Games in Android Showcase (106)
games submitted by our members
Games in WIP (531)
games currently in development
News: Read the Java Gaming Resources, or peek at the official Java tutorials

Home     Help   Search   Login   Register   
Pages: [1]
  ignore  |  Print  
  xith (possible regression...could be my fault)  (Read 2639 times)
Offline hawkwind

Java games rock!

« Posted 2006-11-08 02:51:16 »

I am seeing these exceptions when running my code but not when running the example HUD3DTest...I have no idea whats happening...anyone else see this???

java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid entry size (expected 238 but got 148 bytes)
   at java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.readEnd(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
   at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(Unknown Source)
   at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(Unknown Source)
   at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
   at javax.imageio.stream.FileCacheImageInputStream.readUntil(Unknown Source)
   at javax.imageio.stream.FileCacheImageInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
   at com.sun.imageio.plugins.common.SubImageInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
   at com.sun.imageio.plugins.common.InputStreamAdapter.read(Unknown Source)
   at java.io.SequenceInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream.fill(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
   at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(Unknown Source)
   at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
   at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
   at com.sun.imageio.plugins.png.PNGImageReader.decodePass(Unknown Source)
   at com.sun.imageio.plugins.png.PNGImageReader.decodeImage(Unknown Source)
   at com.sun.imageio.plugins.png.PNGImageReader.readImage(Unknown Source)
   at com.sun.imageio.plugins.png.PNGImageReader.read(Unknown Source)
   at org.xith3d.loaders.texture.TextureLoader.loadFromStream(TextureLoader.java:467)
   at org.xith3d.loaders.texture.TextureLoader.loadFromStream(TextureLoader.java:565)
   at org.xith3d.loaders.texture.TextureLoader.getTexture(TextureLoader.java:681)
   at org.xith3d.loaders.texture.TextureLoader.getTexture(TextureLoader.java:781)
   at org.xith3d.loaders.texture.TextureLoader.getTexture(TextureLoader.java:795)
   at org.xith3d.ui.hud.base.LabeledStateButton$Description.setTexture(LabeledStateButton.java:75)
   at org.xith3d.ui.hud.utils.WidgetTheme.getCheckBoxDescription(WidgetTheme.java:310)
   at org.xith3d.ui.hud.widgets.Checkbox.<init>(Checkbox.java:170)

javax.imageio.IIOException: Error reading PNG image data
   at com.sun.imageio.plugins.png.PNGImageReader.readImage(Unknown Source)
   at com.sun.imageio.plugins.png.PNGImageReader.read(Unknown Source)
   at org.xith3d.loaders.texture.TextureLoader.loadFromStream(TextureLoader.java:467)
   at org.xith3d.loaders.texture.TextureLoader.loadFromStream(TextureLoader.java:565)
   at org.xith3d.loaders.texture.TextureLoader.getTexture(TextureLoader.java:681)
   at org.xith3d.loaders.texture.TextureLoader.getTexture(TextureLoader.java:781)
   at org.xith3d.loaders.texture.TextureLoader.getTexture(TextureLoader.java:795)
   at org.xith3d.ui.hud.base.LabeledStateButton$Description.setTexture(LabeledStateButton.java:75)
   at org.xith3d.ui.hud.utils.WidgetTheme.getCheckBoxDescription(WidgetTheme.java:310)
   at org.xith3d.ui.hud.widgets.Checkbox.<init>(Checkbox.java:170)

Offline Riven
« League of Dukes »

JGO Overlord

Medals: 742
Projects: 4
Exp: 16 years

Hand over your head.

« Reply #1 - Posted 2006-11-08 03:05:22 »

Yeah... lets make a new thread for every bug you encounter.

This isn't a Xith3D-only forum you know... it's kinda annoying to see the 'unread' posts spammed like this.

Hi, appreciate more people! Σ ♥ = ¾
Learn how to award medals... and work your way up the social rankings
Offline kevglass

JGO Kernel

Medals: 120
Projects: 23
Exp: 18 years

Coder, Trainee Pixel Artist, Game Reviewer

« Reply #2 - Posted 2006-11-08 03:32:09 »

Maybe Xith could get forums on the Xith site for the internal stuff we've been seeing recently.

Since I'm using posts since last visit for the working Mark As Read functionality I can't help but agree with Riven on this one.

Someone else suggested being able to "ignore" certain forums, but I'm still quite interested to see the actual news for Xith, just not the nitty gritty everyday stuff Smiley

Kev

Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline hawkwind

Java games rock!

« Reply #3 - Posted 2006-11-08 03:37:52 »

Defects are defects...there is no BUG specific place to write this stuff.  In my world you report defects individually.....

Suggest a better approach??

This isn't a Xith3D-only forum you know... it's kinda annoying to see the 'unread' posts spammed like this.

I ...errr...think...uhhmm...the title suggests that this is...err...a xith specific forum.

The other reason for posting defects is to help people decide when to pull new releases.  If a user is experiencing significant problems then some may decide to delay updates....  The posted problem consitute a significant degradation of functionality, for me at least.

Just read kevglass response but still hold to the above, the errors identified represent of problem to this community, there is not an altenate approach as yet so what is a better approach??  Uncertain of the meaning here...

Since I'm using posts since last visit for the working Mark As Read functionality I can't help but agree with Riven on this one.
Offline Marvin Fröhlich

May the 4th, be with you...

« Reply #4 - Posted 2006-11-08 13:07:00 »

Actually this is a Xith3D only forum. But I do agree, that this exception could have been reported in this thread, if you meant that Wink.

Maybe Xith could get forums on the Xith site for the internal stuff we've been seeing recently.

Maybe the bug tracker system on sourceforge could do the job. But I prefer to have everything at one place: the forum.

I do, too. But I sneak every day. So it is not too hard, if there're 6 or 7 unread-marks one day Smiley.

Marvin
Offline renanse

Intelligence is light to a dark world.

« Reply #5 - Posted 2006-11-08 16:29:56 »

Considering how often these JGO forums go down or are unreachable, you might actually benefit from having your own separate forum over at xith.org.  I know it seems to be useful for us at least.  *shrug*

Renanse  (ruh-NON-say)
Offline Amos Wenger

Everything's possible, but not everything's fun...

« Reply #6 - Posted 2006-11-08 16:51:15 »

Marvin, the forum is JGO, Xith3D is a sub-board
Kev, Renanse, Riven : I thought about doing a separate forum but until now the traffic didn't required it. Now maybe I'll set one up.
Bug tracking on sf.net seems okay for me, yet sf forum software is soooooooooooooo crappy

"Once you start working on something, don't be afraid of failure and don't abandon it. People who work sincerely are the happiest"
Offline hawkwind

Java games rock!

« Reply #7 - Posted 2006-11-08 17:43:04 »

The problem with a separate forum is reduced veiwership.  N people will goto site 1, <N people will also view site 2.

I at least monitor thing periodically but do not update rapidly due to changing API etc, seeing users having a problem, or the converse seeing no problems, affects when I update.  So basically "in your face" probem reporting works for me. 

I am sorry but my using a couple of entries of the most recent posts seems down right trivial....
Offline kevglass

JGO Kernel

« Reply #8 - Posted 2006-11-08 18:22:43 »

I am sorry but my using a couple of entries of the most recent posts seems down right trivial....

Don't be sorry, things like that will of course always be subjective. From my point of view the regression bugs are trivial to the JGO community and really don't make sense here - it's just noise. Nature of opinion of course, it can differ.

Kev

Offline hawkwind

Java games rock!

« Reply #9 - Posted 2006-11-08 18:25:24 »

strangley enough...I respect your opinion..even though i don't know you...odd how that works...

I worse case I will compress probs into a single post
Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline kevglass

JGO Kernel

« Reply #10 - Posted 2006-11-08 18:26:50 »

Heh, if everyone here (on JGO) would just start taking posts as well as you've just done - in the spirit intended, we'd save an awful lot of time. Smiley

Kev

Offline Riven
« League of Dukes »

JGO Overlord

Medals: 742
Projects: 4
Exp: 16 years

Hand over your head.

« Reply #11 - Posted 2006-11-08 18:29:38 »

I ...errr...think...uhhmm...the title suggests that this is...err...a xith specific forum.

Actually this is a Xith3D only forum. But I do agree, that this exception could have been reported in this thread, if you meant that .

I thought this was java-gaming.org, not xith.org !

If you really didn't understand what I meant with 'forum' (not meaning sub-forum) well.... so be it.

Hi, appreciate more people! Σ ♥ = ¾
Learn how to award medals... and work your way up the social rankings
Offline Marvin Fröhlich

May the 4th, be with you...

« Reply #12 - Posted 2006-11-08 20:00:21 »

Marvin, the forum is JGO, Xith3D is a sub-board

No Smiley
JGO is the board, the Xtih3D part ist a forum in (or on) the board. Maybe you could see the "Java Games APIs" section as a sub-board, don't know...

Kev, Renanse, Riven : I thought about doing a separate forum but until now the traffic didn't required it. Now maybe I'll set one up.
Bug tracking on sf.net seems okay for me, yet sf forum software is soooooooooooooo crappy

If you do, please don't use the board software used on JGO. It's certainly the worst I've ever seen. I don't know, if vBulletin is available for free, but it's a quite good software. I've created my own board software, which I use on forceusers. There might be one or the other error. Haven't worked on it for a year. But it has become really cool and intuitive. And it's similar to vBulletin in view.

Marvin
Offline Amos Wenger

Everything's possible, but not everything's fun...

« Reply #13 - Posted 2006-11-09 18:32:26 »

If you do, please don't use the board software used on JGO. It's certainly the worst I've ever seen. I don't know, if vBulletin is available for free, but it's a quite good software. I've created my own board software, which I use on forceusers. There might be one or the other error. Haven't worked on it for a year. But it has become really cool and intuitive. And it's similar to vBulletin in view.
I must disagree.. SMF is by far the best forum software I even tried (and I tried pretty many of them). vBulletin, AFAIK and IIRC is commercial.
SMF is the best for administration, probably user interface (the fact it's buggy on JGO does not mean it cannot be done right), themes and all. We use it on MagicSpark.org without problem. (Note : i don't post a link cause our web host has put us offline.. we're still investigating  Grin ).

I think SMF with a Joomla bridge will do it perfectly well.

"Once you start working on something, don't be afraid of failure and don't abandon it. People who work sincerely are the happiest"
Pages: [1]
  ignore  |  Print  

You cannot reply to this message, because it is very, very old.

Add your game by posting it in the WIP section,
or publish it in Showcase.

The first screenshot will be displayed as a thumbnail.

pw (13 views)
2014-07-24 01:59:36

Riven (13 views)
2014-07-23 21:16:32

Riven (13 views)
2014-07-23 21:07:15

Riven (14 views)
2014-07-23 20:56:16

ctomni231 (43 views)
2014-07-18 06:55:21

Zero Volt (39 views)
2014-07-17 23:47:54

danieldean (32 views)
2014-07-17 23:41:23

MustardPeter (35 views)
2014-07-16 23:30:00

Cero (50 views)
2014-07-16 00:42:17

Riven (50 views)
2014-07-14 18:02:53
HotSpot Options
by dleskov
2014-07-08 03:59:08

Java and Game Development Tutorials
by SwordsMiner
2014-06-14 00:58:24

Java and Game Development Tutorials
by SwordsMiner
2014-06-14 00:47:22

How do I start Java Game Development?
by ra4king
2014-05-17 11:13:37

HotSpot Options
by Roquen
2014-05-15 09:59:54

HotSpot Options
by Roquen
2014-05-06 15:03:10

Escape Analysis
by Roquen
2014-04-29 22:16:43

Experimental Toys
by Roquen
2014-04-28 13:24:22
java-gaming.org is not responsible for the content posted by its members, including references to external websites, and other references that may or may not have a relation with our primarily gaming and game production oriented community. inquiries and complaints can be sent via email to the info‑account of the company managing the website of java‑gaming.org