Home     Help   Search   Login   Register   
Pages: 1 [2]
  ignore  |  Print  
  User Authentication  (Read 6926 times)
Offline Jeff

JGO Coder

Got any cats?

« Reply #30 - Posted 2007-03-29 13:08:56 »

If I wanted to pass more than just username and password from an SGS client to an SGS server during authentication, for example to include an Integer representing site_id, what would I need to do?  Huh

To  do fancier things you would:

(a) Override the authenticator with your own authenticator
(b) Create your own sub class of identity
(c) Create a custom service to read that sub class and return information from it.

All this is explained more in the extension manual.  AMMTB it will be out with the GPLd release.

Got a question about Java and game programming?  Just new to the Java Game Development Community?  Try my FAQ.  Its likely you'll learn something!

http://wiki.java.net/bin/view/Games/JeffFAQ
Offline jeff_seattle

Junior Newbie

« Reply #31 - Posted 2007-03-30 19:07:48 »

Currently, SGS client can only request authentication using <username> and <password>, and its authentication responce is a boolean responce of either loggedIn or loginFail.

I want to expand the authentication functionality.

From my understanding, the following flow graph is a crude representation of a SGS login authentication…  Undecided

SGS client...Requesting Authentication
            SimpleClient::login()

implemented PasswordAuthentication SimpleClientListener::getPasswordAuthentication()
                        with responce of java.net.PasswordAuthentication with credentials data <username, password>

SGS server...Processing Authentication
            implemented Identity IdentityAuthenticator::authenticateIdentity( IdentityCredentials )
                        with request of com.sun.sgs.auth.IdentityCredentials id,
                                                which is implemented NamePasswordCredentials with credentials data <username, password>
                        with response from this method is com.sun.sgs.auth.Identity,
                                                which is implemented com.sun.sgs.impl.auth.IdentityImpl with <username>                     

SGS client...Getting Authentication
           implemented boolean SimpleClientListener::loggedIn()
OR
           implemented SimpleClientListener::loginFailed(String reason)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What I want to do is the following...  Grin

SGS client...Authentication request
            SimpleClient::login()

implemented IdentityCredentials SimpleClientListener::getIdentityCredentials()
                        with responce of implemented CustomIdentityCredentialsImpl with credentials data <x, y, z, ...>

SGS server...Processing Authentication
            implemented Identity IdentityAuthenticator::authenticateIdentity( IdentityCredentials )
                        with request of com.sun.sgs.auth.IdentityCredentials id,
                                                which is implemented CustomIdentityCredentialsImpl with credentials data <x, y, z, ...>
                        with response from this method is com.sun.sgs.auth.Identity,
                                                which is implemented CustomIdentityImpl with data <a, b, c, ...>                     

SGS client...Authentication response
           implemented boolean SimpleClientListener::loggedIn(com.sun.sgs.auth.Identity)
                                                which is Identity instance of CustomIdentityImpl with data <a, b, c, ...>                     
OR
           implemented SimpleClientListener::loginFailed(String reason)

Thanks
Offline Jeff

JGO Coder

Got any cats?

« Reply #32 - Posted 2007-03-30 19:31:30 »

In about 4 weeks the stack extension manual will be out and all we be clear grasshopper.

Sorry, but I am writing the manual for a reason.  All that you want to do is doable, but I really don't have the bandwidth to be re-writing the manual in forum posts.  Wait til it comes out.  read it, and then fire any remaining questions at me.

Got a question about Java and game programming?  Just new to the Java Game Development Community?  Try my FAQ.  Its likely you'll learn something!

Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline Middy

Junior Devvie

Java games rock!

« Reply #33 - Posted 2007-05-02 20:35:32 »

Whats the rendezvous for the manual?

When do I get my makeMyGameAsILike() extension?
Offline galthaus

Junior Newbie

« Reply #34 - Posted 2007-05-02 22:20:23 »

I believe Jeff has said that the documents are set to be released to coincide with the release of the SDK soon after the Java One conference.  I think that is next week.
Offline Jeff

JGO Coder

Got any cats?

« Reply #35 - Posted 2007-05-03 02:33:54 »

Yes, thats correct.  The manual will go out with the open source release.  Unitl that time some of thsi is in enough flux that we don't want to mislead you.

I don't have a clear ETA  on the open source release yet except that we won't make JavaOne as we had originally hoped.  I apologize profusely for that but the team wants to make sure what they drop on you is really reasonably complete.

Til then, for design considerations:

There are basically two issues here , though you can eliminate one of them with a pit of pain.

The first issue is that you need to write a custom authenticator.  thats actually not so hard.  if you want a  peek at how to do that ahead of time, there is a good thread I've referenced in the FAQ plus BunnyHunters which *will* be released for JavaOne contains an actual example.

The second is the issue of getting your multiple parameters up to the authenticator.  You have two chocies here
1) The more work, technically proper solution.  Implement a custom protocol and your own client side API extension around it.

2) The sneeky quick and dirty method:  pack them all into a char array and use the existing API and protocol

Offline MickeyB

Senior Devvie

my game will work, my game will work!

« Reply #36 - Posted 2007-05-04 18:07:49 »

is the "out of the box" api for base level username/pass authentication out or coming with your stuff after JavaOne?   Just want to mimic what kevglass did in tank, which is what I do now in CubeWars (sgs2).

MickeyB

Current Project: http://www22.brinkster.com/mbowles/
Offline Jeff

JGO Coder

Got any cats?

« Reply #37 - Posted 2007-05-04 20:51:25 »

is the "out of the box" api for base level username/pass authentication out or coming with your stuff after JavaOne?   Just want to mimic what kevglass did in tank, which is what I do now in CubeWars (sgs2).

Base hashed password support is in the SDK.  You need to enable it though.

See the thread mentioned.

Pages: 1 [2]
  ignore  |  Print  

You cannot reply to this message, because it is very, very old.

Add your game by posting it in the WIP section,
or publish it in Showcase.

The first screenshot will be displayed as a thumbnail.

rwatson462 (29 views)
2014-12-15 09:26:44

Mr.CodeIt (20 views)
2014-12-14 19:50:38

BurntPizza (40 views)
2014-12-09 22:41:13

BurntPizza (76 views)
2014-12-08 04:46:31

JscottyBieshaar (37 views)
2014-12-05 12:39:02

SHC (50 views)
2014-12-03 16:27:13

CopyableCougar4 (47 views)
2014-11-29 21:32:03

toopeicgaming1999 (114 views)
2014-11-26 15:22:04

toopeicgaming1999 (102 views)
2014-11-26 15:20:36

toopeicgaming1999 (30 views)
2014-11-26 15:20:08
Resources for WIP games
by kpars
2014-12-18 10:26:14

Understanding relations between setOrigin, setScale and setPosition in libGdx
by mbabuskov
2014-10-09 22:35:00

Definite guide to supporting multiple device resolutions on Android (2014)
by mbabuskov
2014-10-02 22:36:02

List of Learning Resources
by Longor1996
2014-08-16 10:40:00

by SilverTiger
2014-08-05 19:33:27

Resources for WIP games
by CogWheelz
2014-08-01 16:20:17

Resources for WIP games
by CogWheelz
2014-08-01 16:19:50

by SilverTiger
2014-07-31 16:29:50
java-gaming.org is not responsible for the content posted by its members, including references to external websites, and other references that may or may not have a relation with our primarily gaming and game production oriented community. inquiries and complaints can be sent via email to the info‑account of the company managing the website of java‑gaming.org