Download build.xml and local.xml and put into make directory. Edit local.xml to point to correct places (antlr jar library and jdk home). Type in 'ant', wait 2 minutes and look into build directory.
This is preliminary version of build file. Known problems:
- only win32/mingw32 combo at the moment, absolutely NO support for other systems (but you can run makefile there)
- a bit too eager to recompile files, I will need to check dependencies exactly
- output too verbose in some places, not verbose enough in others; but we can add needed echos later
- native code compilation is currently a bit hardcoded - some things should be moved to properties
- DLL DOESN'T WORK !!! I'm able to compile to object files and link dll, but it cannot resolve reference to jawt.dll on runtime - more on that below
I have taken jar files compiled with this ant file and run both Gears and Vertex demos with Mind2Machine dll with no problems. Unfortunately, every dll I have managed to build myself was failing with
Probably I'm missing something simple with build parameters, but I have hit dead end. For details, please check comment at end of build.xml file.
As you may note, I'm producing two jars here - jogl.jar and jogl-small.jar. They are 414, 312 kb long, -small one is without DebugGL and TraceGL classes. Probably doesn't make sense in long run, but I wanted to check how big these two classes are in entire picture.
I have split build file into two parts - build.xml and local.xml. My idea is that user will never have to modify build.xml - all computer-related properties should go to local.xml. In CVS, I would image something like local-sample.xml instead, and .cvsignore for local.xml - so everybody can copy sample to local.xml and modify paramaters without signalling CVS outcoming changes.
Your turn now - I'll not have time to play with it for next 20 hours, so if anybody can fix any of above problems (especially dll), please post a note here.