NOW WORKS ON WINDOWS, LINUX, AND MAC OS X.
I've been making a game for the past three months called "Agent: 00PK." In it you play as a spy who uses her incredible parkour skills to sneak into enemy bases and rescue the world from nuclear destruction.
This isn't anywhere near done, but there's plenty to demo if people want to give it a look. And if you don't know what parkour is, be sure to check this link: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=parkour&search_type=Features
• Over 40 different parkour moves your character can perform (not all implemented yet).
• Realistic physics (a modified version of Phys2D, and currently the gravity is too low).
• Adaptive AI (current not a very good
AI because the learning function has issues, but nonetheless uses a Q-Learner algorithm).
• Pretty sprites made with PNG-16 encoding, and expansive compressed backgrounds (although I haven't made nearly all the graphics yet).
• An intricate level editor that allows you to construct anything you can imagine.
• OpenGL and OpenAL via LWJGL.
• Robots with simple AI and Guards with Q-Learning AI. Lasers, bullets, homing missiles.Known Bugs
• If you're at standing and hold the jump button, you'll do a crazy super jump.
• You can often grab an edge from an inappropriate distance, or can't grab one when you should be able to.
• If you try to play past the third level, the game will break (no other levels made yet).
• If you see an "ugly" sprite, it's because the animation for it hasn't been added in yet.
• You can't jump while running.Controls
The controls are all customizable, but it should be noted that they're very context sensitive. If you're using the defaults, here are some hints:
• Move around with the left and right arrow keys.
• Press C while moving to do a forward jump. Press C while still to do a standing jump.
• Hold C when near an edge to have your character grab and hang (for as long as you hold C).
• While hanging with C, also press Z and X to do a pullup and get on the ledge (careful this is sort of buggy, you might be hanging too low to actually get up).
• If you have just jumped at a wall, press Z, X, and C, to do a "Tic Tac," which will propel you in the other direction.
• If you have just jumped at a wall, press C to do a Wall Jump. Currently, this is broken.
• If you are landing from a drop, hold down C to do a parkour roll. This will lower the likelihood of death from falling.
• If you are landing from a drop, hold down X to do a precision landing. This increases your friction on landing.Cheats
There are cheats in the game to mess around with things.
• Kitty Cat Kong
• Joints of Steel
• Bullet Speed
• I am David Belle
• Moon Shoes
• Coo Coo Raw Cha
I think that's about it. Have fun! There is a significant amount of tweaking that needs to happen to make this game more enjoyable, but you'll get the idea. Oh, and in order to finish a level, follow your compass in the bottom right corner. It will lead you to a glowing arrow that is the "exit." A good hint for getting past the guards is that they can't shoot you while you hang on a ledge. Try it out.
Download Webstart here:http://www.slyhawk.com/agent00pk/webstart/Agent00PK.jnlp
(latest Webstart update: April 15, 2008)Updates:
• April 13, 2008 – Initial upload of early build.
• April 14, 2008 – Support added for all OS's, repeat texture loading bug fixed.
• April 15, 2008 – Simple AI added, more guards placed in levels, JNLP file size optimized, texture loading optimized. Debug turned off, with cheat (Coo Coo Raw Cha) to turn it back on.
• April 16, 2008 – Training levels being worked on, physics further tweaked, pushable blocks added, individual hit boxes for hands added. Destructible terrain being worked on.
• May 13, 2008 – Robots added. Homing missiles added. Level selector added. Webstart custom level support added. Webstart save file support added. Bug fixes and tweaks. Sound added. Level loading optimized.