Games in Android Showcase (118)
games submitted by our members
Games in WIP (567)
games currently in development
News: Read the Java Gaming Resources, or peek at the official Java tutorials

Home     Help   Search   Login   Register   
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  ignore  |  Print  
  Anyone working on the NeHe tutorials?  (Read 17147 times)
Offline pepijnve

Java games rock!

« Reply #90 - Posted 2003-09-23 18:14:57 »

Ok, I hope everything works ok this time. I've tested each demo on windows in a separate directory, and they work for me now. I've also added a build script that generates the executable jars.
Source
Binaries
Offline Caoimhin

« Reply #91 - Posted 2003-09-23 18:27:48 »

Another silly question.  Why's jogl.jar included in the source tree?  I don't think that's something we should be distributing.  A link or docs on how to get jogl would be better.  Is it actually needed?  It seems to me that if it is, it'd cause version conflicts.  It's also adding 500k to the size of your zip.
Offline pepijnve

Java games rock!

« Reply #92 - Posted 2003-09-23 18:36:28 »

It's needed to compile the the demos of course. I'll replace it with a text file explaining where to get it. I'm going to finish lesson 36 first though. I seem to have fogotten to port it.

Edit:
- Removed jogl.jar from the source zip
- Added lesson 36
Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline quintesse

Java games rock!

« Reply #93 - Posted 2003-09-23 19:45:04 »

@pepijnve: Damn, there's got to be something else wrong on my system then because the new demos still won't run using the jars (keep getting class not found errors for GLEventListener) Sad
Offline pepijnve

Java games rock!

« Reply #94 - Posted 2003-09-23 20:04:23 »

You need to make sure jogl.jar is somewhere in the classpath. On my test system I put it in lib/ext in the jre install directory, so that it's available system wide.
I could also put it in the manifest in the classpath entry so that it is automatically used if you put it in the same directory as the lesson jar files. Anybody have a suggestion on how this problem canbest be solved?
8: Undefined index: online
File: /home/jgo/public_html/Themes/default/Display.template.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 151