So, we are now entering the phase of ramping up staffing for our little "project" here at NCsoft. We've started the hiring process for non-engineer positions, and are starting to look into engineer positions now. It should be noted that this is not an official job announcement, but more a request for resumes. However, this announcement has been approved by our HR department. The job will require relocation to beautiful Austin, Texas.
NCsoft, the leader in Massively Online Gaming, is now hiring Software Engineers to work on a next generation Java-based MMO.
Applicants must be proficient in Java and previous game development experience is a huge plus. Candidates will be part of a small creative team. Ability to communicate well with other programmers, artists and creative directors is essential.
We are filling multiple positions, but a strong knowledge of 3D Graphics, Server design and general game design is desired.
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
* Software engineering approach incorporating requirements gathering, design, implementation, and testing phases
* Comfortable working within a structured engineering process that includes technical design documentation, coding standards, checklists, and code reviews
* 5+ years programming experience using Java
* Knowledgeable in refactoring, optimization, and when they are appropriate
* Production-oriented mindset: high-quality, schedule-driven, focus on shipping the game
* Desire/ability to work in a team environment
* Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with teammates is essential
* Self-motivated, and able to work with minimal direct supervision
* Previous game industry experience, with a minimum of two shipped titles or equivalent experience
* Solid grasp of server architecture and TCP/IP networking fundamentals
* 3+ years experience with client/server programming
* OpenGL experience
* jME (jMonkey Engine) experience
* Previous MMO development experience
* Avid MMO gamer
For consideration, submit resume and salary requirements to myself (firstname.lastname@example.org
), Joshua Slack (email@example.com
) or Steven Wartofsky (firstname.lastname@example.org