there is a little tool that i make from varius tests. The first goal was to do a sprite editor that save all data in an unique png file (to be able to display it in a web browser without the need of anything else).Webstart Jar
Right now, there is a plugin problem with webstart version (so don't try plugin with it
How to use it :
- take a sprite sheet in PNG format (in my example, i take one from http://spriters-resource.com/
- with a paint software, remove all unaccessary image, put a tranparency, ... and make sure there is some empty lines at the end of the image (it is where i save datas)
- MAKE A COPY
(no undo and beta stage) and save often
- load the image with the load button. It will try to detect all the sprites and the palette (perfect color match)
- "sprite" is to define where sprites are on the image and to move them (lock button toggle)
- "palette" is to define palettes (replacing a color by another)
- "system" is to load/save sprite sheet (and define the color of the checkboard for transparency)
- "plugin" for launch plugin and define the directory where are plugins
- "animation" is the list of animation. ( ">" button to play an animation in a separate window)
- "loop" define the begin and the end in step on an animation
- "step" is use to create steps in an animation (a step can be on several frame = delay)
It should not be difficult to use.
There is an exemple of sprite sheet :
(just save it to disk and open it)
For plugin there is an exemple that pack the sheet :Source Classes
Just unzip the classes in a directory and select this directory in the soft.
Importer, exporter, editing tool can be maked.
At last there is an exemple of use in LWJGL :Webstart Source
1-4 Key to change palette
On the numpad, 4,5,2,1 to move
I don't know if it can be usefull for someone. It is still simple and miss features.