Hot on the heels of the SWT/OpenGL v0.7.0 release, we also have a new beta release of Aviatrix3D 2.0.
What is Aviatrix3D? It is a Java scenegraph that is aimed at the high-end 3D graphics market such as scientific and medical visualisation. Multithreaded rendering is supported implicitly, meaning you can easily make use of your dual-core machine's full capability.
Some of the more interesting features:
- Full layering, compositing and multiviewport capabilities, as well as multipass rendering including all the required
buffer access such as stencil, accumulation and colour buffers.
- Both AWT and SWT support, using either lightweight or heavyweight components.
- Multithreaded rendering internals
- Highly optimised performance for the target markets (at least twice as fast as Java3D on any given piece of content)
- Several codepaths that avoid bringing any data in Java at all, which helps for those multi-gigabyte geometry scenes
You can download the latest version at http://aviatrix3d.j3d.org/download.html