We need an expert in networked multiplayer / online games / game-server development, a programmer who wants to work on a wide array of interesting online games providing the best possible multiplayer experience. Lead programmers will rely on you to show them how to make the networking side work, and work well, and you will have the chance to re-architect the games as necessary to make them better for multiplayer.Company / Location
NCsoft is one of the world’s biggest online gaming companies, a major developer and publisher in Asia, America, and Europe. This role is in the Brighton studio, England.Contact
All interested candidates should send a formal covering letter, CV/resume and salary requirements via email to email@example.comDetails
Do you know everything there is to know about distributed state management, maximizing the number of players per server, or managing the complexity of large-scale concurrent programming?
Have you written high-performance UDP-based state-management protocols for keeping dozens of players synchronized in fast-paced FPS or racing games?
Could you be the main programmer on a specialized team to develop networking, online, and server components for multiple online games in a variety of genres?
As the in-house experts on all networking and server development issues, you will be a special team that works directly with the game development teams. You will work with multiple different studios, where you will be designing and implementing appropriate individual solutions for each game, and even helping re-architect the core of each game to work well with online and networked play.
- an experienced game developer, having written real-time multiplayer network code for multiple shipped titles
- designed and developed at least one non-trivial game-server
- very highly experienced both in C++ and Java
- understanding and/or experience of: client/server, peer to peer (P2P), UDP, TCP, IP, concurrency, distributed computing, dead reckoning, replication / distributed object architectures (DOA), synchronization, berkeley sockets, NAT traversal
- write custom libraries and systems to deliver multiplayer features
- analyse and improve multiplayer architectures
- explain networking and server issues to other development teams
- lead a team of programmers working on multiple game projects
- mentor junior networking and server programmers
- fluency in multiple European languages would be desirable but not essential