Games in Android Showcase (116)
games submitted by our members
Games in WIP (563)
games currently in development
News: Read the Java Gaming Resources, or peek at the official Java tutorials

Home     Help   Search   Login   Register   
Pages: 1 [2]
  ignore  |  Print  
  Callisto Carnival - Space thruster  (Read 7411 times)
Offline erikd

JGO Ninja

Medals: 16
Projects: 4
Exp: 14 years

Maximumisness

« Reply #30 - Posted 2008-09-07 18:05:11 »

Reduce the gravity? But the gravity is my nice, nice little darling, are you suggesting I should kill my little darling?

Hrm... I guess you right. That and lower thrust force maybe. And maybe I should introduce a maximum speed to slow things down, even if its not very physically correct.

Don't kill your little darling, just slap her around a little  Smiley

The gravity is a really cool gameplay element, but now as soon as a planet or something is in view, it's already too late.

I think the biggest problem of the game is currently the sense of not being in control, which is just a matter of tuning the physics of the game and balancing gameplay.

You can always increase gravity in later levels. You could also add some visual clues of the gravity, like particles going towards the gravity source, so that you will be notified of its presence earlier (and it'll probably also look nice).

Just an idea, it might be cool to add some gameplay elements from Namco's classic Bosconian: blowing up space stations, spy ships that might alert the enemy of you presence, alert states. (If you don't know the game, try it out in MAME, it might give you some ideas).

Offline Jesja

Projects: 1

« Reply #31 - Posted 2008-09-14 18:26:35 »

Don't kill your little darling, just slap her around a little  Smiley

You are immensely atrocious, I am shocked. (Smiley)

Yeah, I think you have some good ideas.

Just an idea, it might be cool to add some gameplay elements from Namco's classic Bosconian: blowing up space stations, spy ships that might alert the enemy of you presence, alert states. (If you don't know the game, try it out in MAME, it might give you some ideas).
That would be very cool, unfortunately I wont have the time anytime soon... Sad

Try the Callisto Carnival - Stunning space thruster
http://jenslidestrom.webs.com
Pages: 1 [2]
  ignore  |  Print