i'm planning to contract someone to do the underlying work in a RTS game such as Red Alert.
Myself is a 5 years java developer, done some very simple game in C.
I'm not familiar with networking game in java.
So i'm thinking to contract someone to give me a head start.
I know this game isn't going to get big but me and my mates likes RTS games. So this game will be sort of stay inside a small community.
Technology-wise, I don't want any cool 3d graphics like Doom3, i just want anything simple, like RedAlert is good enough, easy to control and play.
2) control using mouse and keyboard
3) preferably java langauge since i can better modify it.
4) connect to a central server.
5) around 8 players max per game.
1) create a starting base (need clean and proper design for future improvement)
2) programing all the game logics (bullet range, unit's health, golds etc etc)
3) ease of changing the graphics associated with the units.
I will provide the graphics/sounds and other media myself.
Can someone tell me around how much it will cost?
give some comment even if you're not planning to take this job as I want to know the market price.