NCsoft is one of the world's biggest online gaming companies, a major developer and publisher in Asia, America, and Europe.
Can you write basic multiplayer code for games, or basic lobby/match/game servers?
Would you like to work in a team of networking experts, and learn how to write high performance net code or learn how to design and develop servers for massively multiplayer games?
This role is in our UK studio, in Brighton. The office is in the centre of this vibrant city, just a couple of minutes from the station and a five minute walk from the seafront.
As the in-house experts on all networking and server development issues, you will be a special team that works directly with the game development teams. You will work with multiple different studios, where you will be designing and implementing appropriate individual solutions for each game, and even helping re-architect the core of each game to work well with online and networked play.
* Some prior experience of developing computer games
* Experience of EITHER network coding techniques for FPS and racing-games OR server design and implementation, e.g. have written lobby or matchmaking servers
* Basic knowledge of network techniques (TCP/IP, UDP, IP routing)
* Basic knowledge of servers (basic linux administration)
* Experienced with either C++ or Java
NCsoft Europe Ltd
o write network code to deliver multiplayer features
o write server code to deliver multiplayer features
o help the Senior Network Developer with analysing and improving architectures
o help the Senior Network Developer explain networking and server issues to other development teams
o work on multiple game projects
All interested candidates should send a formal covering letter, CV/resume and salary requirements via email to firstname.lastname@example.org