Long time till I have last posted on javagaming, but I'm still reading it often...
First, some informal introduction, to get your attention:
I'm working for a development team responsible for investment banking area for one of the biggest Germany banks. We are looking for few very smart people to help us with new project, which will be completly cutting edge in that area - and while I'm not allowed to disclose more details in public, requirements will be quite similar to very optimized game server code
We are using normal recruitment channels to look for the people, but I thought that maybe trying on javagaming makes more sense - I know quite a lot people here I would really like to see in our team...
Good and bad:
- we are really pushing java to the edge, using custom heavily multithreaded framework - you will get to know more about java 5 memory model then you want to...
- you need to move to Germany (Frankfurt am Main) for a longer period of time (at least 1 year, preferably more)
- commonly used language is English (kind of English, nobody so far is a native speaker), team is quite international, no knowledge of German is required
- money is good as for the Germany, but not over-the-top like in some other investment banking offers - main attraction here is a project, not the salary
- no experience with financial/investment world is required; it is quite good opportunity to bootstrap yourself into that area
- there might be some work involving support of legacy software; we need to keep the business happy while we are developing the BIG THING
Sorry for being bit scarce on details - if you have any questions, please contact me in private, I'll be able to tell a bit more. Please send your CV to abies at adres dot pl - no cover letter required if you are one of the 'big names' on java-gaming.org...
Below I'm attaching our 'official' job profile, which is not yet specialized for a new project (just generic ad we post sometimes to get a person for our team). This can give you a general idea of our 'legacy' applications scope.
We are looking for a new person for our Global Trading & Pricing team. We are
responsible for all pricing and contribution of derivatives finance products
and for all the trading applications used by the Equity Derivatives business
line. Applications are developed in C++, Java on Solaris server with use of a
Knowledge of german is not required -common language in both development and
trading teams is english.
- very good knowledge of either C++ or Java (both preferred, but not required)
- intermediate knowledge of SQL
- basic knowledge of unix environment
- being able to communicate in English within working environment
- willingness to move to Frankfurt for a long period of time (at least one year)
- IT-related education
- being able to work as a part of the team
Knowledge about the following would be beneficial:
- Unix scripting languages (tcl, perl)
- real-time systems
- option pricing
We offer a good salary according to European standards, a nice working
environment, being able to work with cutting edge banking/trading technologies
and a good social package. You will be able to extend your skills by working
on challenging projects and by taking part in trainings both inside and
outside of bank.