Home     Help   Search   Login   Register   
Pages: [1]
  ignore  |  Print  
  Problems with JOGL  (Read 3136 times)
Offline Nozing

Junior Newbie

« Posted 2006-11-14 18:31:28 »

Hello guys!

I have problems with JOGL library. I have download the latest xith3d and I have install it with third-parties libraries and when I try to execute some demo I get this error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/xith3d/render/jogl/RenderPeerImpl
        at org.odejava.xith3d.test.CarExample.initXith(CarExample.java:158)
        at org.odejava.xith3d.test.CarExample.<init>(CarExample.java:128)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:494)
        at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:350)
        at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:303)
        at org.odejava.xith3d.test.RunDemo.main(RunDemo.java:155)

It seems that in xith3d package doesn't exit any package with the name jogl. Somebody knows what is happening? Thanks.

P.D.: I'm sorry about my poor English. I'm Spanish.
Offline Amos Wenger

Everything's possible, but not everything's fun...

« Reply #1 - Posted 2006-11-14 19:34:13 »

Hi Nozing !

Welcome to these boards, have you found the infos you wanted on JOODE/ODEJava ?  Smiley

The exception you have mean that you don't have the "jogl.jar" file in the correct path... from what you say here, you probably haven't installed the native libs also (i.e. jogl.dll for windows, jogl.so for linux, jogl.dnylib for mac), I can just redirect you to the relevant page at xith.org : http://www.xith.org/pages/installing_xith3d.html

If you don't find all the info you want there, just tell me.

PS : you're spanish ? then you can make a spanish xith user group with rafa_es ^^

"Once you start working on something, don't be afraid of failure and don't abandon it. People who work sincerely are the happiest"
Offline Marvin Fröhlich

May the 4th, be with you...

« Reply #2 - Posted 2006-11-14 22:11:57 »

Hi Nozing. Welcome to the forum (from me, too) Smiley

The exception you have mean that you don't have the "jogl.jar" file in the correct path... from what you say here, you probably haven't installed the native libs also (i.e. jogl.dll for windows, jogl.so for linux, jogl.dnylib for mac), I can just redirect you to the relevant page at xith.org : http://www.xith.org/pages/installing_xith3d.html

I think, this is wrong. Well, maybe this will additionally cause errors. But...

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/xith3d/render/jogl/RenderPeerImpl

This is due to the fact, that no such class exists anymore. Xith has switched from the old jogl to jsr-231 some time ago. So the package name is now com.xith3d.render.jsr231.RenderPeerImpl (if you're still using 0.8.0).

If you should decide to use a more recent version and checkout from SVN then make sure to replace all occurrences of "com.xith3d." to "org.xith3d.". I would advice you to do so, if you want to further work with xith. Very many things have been added to xith and xith-tk to make your life easier.

Maybe we should consider releasing a community build release the next days.

Marvin
Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline Amos Wenger

« Reply #3 - Posted 2006-11-14 23:33:05 »

Ah yeah you're right Marvin I was soo sure it was the where-do-i-put-my-cookie-jars again question so that I didn't even mind about the package name.. silly me.

"Once you start working on something, don't be afraid of failure and don't abandon it. People who work sincerely are the happiest"
Offline Marvin Fröhlich

« Reply #4 - Posted 2006-11-14 23:42:47 »

Ah yeah you're right Marvin I was soo sure it was the where-do-i-put-my-cookie-jars again question so that I didn't even mind about the package name.. silly me.

Well... Happens sometimes. Could have been me Wink.
Offline Amos Wenger

« Reply #5 - Posted 2006-11-14 23:47:36 »

Well... Happens sometimes. Could have been me Wink.
Luckily enough we are several to work on Xith3D.

Offline rafa_es

« Reply #6 - Posted 2006-11-15 22:25:13 »

PS : you're spanish ? then you can make a spanish xith user group with rafa_es ^^

Hi Amos

Sorry to disappoint you but i'm from Brazil and we speak portuguese Wink

But i do speak a little spanish

Rafael

PS: I am a little off the forum now but i'll be back in a couple weeks. ( I am finishing my monograph)
Offline Nozing

Junior Newbie

« Reply #7 - Posted 2006-11-16 10:20:49 »

Ok, thanks to everybody.

This is working  Grin and now I'm going to fight against ODEJava.

Really, thank you very much.  Cheesy

Offline Amos Wenger

« Reply #8 - Posted 2006-11-17 15:28:57 »

Aoww sorry for the culture crossover ^^ I have difficulties to distinguish spanish and portuguese (cf. your code)

PS: I am a little off the forum now but i'll be back in a couple weeks. ( I am finishing my monograph)
Hey great!

Ok, thanks to everybody.
This is working  Grin
You're welcome..

and now I'm going to fight against ODEJava.
Well good luck. If you have any question about it, do ask (I worked with and on ODEJava a few years ago). Just a question, have you considered JOODE ? Last time I tested it it seemed pretty stable/useable : http://joode.sourceforge.net/

Offline rafa_es

« Reply #9 - Posted 2006-11-17 16:28:15 »

Aoww sorry for the culture crossover ^^ I have difficulties to distinguish spanish and portuguese (cf. your code)

NP, Some words are similar in both languages ^^

Rafael
Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline Marvin Fröhlich

« Reply #10 - Posted 2006-11-18 03:33:15 »

Ok, thanks to everybody.

This is working  Grin and now I'm going to fight against ODEJava.

Really, thank you very much.  Cheesy

You're welcome Smiley.
Offline Nozing

Junior Newbie

« Reply #11 - Posted 2006-11-23 16:47:11 »

and now I'm going to fight against ODEJava.
Well good luck. If you have any question about it, do ask (I worked with and on ODEJava a few years ago). Just a question, have you considered JOODE ? Last time I tested it it seemed pretty stable/useable : http://joode.sourceforge.net/

I think JOODE is dead. There isn't any documentation and I don't find sources anywhere...

Anyway, thanks for the advice! See you!
Offline Amos Wenger

« Reply #12 - Posted 2006-11-23 17:40:29 »

I think JOODE is dead. There isn't any documentation and I don't find sources anywhere...

Anyway, thanks for the advice! See you!
I'm sure JOODE is not dead. There isn't any doc, true, but its mostly a port of ODE, + other goodies..

And for the sources, as for all young projects, it can be found on its SVN : http://sourceforge.net/svn/?group_id=151965
(You can access SVN from Eclipse with Subclipse : http://subclipse.tigris.org/

I advise you to try and use it ^^

Oh and if you could from now post on the new Xith3D forums : http://www.xith.org/forum/ That would please JGO guys ^^

Pages: [1]
  ignore  |  Print  

You cannot reply to this message, because it is very, very old.

Add your game by posting it in the WIP section,
or publish it in Showcase.

The first screenshot will be displayed as a thumbnail.

xsi3rr4x (57 views)
2014-04-15 18:08:23

BurntPizza (55 views)
2014-04-15 03:46:01

UprightPath (68 views)
2014-04-14 17:39:50

UprightPath (51 views)
2014-04-14 17:35:47

Porlus (68 views)
2014-04-14 15:48:38

tom_mai78101 (94 views)
2014-04-10 04:04:31

BurntPizza (154 views)
2014-04-08 23:06:04

tom_mai78101 (249 views)
2014-04-05 13:34:39

trollwarrior1 (205 views)
2014-04-04 12:06:45

CJLetsGame (213 views)
2014-04-01 02:16:10
List of Learning Resources
by SHC
2014-04-18 03:17:39

List of Learning Resources
by Longarmx
2014-04-08 03:14:44

Good Examples
by matheus23
2014-04-05 13:51:37

Good Examples
by Grunnt
2014-04-03 15:48:46

Good Examples
by Grunnt
2014-04-03 15:48:37

Good Examples
by matheus23
2014-04-01 18:40:51

Good Examples
by matheus23
2014-04-01 18:40:34

Anonymous/Local/Inner class gotchas
by Roquen
2014-03-11 15:22:30
java-gaming.org is not responsible for the content posted by its members, including references to external websites, and other references that may or may not have a relation with our primarily gaming and game production oriented community. inquiries and complaints can be sent via email to the info‑account of the company managing the website of java‑gaming.org