1. my server doesn't support the jpnl or whatever its called so i had to put it into a php, is this ok?
2. if i use web start, does the jar have to be self executable? because of web start I don't have a manifest in the jar, and this reduces size significantly
3. can/should i submit before the game is finished, and update it as it progresses?
4.i've noticed on my vista machine that when i do web start it installs on my computer, and if i change the .php file or the jar name, my computer complains and i have to uninstall the game from add/remove programs, I don't know if this affects everyone, but is there any way to make web start so it doesn't install the game in the add and remove programs list?
5.how the hell do people make crazy ass games in just 4k without going mad?
1. That's ok, as long as it runs
2. No, the jar doesn't have to be self executable. As long as you can start it with webstart it's ok!
3. Your choice really. Many submit their games and only do little updates, like fixing bugs. I'd recommend only submitting a game that you feel is "done", but you still always have the option of updating. So it's not a big issue. Although you won't be able to update after contest closes.
4. Not sure about this one, hopefully someone will reply. But AFAIK it is not possible :| at least I haven't seen this option.
5. Who says we aren't all mad?