the demo is not optimized for performance or for size. Uses immediate rending, for instance.
How does it differ from what the game hopefully will look like in the end?
* Game will have plot and story, demo is sort of generic.
* Game will have 2player hotseat
* Game will have a multitude of weapons, enemies, levels, etc. etc.
Hopefully people will be able to run it, - I've only had the chance to test on my 1 computer.
All feedback appreciated, but keep it nice and civil please.
In menu: Left/Right arrow and Spacebar.
In game: Arrow keys to move, Spacebar to shoot (or left mouse button), and Shift to change weapons.
Note that hitting ESC in the demo is kind of bugged, so don't do it