Games in Android Showcase (127)
games submitted by our members
Games in WIP (589)
games currently in development
News: Read the Java Gaming Resources, or peek at the official Java tutorials

Home     Help   Search   Login   Register   
Pages: [1] 2
  ignore  |  Print  
  jogl 1.1.1 poor performance  (Read 4380 times)
Offline bigor

Senior Newbie

« Posted 2006-01-24 10:02:56 »

I used old jogb binaries, from 2003. my game works fine with it. Then I decided to switch to latest jogl release, and I was surprised with much worse performance. Why is this ? shouldn't newer release perform better?
Offline cylab

JGO Ninja

Medals: 55

« Reply #1 - Posted 2006-01-24 20:07:36 »

You most probably getting software rendering. Try the following code:
System.out.println("Vendor: " + gl.glGetString(GL.GL_VENDOR));
System.out.println("Renderer: " + gl.glGetString(GL.GL_RENDERER));

what does it say?

Do you set any GLCapabilities or are you using the defaults?

Mathias - I Know What [you] Did Last Summer!
Offline eranb

Junior Newbie

Java games rock!

« Reply #2 - Posted 2006-01-24 23:07:17 »

We had problems of very slow performance on Thinkpad T42 using ATI mobility 7500 when used JOGL 1.1.1
Reverting to 1.1b12 solved the problem.
We still don't understand why.
Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline bigor

Senior Newbie

« Reply #3 - Posted 2006-01-25 15:19:07 »

cylab, why should I get software rendering with jogl 1.1.1 but not with old jogl ? my code is same. I use default GLCapabilities.
Offline Ken Russell

JGO Coder

Java games rock!

« Reply #4 - Posted 2006-01-25 15:44:51 »

I don't know exactly what could be causing the poor pixel format selection behavior with JOGL 1.1.1 but that tree is no longer being maintained. Please upgrade to the current JSR-231 APIs. There are not that many application changes required, mainly renaming net.java.games.jogl to javax.media.opengl, renaming GLDrawable to GLAutoDrawable, and some minor changes like how GLU and GLCanvas objects are created. If the problem persists with JSR-231 (or the demos.gears.Gears demo from the JSR-231 release shows the same kind of slowdown) please file a bug and attach a test case.
Offline eranb

Junior Newbie

Java games rock!

« Reply #5 - Posted 2006-01-26 22:35:51 »

When is a next version expected (JSR-231 based) ?
Offline drslinky1500

Senior Newbie

« Reply #6 - Posted 2006-01-27 05:37:04 »

Hi

I am having the same problems. The problem is, that when using either jogl1.1 using the latest build of the jsr231, or when using the 2006 beta of jsr, my rendering is done with software via Mesa. When I run glxinfo I find that I have dri properly installed with the direct rendering line being yes (meaning hardware rendering is working).

I can then, install an older version of jogl (1.0 or less), and on the same code I used with jogl1.1, and I get my radeon card as the rendering device.

Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
     Renderer: RADEON 9000 DDR Generic

I also come up with the exact same problem on my laptop. The same old jogl library works, and none of the new ones will do hardware rendering.

Thus the slow down is software rendering, but it's on a system that shouldn't be troubled with software rendering. Is this a bug or is there a parameter I can enter at the command line, or a line of code I can enter to try and force it into hardware rendering?

Anyway, I hope this helps narrow down the problem.

BTW, My OS is ubuntu breezy. I have tried this on both jdk1.5 and on blackdown1.4.2. They as well, come up with the same results in every situation. Command line, eclipse, or netbeans, same result. I do have JBuilder available but I don't see that changing anything.
Offline bigor

Senior Newbie

« Reply #7 - Posted 2006-01-27 15:50:14 »

So, Ken, you claim that if I upgrade my app to jsr 231 release, it will run as fast as with old jogl or better ?
How stabile is new release?
Offline quintesse

Junior Devvie

Java games rock!

« Reply #8 - Posted 2006-01-27 18:17:41 »

No, I think what Ken says that you should try the new version because... well because it's newer basically. So your problem might be fixed and if it's not they might want to know as much detail as possible so they can fix it (probably before they go public). I think Ken just wanted to point out that the old version is not maintained anymore so at some time in the future you're going to have to switch anyway, better do it now when they try to get all the bugs out before a release.

How stable it is in comparison I don't know, I used beta 1 without any problems but YMMV of course.
Offline drslinky1500

Senior Newbie

« Reply #9 - Posted 2006-01-27 20:59:28 »

Yes, definately upgrade and see what happens.

I quit using jogl before all these problems and was busy doing some application programming and working with the netcat program, and now that I am back to trying to get my game to working, I am quite dissapointed with myself that I was not available to report these problems several versions ago.  If you too have rendering problems with the jsr, you can report it, and it might get fixed.

The gears demo is running at 15 fps on mesa with a fully functional Radeon 9000 standing idly by, and my game code is now a slideshow on any library beyond 1.1. This is a good library though, I have coded a little in lwjgl, but I perfer the jogl approach, and I really like the new packaging. I am very anxious to try it out with hardware rendering and see the performance difference. I want to see how the new animator works.

I may be overstating the obvious here, but it seems the linux native package is not identifying properly with xorg 8.2 and dri. Come to think of it, I believe I installed the ATI binary drivers on one machine. I will have to research this more. Anyway, I know the laptop is rendering via the dri package.

Games published by our own members! Check 'em out!
Legends of Yore - The Casual Retro Roguelike
Offline Ken Russell

JGO Coder

Java games rock!

« Reply #10 - Posted 2006-01-29 05:26:02 »

Can you please help us track down what is going wrong? All of the pixel format selection code has been substantially rewritten over the last year or so and seems to be working on the machines we test on, though obviously not on yours.

Can you please try to set up a build of the JOGL source tree on your machine? This involves checking out the gluegen and jogl projects from java.net via CVS, setting up gluegen.properties and jogl.properties in your home dir, and downloading Ant and ANTLR.

I don't have a functional X11 ATI-based machine any more. If you can help us put in some code in your local build of JOGL to track down the differences in behavior we can fix it in the current development build.
Offline drslinky1500

Senior Newbie

« Reply #11 - Posted 2006-01-29 20:17:42 »

I'd be happy to.

I am in the middle of a project right now and cannot get to it this weekend however, but either some time this week, or some time this coming weekend I will be sure to do this, and post feedback to this forum or any other means of communication you prefer.

Just let me know if there is anything else I need to know about checking out code from you cvs server.

Thanks for your time.

Greg
Offline jcox

Junior Newbie

Java games rock!

« Reply #12 - Posted 2006-01-31 12:12:33 »

Hi

I am having the same problems. The problem is, that when using either jogl1.1 using the latest build of the jsr231, or when using the 2006 beta of jsr, my rendering is done with software via Mesa. When I run glxinfo I find that I have dri properly installed with the direct rendering line being yes (meaning hardware rendering is working).

BTW, My OS is ubuntu breezy. I have tried this on both jdk1.5 and on blackdown1.4.2. They as well, come up with the same results in every situation. Command line, eclipse, or netbeans, same result. I do have JBuilder available but I don't see that changing anything.

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue with Ubuntu Breezy on a Dell Latitute 200C ( Intel 830 graphics IIRC ).
LWJGL is hardware rendered.  I've tried jsr231 builds up to 22-Dec-05 with the same problem.

jc
Offline Ken Russell

JGO Coder

Java games rock!

« Reply #13 - Posted 2006-01-31 17:14:03 »

I have exactly the same issue with Ubuntu Breezy on a Dell Latitute 200C ( Intel 830 graphics IIRC ).
LWJGL is hardware rendered.  I've tried jsr231 builds up to 22-Dec-05 with the same problem.
[/quote[

If I send you some test builds of JOGL and LWJGL with some instrumentation could you run them and send back the results? If so, could you contact me via email at kbr at dev java net?
Offline drslinky1500

Senior Newbie

« Reply #14 - Posted 2006-02-01 19:32:46 »

OK

Today I pulled from cvs gluegen and jogl.

Gluegen compiled fine.

JOGL Failed, here is the explanation it gave me, there are warning too, if you need them let me know.

BUILD FAILED
/home/project/src/jogl/make/build.xml:1162: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/project/src/jogl/make/build.xml:831: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/project/src/jogl/make/build.xml:787: gcc failed with return code 1

Thanks

Greg
Offline Ken Russell

JGO Coder

Java games rock!

« Reply #15 - Posted 2006-02-01 23:22:03 »

Could you please post the actual compiler errors that came out of gcc? They should be higher up in the output. You may need to pipe the output from ant to a text file because as I recall there are thousands of warnings during the compilation process.
Offline drslinky1500

Senior Newbie

« Reply #16 - Posted 2006-02-01 23:42:12 »

Ok

Here is all the output from the build.

Buildfile: build.xml

gluegen.cpptasks.detect.os:
     [echo] FreeBSD=${isFreeBSD}
     [echo] IA64=${isIA64}
     [echo] Linux=true
     [echo] LinuxAMD64=${isLinuxAMD64}
     [echo] LinuxIA64=${isLinuxIA64}
     [echo] LinuxX86=true
     [echo] OS X=${isOSX}
     [echo] Solaris=${isSolaris}
     [echo] Unix=true
     [echo] Windows=${isWindows}
     [echo] X11=true

base.init:

load.user.properties:
     [echo] Loaded /home/project/jogl.properties.
     [echo] Loaded /home/project/gluegen.properties.
     [echo] antlr.jar=/usr/share/java/antlr.jar

setup.java.home.dir.nonmacosx:

setup.java.home.dir.macosx:

setup.java.home.dir:

gluegen.cpptasks.detect.compiler:
     [echo] VC6=${isVC6}
     [echo] VC7=${isVC7}
     [echo] VC8=${isVC8}
     [echo] MingW=${isMingW}

declare.common:

init:

antlr.jar.validate:

java.home.dir.validate:

java.class.path.validate:

validate:

declare.win32.vc6:

declare.win32.vc7:

declare.win32.vc8:

declare.win32.mingw:

declare.win32:

declare.linux.x86:
     [echo] Linux.x86

declare.linux.amd64:

declare.linux.ia64:

declare.x11:

declare.linux:

declare.solaris:

declare.macosx:

declare.freebsd:

declare:

all:

gluegen.cpptasks.detect.os:

base.init:

load.user.properties:

setup.java.home.dir.nonmacosx:

setup.java.home.dir.macosx:

setup.java.home.dir:

gluegen.cpptasks.detect.compiler:
     [echo] VC6=${isVC6}
     [echo] VC7=${isVC7}
     [echo] VC8=${isVC8}
     [echo] MingW=${isMingW}

declare.common:

init:

antlr.jar.validate:

java.home.dir.validate:

validate:

build.gluegen:

load.user.properties:
     [echo] Loaded /home/project/gluegen.properties.
     [echo] antlr.jar=/usr/share/java/antlr.jar

init:

antlr.jar.validate:

validate:

gluegen.build:

generate.c.grammar:

generate.c.grammar.glib:

generate.c.grammar:

generate.c.grammar.glib:

generate.c.grammar.glib:

all:
    [unjar] Expanding: /home/project/src/gluegen/build/gluegen-rt.jar into /home/project/src/jogl/build/classes

java.generate.check:

java.generate:

java.generate.cg.check:

java.generate.cg:

java.compile:

java.compile.composable.pipeline.check:

java.compile.composable.pipeline:
    [javac] Compiling 2 source files to /home/project/src/jogl/build/classes

check-RIcond:

cond-if-RImanifest:

cond-else-RImanifest:
      [jar] Building jar: /home/project/src/jogl/build/jogl.jar

jar:

c.build.jogl.core:

c.configure:

c.build:
     [echo] Output lib name = jogl
       [cc] Starting dependency analysis for 4 files.
       [cc] 4 files are up to date.
       [cc] 0 files to be recompiled from dependency analysis.
       [cc] 1 total files to be compiled.
       [cc] cc1: warning: command line option "-fno-rtti" is valid for C++/ObjC++ but not for C
       [cc] In file included from /home/project/src/jogl/make/stub_includes/opengl/GL/glx.h:307,
       [cc]                  from /home/project/src/jogl/build/gensrc/native/jogl/GLX_JNI.c:10:
       [cc] /home/project/src/jogl/make/stub_includes/opengl/GL/glxext.h:119:1: warning: "GLX_SAMPLE_BUFFERS" redefined
       [cc] In file included from /home/project/src/jogl/build/gensrc/native/jogl/GLX_JNI.c:10:
       [cc] /home/project/src/jogl/make/stub_includes/opengl/GL/glx.h:180:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
       [cc] In file included from /home/project/src/jogl/make/stub_includes/opengl/GL/glx.h:307,
       [cc]                  from /home/project/src/jogl/build/gensrc/native/jogl/GLX_JNI.c:10:
       [cc] /home/project/src/jogl/make/stub_includes/opengl/GL/glxext.h:120:1: warning: "GLX_SAMPLES" redefined
       [cc] In file included from /home/project/src/jogl/build/gensrc/native/jogl/GLX_JNI.c:10:
       [cc] /home/project/src/jogl/make/stub_includes/opengl/GL/glx.h:181:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
       [cc] /home/project/src/jogl/build/gensrc/native/jogl/GLX_JNI.c:20:40: error: X11/extensions/xf86vmode.h: No such file or directory
       [cc] /home/project/src/jogl/build/gensrc/native/jogl/GLX_JNI.c: In function ‘Java_com_sun_opengl_impl_x11_GLX_dlsym’:
       [cc] /home/project/src/jogl/build/gensrc/native/jogl/GLX_JNI.c:64: warning: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness
       [cc] /home/project/src/jogl/build/gensrc/native/jogl/GLX_JNI.c:65: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of ‘dlsym’ differ in signedness
       [cc] /home/project/src/jogl/build/gensrc/native/jogl/GLX_JNI.c:66: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 3 of ‘(*env)->ReleaseStringUTFChars’ differ in signedness
       [cc] /home/project/src/jogl/build/gensrc/native/jogl/GLX_JNI.c: In function ‘Java_com_sun_opengl_impl_x11_GLX_glXGetProcAddressARB__Ljava_lang_String_2’:       [cc] /home/project/src/jogl/build/gensrc/native/jogl/GLX_JNI.c:1082: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
       [cc] /home/project/src/jogl/build/gensrc/native/jogl/GLX_JNI.c: In function ‘Java_com_sun_opengl_impl_x11_GLX_dispatch_1glXGetSelectedEvent0__JJLjava_lang_Object_2IJ’:
       [cc] /home/project/src/jogl/build/gensrc/native/jogl/GLX_JNI.c:1104: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 3 of ‘ptr_glXGetSelectedEvent’ differ in signedness
       [cc] /home/project/src/jogl/build/gensrc/native/jogl/GLX_JNI.c: In function ‘Java_com_sun_opengl_impl_x11_GLX_dispatch_1glXGetSelectedEvent1__JJLjava_lang_Object_2IJ’:
       [cc] /home/project/src/jogl/build/gensrc/native/jogl/GLX_JNI.c:1122: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 3 of ‘ptr_glXGetSelectedEvent’ differ in signedness
       [cc] /home/project/src/jogl/build/gensrc/native/jogl/GLX_JNI.c: In function ‘Java_com_sun_opengl_impl_x11_GLX_dispatch_1glXQueryDrawable0__JJILjava_lang_Object_2IJ’:
       [cc] /home/project/src/jogl/build/gensrc/native/jogl/GLX_JNI.c:1343: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 4 of ‘ptr_glXQueryDrawable’ differ in signedness
       [cc] /home/project/src/jogl/build/gensrc/native/jogl/GLX_JNI.c: In function ‘Java_com_sun_opengl_impl_x11_GLX_dispatch_1glXQueryDrawable1__JJILjava_lang_Object_2IJ’:
       [cc] /home/project/src/jogl/build/gensrc/native/jogl/GLX_JNI.c:1361: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 4 of ‘ptr_glXQueryDrawable’ differ in signedness

BUILD FAILED
/home/project/src/jogl/make/build.xml:1162: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/project/src/jogl/make/build.xml:831: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/project/src/jogl/make/build.xml:787: gcc failed with return code 1

Total time: 20 seconds
Offline Ken Russell

JGO Coder

Java games rock!

« Reply #17 - Posted 2006-02-02 01:28:21 »

In make/glx-CustomCCode.c, near the top of the file, change the "#ifndef __sun" to "#if 0", then "ant clean" and "ant".

One of my colleagues got ATI's latest drivers running on a Linux box in one of our labs. I ran some tests on it and modulo a bug in JOGL's pbuffer support (actually a workaround for a bug in ATI's drivers), now fixed, everything ran fine. Before we continue trying to build and hack JOGL, could you please run some sanity checking tests on your machine? The two test cases are attached. The LWJGL test requires LWJGL 0.99. Could you please run both, running the JOGL one against JSR-231 beta 2 or the current nightly build, and post the output, or indicate whether the LWJGL test throws an exception?
Offline drslinky1500

Senior Newbie

« Reply #18 - Posted 2006-02-02 15:27:17 »

With the code change it still would not compile, it made it farther though. I tried a few things but to no good effect.

I will run the tests and post the error Friday. I would have posted it earlier but got busy

Thanks
Offline mekong

Junior Newbie

« Reply #19 - Posted 2006-02-03 17:47:11 »

Just a quick 'me 2' here.
radeon 9000 M9, X11, radeon dri.
Jogl nighties from Feb 01

I ran the tests with dri disabled:
   LWJGL threw exception: Sorry no direct rendering.
With dri, I get different Output, but no exception,
JOGLTest: GL_VENDOR: Mesa project: www.mesa3d.org
JOGLTest: GL_RENDERER: Mesa GLX Indirect
JOGLTest: GL_VERSION: 1.2 (1.5 Mesa 6.4.1)
LWJGLTest: GL_VENDOR: Tungsten Graphics, Inc.
LWJGLTest: GL_RENDERER: Mesa DRI R200 20041207 AGP 4x x86/MMX/SSE2 TCL
LWJGLTest: GL_VERSION: 1.3 Mesa 6.4.1

Maybe related?
Since my upgrade to xorg 7 modular I get a modified glxinfo output
with two different glx versions:

name of display: :0.0
display: :0  screen: 0
direct rendering: Yes
server glx vendor string: SGI
server glx version string: 1.2
server glx extensions:
    GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating,
    GLX_EXT_import_context, GLX_OML_swap_method, GLX_SGI_make_current_read,
    GLX_SGIS_multisample, GLX_SGIX_hyperpipe, GLX_SGIX_swap_barrier,
    GLX_SGIX_fbconfig
client glx vendor string: SGI
client glx version string: 1.4
client glx extensions:
    GLX_ARB_get_proc_address, GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_EXT_import_context,
    GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_MESA_allocate_memory,
    GLX_MESA_swap_control, GLX_MESA_swap_frame_usage, GLX_OML_swap_method,
    GLX_OML_sync_control, GLX_SGI_make_current_read, GLX_SGI_swap_control,
    GLX_SGI_video_sync, GLX_SGIS_multisample, GLX_SGIX_fbconfig,
    GLX_SGIX_pbuffer, GLX_SGIX_visual_select_group
GLX version: 1.2
GLX extensions:
    GLX_ARB_get_proc_address, GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_EXT_import_context,
    GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_MESA_allocate_memory,
    GLX_MESA_swap_control, GLX_MESA_swap_frame_usage, GLX_OML_swap_method,
    GLX_SGI_video_sync, GLX_SGIS_multisample, GLX_SGIX_fbconfig
OpenGL vendor string: Tungsten Graphics, Inc.
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI R200 20041207 AGP 4x x86/MMX/SSE2 TCL
OpenGL version string: 1.3 Mesa 6.4.1
OpenGL extensions:
[...] (lots)

Offline Ken Russell

JGO Coder

Java games rock!

« Reply #20 - Posted 2006-02-03 23:20:58 »

I ran the tests with dri disabled:
   LWJGL threw exception: Sorry no direct rendering.
With dri, I get different Output, but no exception,
JOGLTest: GL_VERSION: 1.2 (1.5 Mesa 6.4.1)
LWJGLTest: GL_RENDERER: Mesa DRI R200 20041207 AGP 4x x86/MMX/SSE2 TCL
LWJGLTest: GL_VERSION: 1.3 Mesa 6.4.1

Are you saying that the above results from JOGL and LWJGL both came from runs done witn DRI enabled? I have a really hard time believing that JOGL would produce an indirect rendering context in the same situation that LWJGL would produce a direct one. The visual selection code is almost identical in the two libraries.
Offline drslinky1500

Senior Newbie

« Reply #21 - Posted 2006-02-04 06:44:42 »

Here are my results.

JOGLTest: GL_VERSION: 1.2 (1.5 Mesa 6.2.1)

LWJGLTest: GL_RENDERER: Mesa DRI Radeon 20050528 AGP 4x x86/MMX+/3DNow!+/SSE NO-TCL
LWJGLTest: GL_VERSION: 1.2 Mesa 6.3.2

I noticed our lines are pretty much identical, my xorg line is pretty well the same too, so I will not post it.

This is on ubuntu breezy, stock kernel, dri, radeon not fglrx kernel module, and glxinfo reports yes on the direct rendering line. I have a radeon mobility U1.

Once I finish setting up slackware on the other partition, I may try a kernel recompile and see what happens. I do have my slackware box nearly set up for testing this on the same computer, so I am going to do that right now.
Offline drslinky1500

Senior Newbie

« Reply #22 - Posted 2006-02-04 07:45:02 »

I just completed both tests on slackware.

Both were hardware accelerated, the only difference was GL_VERSION.

Both were: 1.2 Mesa 6.2.1

I am using a compiled 2.6.13 kernel with dropline gnome, radeon kernel module, dri, and the same hardware as before.
Offline Ken Russell

JGO Coder

Java games rock!

« Reply #23 - Posted 2006-02-04 21:49:01 »

My initial guess is that it has something to do with the default GLCapabilities requesting a color depth larger than your screen's depth. Could you please try the attached JOGLTest2 and see whether it changes the behavior?
Offline drslinky1500

Senior Newbie

« Reply #24 - Posted 2006-02-07 01:43:32 »

Hi

The new test gave me the same indirect rendering lines.

I will continue running test cases as long as I need to.

Thanks

Greg Tedder
Offline Ken Russell

JGO Coder

Java games rock!

« Reply #25 - Posted 2006-02-07 08:17:17 »

I'm still trying to figure out what the heck could be going on. Could you please run the attached test cases? For each one, once it's running, start a new terminal, figure out the process ID of the java process (or one of them) via e.g. "ps -elf | grep java", and "cat /proc/_pid_/maps > lwjgl-output.txt" or "cat /proc/_pid_/maps > jogl-output.txt" depending on the test case and where _pid_ is the process id (or one of them) from the Java process. Also could you please send the output of "ls -l /usr/lib/libGL*" and the full output from glxinfo?

I will probably need to ask you to run at least one more test in addition to all of this. Sorry and thanks in advance.
Offline drslinky1500

Senior Newbie

« Reply #26 - Posted 2006-02-08 07:25:38 »

OK

If I have forgotten something let me know.

Thanks
Offline Ken Russell

JGO Coder

Java games rock!

« Reply #27 - Posted 2006-02-10 22:08:23 »

Thanks for the output.

Could you please download and test a new build of JOGL?

http://download.java.net/media/jogl/builds/tmp/jogl-linux.tar.gz

I think there's a chance this may fix the problem, but if not it should provide some more information to help us track down what is happening. If you could please run the above JOGLTest3 again and post the output I'd appreciate it. (There should be additional lines printing the GLX_VERSION for the client and server, etc.)

The changes here are a change to how JOGL was linked (due to a recent build change the Linux library had grown massive and may have had some things incorrectly statically linked in to it) as well as a change to load the GLU library more lazily, since it isn't used by default. I think the GLU change has a chance at changing the behavior.
Offline drslinky1500

Senior Newbie

« Reply #28 - Posted 2006-02-13 05:19:36 »

Sorry it took so long, busy week.

Here is the output of JOGLTest3.

!!! GLX server vendor : SGI
!!! GLX server version: 1.2
!!! GLX client vendor : SGI
!!! GLX client version: 1.4
!!! glXChooseVisual recommended visual id 0x27
!!! Fetched XVisualInfo for visual ID 0x27
!!! Resulting XVisualInfo: visualid = 0x27
JOGLTest3: GL_VENDOR: Mesa project: www.mesa3d.org
JOGLTest3: GL_RENDERER: Mesa GLX Indirect
JOGLTest3: GL_VERSION: 1.2 (1.5 Mesa 6.2.1)

And attached is the process information.
Offline Ken Russell

JGO Coder

Java games rock!

« Reply #29 - Posted 2006-02-13 07:09:02 »

Thanks for doing the run. I'm still pretty mystified as to what is going on. Could you please do a couple more runs?

For the JOGL run, could you please "setenv LIBGL_DEBUG verbose" before doing the run and post the output? That should give some information about why the DRI drivers aren't getting loaded for the JOGL case.

For the LWJGL run, could you please run with -Dorg.lwjgl.util.Debug=true ? That should print out what visual ID LWJGL is choosing, I think.

The /proc output isn't necessary for these runs, thanks.

I'm guessing that in your glxinfo output some of the visuals are supplied by Mesa and some by the DRI drivers, though I don't understand how that is possible. The visual ID selected when running the JOGL test claims it has no caveats like "slow", but obviously that's not correct since it doesn't support direct rendering...
Pages: [1] 2
  ignore  |  Print  

You cannot reply to this message, because it is very, very old.

Add your game by posting it in the WIP section,
or publish it in Showcase.

The first screenshot will be displayed as a thumbnail.

xFryIx (57 views)
2014-11-13 12:34:49

digdugdiggy (35 views)
2014-11-12 21:11:50

digdugdiggy (29 views)
2014-11-12 21:10:15

digdugdiggy (23 views)
2014-11-12 21:09:33

kovacsa (46 views)
2014-11-07 19:57:14

TehJavaDev (50 views)
2014-11-03 22:04:50

BurntPizza (50 views)
2014-11-03 18:54:52

moogie (65 views)
2014-11-03 06:22:04

CopyableCougar4 (63 views)
2014-11-01 23:36:41

DarkCart (148 views)
2014-11-01 14:51:03
Understanding relations between setOrigin, setScale and setPosition in libGdx
by mbabuskov
2014-10-09 22:35:00

Definite guide to supporting multiple device resolutions on Android (2014)
by mbabuskov
2014-10-02 22:36:02

List of Learning Resources
by Longor1996
2014-08-16 10:40:00

by SilverTiger
2014-08-05 19:33:27

Resources for WIP games
by CogWheelz
2014-08-01 16:20:17

Resources for WIP games
by CogWheelz
2014-08-01 16:19:50

by SilverTiger
2014-07-31 16:29:50

by SilverTiger
2014-07-31 16:26:06
java-gaming.org is not responsible for the content posted by its members, including references to external websites, and other references that may or may not have a relation with our primarily gaming and game production oriented community. inquiries and complaints can be sent via email to the info‑account of the company managing the website of java‑gaming.org