Digital Artist Management is currently assisting a high profile Orange County game development studio in there search for a solid VU Graphics Engineer for a new original First Person Shooter franchise for the next generation consoles. This group already employs a solid engineering staff, but they are looking for a few more additions to ensure it remains second to none.
This Southern California developer is located in a prime beach area. They are committed to supplying its team with the best resources available as well as providing excellent salaries, bonuses, benefits and relocation assistance (if necessary).
This VU Graphics Engineer will play a significant role in executing the vision of this next generation IP.
VU GRAPHICS ENGINEER
• MUST HAVE 3+ YEARS OF GAME INDUSTRY OR RELATED PROGRAMMING EXPERIENCE
• Passion for games and game development
• Refactor existing micro codes for PS2
• Implement graphic design features.
• Support graphic content pipeline on PS2, XBOX and GameCube
• Write graphic creation tools
• Build an effect system in game
• Fulfill PS2 Technical Requirement Checklist requirements
• Work with and maintain a set of proprietary application tools
• Strong C++/C programming skills
• Detail knowledge about PS2 hardware and microcode
• Advanced 3D graphic background for console platforms including being well-versed in lighting, shadows, animation, particle system
• Proven experience having facilitated game engineering process by turning abstract game concepts into real tangible tasks
• Ability to distill complex systems into easy to understand diagrams, charts, and storyboards
• Object oriented design skills: can break down complex systems into modules and define interfaces
• Computer Science or related degree (e.g., Math or Engineering) preferred
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume in Word format to: